• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vilma Files Lawsuit Against Goodell

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this. No surprise. Goodell is not be caught off-guard by Vilma's lawsuit

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this. No surprise. Goodell is not be caught off-guard by Vilma's lawsuit

Vilma, you're a fucking moron. Instead of paying that lawyer to effectively do NOTHING, why don't you just give me $259/hr? I can accomplish the same results, imbecile. I'm probably more understandable, and definitely more entertaining.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vilma, you're a fucking moron. Instead of paying that lawyer to effectively do NOTHING, why don't you just give me $259/hr? I can accomplish the same results, imbecile. I'm probably more understandable, and definitely more entertaining.

Ha ha - I agree. As for $259/hr? His lawyers (I'm sure he has 2 or 3) probably cost somewhere north of $600 - each

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok no offense to you personally, but this post, and those like this one, are incredibly lame. If people lie repeatedly to his face when he's investigating something and they get caught, I don't care if he bans them for life. They got what they deserved. If you don't like it FOLLOW THE FRIGGN' RULES!!!

Why do you people constantly defend Aholes & miscreants while giving a bunch of crap to someone who wants to punish people for lying & cheating? It's called upholding the integrity of the game.

Those poor millionaires got suspended for the stupid crap they pulled. We should start a charity fund for 'em.

That is why I said in my Post VILMA GOT THE PUNISHMENT HE DESERVED. Nowhere did I say I had sympathy for Vilma. My opinion of Goddell as a power hungry attention starved douche in no way shape or form alters my opinion restated that VILMA GOT THE PUNSIHMENT HE DESERVED. All the people involved did.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its how he comes off. Just the impression I get that its his NFL an we should all be paying to get his Jersey. In the case of the Saints they got what they deserved but if you look at other punishments he is all over the board. I have no love for the Steelers but they get nailed harder on fines than other teams. Druing the lockout his demeanor and statements came off as they were oing it as a personal affront to him. Maybe because Previous Commisioners were more subtle an more in the background. He is always willing to jump into anything to promise swift an usually harsh punishment for every offense. Again its my opinion, comaprison to Hitler was overly harsh so Ill substitute Tyrant from now on.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Its how he comes off. Just the impression I get that its his NFL an we should all be paying to get his Jersey.

What did he say that came off that way?

In the case of the Saints they got what they deserved but if you look at other punishments he is all over the board. I have no love for the Steelers but they get nailed harder on fines than other teams..

Don't you think the infractions have been all over the board as well? Punishments notwithstanding, this sounds more like an inconsistent guy than a power hungry guy wanting attention (not that I agree he's inconsistent).

Druing the lockout his demeanor and statements came off as they were oing it as a personal affront to him.

1. A player called him a "devil." I vaguely remember D. Smith calling him a "liar" or something to that effect. Players also said they wanted to jump accross the table and attack him during negotiations. Those aren't affronts to him personally?
2. To what comments are you referring?

Maybe because Previous Commisioners were more subtle an more in the background. He is always willing to jump into anything to promise swift an usually harsh punishment for every offense.

Doesn't that sound more like the word strict than power hungry? You think he should be more lenient?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I don't get the hatred for Goodell. Inconsistent or not (and I don't think he is, but that's just my opinion), I don't see why fans have such a passionate dislike of him. Who has he punished that didn't deserve it?

Personally, I find his no-bullshit-policy refreshing.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My only gripe against Goodell is the sloppy execution of throwing in these new safety rules and then dishing out fines before defenders had a chance to digest and accumulate to them.

In that regard I did agree with the players gripe and I thought there should've been a grace period before dishing out fines.

I can see why people hate him because of the sissification of the league but I don't hold it against him because the reality is his job is to protect the shield first and foremost. With the rule changes it was Goodell attempt to get infront of the player safety issue and cover the leagues back against problems like they are facing now with countless players suing the league.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only gripe against Goodell is the sloppy execution of throwing in these new safety rules and then dishing out fines before defenders had a chance to digest and accumulate to them.

In that regard I did agree with the players gripe and I thought there should've been a grace period before dishing out fines.

I can see why people hate him because of the sissification of the league but I don't hold it against him because the reality is his job is to protect the shield first and foremost. With the rule changes it was Goodell attempt to get infront of the player safety issue and cover the leagues back against problems like they are facing now with countless players suing the league.

Accusing Goodell of sissyfying the league makes absolutely zero sense. The owners and HC's propose rule changes and the owners ratify them. Yes, Goodell enforces the rules, but the last time I checked enforcement is compulsory and intended to deter violation not make it worth the players while to continue violation.

So if you are looking for someone to accuse for sissyfying the league look to the owners - it's their league and their rules.