• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Victor Cruz: “I feel like I deserve to be paid more money at this point

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz is absolutely right on this one. He did say that he deserved the pay he got this year based on where he came in but after the season he had his season, theres no way he shouldn't get a huge extension. Without him, I don't know that they even make he playoffs let alone win the superbowl. He was absolutely dominating this season.

It would be a crime if Forte doesn't get his money either. This guy is the heart and soul f the Bears.

You're absolutely right. At least he waited until after the Super Bowl to start talking about it. This guy deserves a major increase in pay.

I agree Forte deserves an increase as well, but i am always cautious about giving RB's loaded contracts. IMO RB is the easiest position to fill in the NFL. However, Forte does more for his team as far as rushing and pass catching is concerned and he is definitely a guy who has earned it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely is worth millions more than his current contract. Great hands, great speed, and great instinct. What kind of leverage does he have at this point? If he holds out, I imagine the Giants would offer him a slight to moderate raise, but sitting out an entire season can't be an option for him.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE ON NFL NETWORK RIGHT NOW AND HE SAID HE THINKS ABOUT THE $ vaguely

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are pretty quick to just give a guy big money for 1 good season. I think he deserves a little more, and if you are doing it for the sake of getting him before he demands a ton of cash like Crimson stated... I get that. But how many guys in this league have had a great season and then the next year come back down to earth?? Look at Kevin Barlow, Derek Anderson....

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Doesn't this story sound familiar to anyone?

The Facts: Even though Smith is anxious to cash in and does not want to play out the final year of his original rookie contract, he promises to be an on-time arrival Aug. 1 when Giants training camp opens up in Albany. Reported by the New York Post

Diehards Line: According to Post staffer Paul Schwartz, Smith is adamant but not militant in his desire to secure a new deal. He's scheduled to make $550,000 this season, which doesn't cut it for a player who shattered the franchise's single-season record for receptions with 107. He was the first Giant to lead the conference in catches since 1971. Smith was third in the NFC with 1,220 receiving yards and led all Giants receivers with seven touchdowns. "I deserve to at least be getting what these other players in the NFL are getting, like a Greg Jennings, at least," Smith said. Jennings a year ago signed a four-year extension with the Packers for $26.8 million, including $16.25 million in guaranteed money. According to Schwartz, the Giants want to lock him up with a multi-year deal, but with no new Collective Bargaining Agreement for the 2011 season, teams are reluctant to commit to long-term deals.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made more plays than Crabtree, certainly(although, both only had one TD in the playoffs). But for the Giants Superbowl, one can say a lot of things, if it weren't for....

But damn, Cruz already thinking money.

well a football player is one injury away from collecting nothing. i hate the guys who hold out. but he has every right to say, hey i performed lets get a new contract done.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cruz is absolutely right on this one. He did say that he deserved the pay he got this year based on where he came in but after the season he had his season, theres no way he shouldn't get a huge extension. Without him, I don't know that they even make he playoffs let alone win the superbowl. He was absolutely dominating this season.

It would be a crime if Forte doesn't get his money either. This guy is the heart and soul f the Bears.

Absolutely...and he's mature enough to recognize that his salary for this past season was fair. He outperformed it tremendously and now he will get a raise...not sure how people can think he's taking advantage of this...I'm not one for extravagant salaries for pro athletes, but his comments and understanding are mature and correct.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of the times its gets old hearing how people want all this money when they basically had one good year and such. But there are arguements for both sides, as in show me you can do it again next yr from the owners/GM point of view and the players have the injury worries to facor in and making sure they make there money. Also the players see who is making more then them and realize they are much better/valuable.

In this case i feel he deserves a raise but not a substantial one. These are always tough because the owners/GM might wanna see how he starts off next yr then work a new contract out mid season or such. But the players want it done ASAP just in case injuries happen. Tough call.