• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Vikings don't ruin my thanksgiving

Still not sure how lions beat us at US Bank Earlier

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Vikings don't ruin my thanksgiving

Still not sure how lions beat us at US Bank Earlier

The game was close, but well under control until the Vikings came out in the 2nd half and ran that stupid wildcat play to turn the ball over right away, followed by another fumble/Dalvin Cook's injury on their next drive. That one dumb play completely took the wind out of their sails and gave Detroit the momentum to sneak away with a win. I'm happy to see them at 8-2, but they should be 9-1. There was no excuse for that loss.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody catch Zims presser on Vikings.com today. Very non chalantly said Keenums got big balls:lol:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning record.

Thought i jinxed them at the end. On the 17th hole, wife tells me the score 27-23 Vikes, with 12 minutes remaining. I pull out my Viking tee...and it breaks trying to put it in the ground.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gjallarhorn (sounding horn)----9-2

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this weekend went well for Minnesota

Beating Car/Atl actually helps GB (potentially) but I'll still be rooting for MN win

I think there is good chance at 12-4 finish, I do think we drop 1-2 down stretch

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this weekend went well for Minnesota

Beating Car/Atl actually helps GB (potentially) but I'll still be rooting for MN win

I think there is good chance at 12-4 finish, I do think we drop 1-2 down stretch

Yep. Owning tie breakers over LA and NO. If we can take 1 of 2 from Carolina or Atlanta, I say we finish 13-3.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Owning tie breakers over LA and NO. If we can take 1 of 2 from Carolina or Atlanta, I say we finish 13-3.

Whoa guys, pump the breaks. I like how this season has turned out for them as much as anyone, but if being a Vikings fan has taught you anything, it's not to get too optimistic too quickly. There's still 5 whole games left, including two potentially tough road games in ATL and CAR and two division games, one of which is in Green Bay. All four of those games are likely to be hard fought. As for the Bengals game, they might not be great, but it's not like they're some gimme W like a home game vs. the Browns. Basically, there's still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off the Case Keenum wagon. I hope that doesn't happen, but I'm content to keep feeling like underdogs for the remainder of the season, including the playoffs.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa guys, pump the breaks. I like how this season has turned out for them as much as anyone, but if being a Vikings fan has taught you anything, it's not to get too optimistic too quickly. There's still 5 whole games left, including two potentially tough road games in ATL and CAR and two division games, one of which is in Green Bay. All four of those games are likely to be hard fought. As for the Bengals game, they might not be great, but it's not like they're some gimme W like a home game vs. the Browns. Basically, there's still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off the Case Keenum wagon. I hope that doesn't happen, but I'm content to keep feeling like underdogs for the remainder of the season, including the playoffs.

I can live with that

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes you are right, we are still the Vikings and might pull some epic collapse shit.

That said, nothing they said really requires pumping the breaks. Especially when you consider we are clearly the most well rounded football team of the bunch. Crazy could happen, but we are really good.

And I'm usually Mr. Pessimist ask @Win TWINS!!!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are right, we are still the Vikings and might pull some epic collapse shit.

That said, nothing they said really requires pumping the breaks. Especially when you consider we are clearly the most well rounded football team of the bunch. Crazy could happen, but we are really good.

And I'm usually Mr. Pessimist ask @Win TWINS!!!

YU DARVISH!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/USER]

I get what you're saying, but we've been down this road countless times over as Vikings fans. We saw an epic collapse from last unbeaten team in the league to 8-8 and missing the playoffs just last season, in fact. I wouldn't crown them anything until they've at least secured 11+ wins to match the 2015 record. Until they make a legitimate run in the playoffs, it can still be argued that this team is simply overachieving big time with Keenum at the helm and our RB1 on IR.

More interestingly though, it's yet another year where I have to wonder what they'd be like if they had a top talent QB under center. Keenum may be proving himself to be better than previously thought, who knows - but it feels like even a healthy Bradford would make them nearly unstoppable.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Vikings not getting respect, check out the latest ESPN NFL "power rankings".

Week 13 NFL Power Rankings: Where every team ranks No. 1 (well, almost)

They have them all the way down at #5. I understand having Philly and New England over them, as well as Pittsburgh for having a matching 9-2 record and having handed the Vikes one of the their own two losses. But they're seriously putting the 8-3 LA Rams ahead of both the Vikes and Steelers. The Rams are good this year, no doubt, but give me a break. The Vikes spanked them just 2 weeks ago before they rebounded by squeaking past New Orleans 26-20, who we also spanked in week 1. I'm not getting how that puts LA over the Vikings by two spots. I guess the Vikes got punished in this ranking for not beating Detroilet by more in the Thanksgiving game, lmao. ESPN is a joke.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, but we've been down this road countless times over as Vikings fans. We saw an epic collapse from last unbeaten team in the league to 8-8 and missing the playoffs just last season, in fact. I wouldn't crown them anything until they've at least secured 11+ wins to match the 2015 record. Until they make a legitimate run in the playoffs, it can still be argued that this team is simply overachieving big time with Keenum at the helm and our RB1 on IR.

More interestingly though, it's yet another year where I have to wonder what they'd be like if they had a top talent QB under center. Keenum may be proving himself to be better than previously thought, who knows - but it feels like even a healthy Bradford would make them nearly unstoppable.

We saw Bradford last year. He hasn't no mobility. It leads to check downs. Sure the passes are complete but they go nowhere. The O line is vastly improved but it's still a major product of Keenum being able to extend plays. The guy just doesn't get sacked. It's Rodgersesque in that respect.

Speaking of Rodgers. Would be nice to see him pull a Favre. Idk if even win a game by less then 10 for a whole season with him at QB.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Rodgers. Would be nice to see him pull a Favre. Idk if even win a game by less then 10 for a whole season with him at QB.

It still haunts me to this day that the Vikings passed on Rodgers not once, but TWICE during the 2005 draft. All for Troy "Alligator Arms" Williamson and Erasmus James. I remember the Vikes' 2nd first round pick being 18th overall, and it was so obvious that Rodgers was going to drop all the way down to the Packers at 24 before the Vikings even picked at 18. It didn't take a genius to realize what a huge opportunity we were passing up putting all of our trust in Culpepper, who never really amounted to anything without Randy Moss for the most part.

They literally could have hung on to Randy Moss and taken Rodgers with their own 1st round pick at #18... seriously, that combo would have been good for 2 titles minimum. Urgh.