• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vilma Files Lawsuit Against Goodell

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it gets that far, it should be interesting to see what kind of "evidence" Goodell uses to suspend people.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he wins,that would pull the plug on Goodells run of power

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
More crying from another guy who got what was coming to him.

Luckily (as far as I know) the CBA has rules about how they deal with these things, so his suit will probably be thrown out with the judge saying to deal with it internally.

It's kind of like if you sign an agreement with your boss saying you'll go to arbitration rater than court if a legal issue arises.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can hope

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More crying from another guy who got what was coming to him.

Luckily (as far as I know) the CBA has rules about how they deal with these things, so his suit will probably be thrown out with the judge saying to deal with it internally.

It's kind of like if you sign an agreement with your boss saying you'll go to arbitration rater than court if a legal issue arises.

The lawsuit wont get thrown out for that reason. The CBA may have an arbitration clause as it relates to disputes within the jurisdiction of th CBA (meaning disputes as they relate to labor) and as such Vilma's suspension would be covered by the CBA. However, Vilma's suit is for defamation of character, which is a civil tort that would be outside the jurisdiction of a labor agreement and as such I highly doubt that the CBA would cover it, and even if it did, I doubt that kind of agreement would be legally binding.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN radio was saying this morning this case has almost no chance of doing anything. It's nothing more than a way for Vilma to try and get some leverage to have his suspension reduced, but to win a case like this he would have to prove not the NFL but Roger Goodell knew he did nothing wrong and maliciously went after him anyway to ruin his name. According to them even if there is no evidence it would be very hard to prove Goodell was trying to go after him just to do it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Vilma simply looks like a fool. Goodell is not going to be intimidated by that all; in fact it just might make him very vindictive.

One of the first thoughts that went through my mind was that Goodell surely checked with his lawyer prior to releasing the information. According to Kinzu's post just above, ESPN mentioned leverage for his suspension negotiations as a reason for the suit - I can see that working both ways.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of when one of my non-industry friends said that the employees should sue Ari Gold for shooting them with paint on Entourage.

Good luck with that, Jonathan.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The lawsuit wont get thrown out for that reason. The CBA may have an arbitration clause as it relates to disputes within the jurisdiction of th CBA (meaning disputes as they relate to labor) and as such Vilma's suspension would be covered by the CBA. However, Vilma's suit is for defamation of character.

Good point. You're right; it will go to court. However, with all the evidence Goodell has ESPN radio is right; this case has no chance of doing anything. Vilma's just being litigious douche.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Der Football Furher shall deal harshly with insubordinate minions who do not respect his AuoritaHHHHHH....

Even though Vilmgot off with punishment he deserved.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Der Football Furher shall deal harshly with insubordinate minions who do not respect his AuoritaHHHHHH....

Even though Vilmgot off with punishment he deserved.

Ok no offense to you personally, but this post, and those like this one, are incredibly lame. If people lie repeatedly to his face when he's investigating something and they get caught, I don't care if he bans them for life. They got what they deserved. If you don't like it FOLLOW THE FRIGGN' RULES!!!

Why do you people constantly defend Aholes & miscreants while giving a bunch of crap to someone who wants to punish people for lying & cheating? It's called upholding the integrity of the game.

Those poor millionaires got suspended for the stupid crap they pulled. We should start a charity fund for 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok no offense to you personally, but this post, and those like this one, are incredibly lame. If people lie repeatedly to his face when he's investigating something and they get caught, I don't care if he bans them for life. They got what they deserved. If you don't like it FOLLOW THE FRIGGN' RULES!!!

Why do you people constantly defend Aholes & miscreants while giving a bunch of crap to someone who wants to punish people for lying & cheating? It's called upholding the integrity of the game.

Those poor millionaires got suspended for the stupid crap they pulled. We should start a charity fund for 'em.

I'd rep this a hundred times if I could.

I get feeling sorry for people and I'm one of the first to give benefit of doubt usually. This however is not a case of that to me. Vilma and the other players should not be looking to sue and sling mud in their bosses boss face like this. This is not helping him to get on the field any faster.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rep this a hundred times if I could.

I get feeling sorry for people and I'm one of the first to give benefit of doubt usually. This however is not a case of that to me. Vilma and the other players should not be looking to sue and sling mud in their bosses boss face like this. This is not helping him to get on the field any faster.

Furthermore, Vilma's DIRECT boss is against this type of behavior. And that guy SUPPORTS Goodell.

Say goodbye to the NFL, jackass.

Also, is anybody else offended by the fact that this ass clown is throwing this kind of money away on a lawsuit that CLEARLY isn't going anywhere? Watch this doosh be the next in line trying to sue the NFL because he couldn't figure out how to keep the millions of dollars he was given to play a game.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indeed bro what the hell is wrong with them