• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings to hire George Edwards as defensive coordinator

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings aren’t wasting much time filling out Mike Zimmer’s first staff.

Norv Turner is reportedly close to becoming their offensive coordinator and Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reports that Dolphins linebackers coach George Edwards is leaving his current job to be the defensive coordinator. A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that a deal is not done yet, however.

Edwards spent the 2003 season as the Redskins’ defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier and had the same job with the Bills during the 2010 and 2011 seasons before being replaced by Dave Wannstedt before Chan Gailey’s final year as the head coach in Buffalo. This was his second season as the Dolphins’ linebackers coach and he also had a previous stint in that role from 2005 to 2009.

Edwards worked for Zimmer in Dallas for a couple of years before making the jump to Washington. Zimmer hasn’t said whether he’ll be calling the defenses in Minnesota, although that question will likely be asked during his introductory press conference on Friday morning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Moving pretty quick to finish the staff.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRandle View Post
Vikings hire Dolphins LBs coach George Edwards as defensive coordinator - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites

I may have posted this too soon. I did see multiple links stating he's the new DC, but I seen one saying he was hired by the Vikes, but not guaranteed to be DC. Might end up as LB coach.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yall got a helluva a head coach IMHO Zimmer is a no nonsense kind of guy you should like him

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he may be a good hire for the us, but all the talent on the field and the coaches on the sidelines, won't matter unless they can get a Q/B. We all have a wish, mine is Manziel. Good luck to whoever they get as a new q/b, has got to better than the three backups they have now.

GO Vikes !!!