• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick's press conference

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did anyone see it? He was complaining (you could tell because he said he wasn't complaining when he finished complaining) about the hits he takes.

This could be a problem for us next week if he plays. It's the old basketball/hockey trick of complaining about the officials not making calls so that you get those calls the next game (see: Jackson, Phil). With our front 7 being undeniably the strength of our defense, they could throw flags every time we breathe heavily near Vick. He could look like a soccer player flopping around to draw flags.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if he plays of course. If he does play, i would imagine that hand injury would make him more vulnerable. I'm more concerned about the false starts.

You really think the refs are sitting there and watching to see how they should call the game? Lets hope not.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's if he plays of course. If he does play, i would imagine that hand injury would make him more vulnerable. I'm more concerned about the false starts.

You really think the refs are sitting there and watching to see how they should call the game? Lets hope not.

I don't think it's a conscious thing, but the Philly QB, who is a superstar and a pretty popular player in the NFL has complained about not getting the calls that other QBs around the league get. The game is in Philly. To think his comments will not at least subconsciously effect the officials is naive.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, it backfires and he doesn't get some close ones for cryin' about it. Next week's game is one we have no business winning, but all of a sudden the Iggles are lookin' shaky.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see it? He was complaining (you could tell because he said he wasn't complaining when he finished complaining) about the hits he takes.

This could be a problem for us next week if he plays. It's the old basketball/hockey trick of complaining about the officials not making calls so that you get those calls the next game (see: Jackson, Phil). With our front 7 being undeniably the strength of our defense, they could throw flags every time we breathe heavily near Vick. He could look like a soccer player flopping around to draw flags.

Yes, he definitely brought attention to himself and if he does play, I'm prepared for some flags to cover the ref's ass.

We need our guys to be smart but then again, we never reach the QB lol...

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm willing to set the over/under on borderline roughing the passer calls at 1.5 and take the over.

On the flip side, if the refs think he's complaining about their calls, it could backfire on him, but I seriously doubt that.

On a side note, he should really be complaining about his O-line. They are the ones getting him killed.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always under the impression that the NFL officials react the opposite way from NBA officials. Once you criticize them, you sign your own death warrant... you make them look bad, and then they'll make sure to start flagging you for everything.

I can never forget the 1997 Playoffs against the Packers, full of bad calls and even calls where the NFL sent that apology to the 49ers afterwards that they missed the calls and the officials were wrong. Mooch and the players made a big stink about it and complained about the crew... and then the next time they got that crew in 1998 in Buffalo, the 49ers had something like 27 penalties thrown against them, but only 22 stuck because there were quite a few off-setting penalties

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he definitely brought attention to himself and if he does play, I'm prepared for some flags to cover the ref's ass.

We need our guys to be smart but then again, we never reach the QB lol...

Complaining about officiating hasn't worked out for the devils to well in the past calamity but on a serious note fuck vick i'll be pulling for you guys next week.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining about officiating hasn't worked out for the devils to well in the past calamity but on a serious note fuck vick i'll be pulling for you guys next week.

lol.... niether has our ability to hold onto a coach from start to finish... :fish2:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilfer basically called Vick a pussy on ESPN

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm not blaming the refs, but I just think everybody needs to do their job".

Okay?

renocam

Dis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's right. Everyone has to do their job. Even a sniper hired by the ASPCA has a job to do.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Abused Mikey Vick... I have as much sympathy for that waste of genetic material as he did for the dogs he tortured and killed. In a perfect world he'll have a bad game and the Philly Fans will electrocute him for... losing.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I were the 49ers I would be sending in my own tapes to the NFL this morning. Brooks wasn't off sides which led to a Dallas TD, Crabs looked like he was in bounds for that TD catch and I am sure they could find something from the Seattle game.
Bad teams don't usually get many calls but come on Zebras...

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vick is a classless piece of shit. None of those hits were late or uncalled for. Somebody should remind him that he is playing football not soccer. It's ironic that he is talking about himself getting abused after what he did to all of those defenseless dogs he killed. He was a coward then, and he is a coward now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play where he hurt his hand should have been a flag. Not saying his complaining is justified, but the dudes helmet touched Vicks helmet. It was very minor, but that's the rule. I think Vick doesn't get a lot of calls because of the style of play he chooses. If you play reckless, you are gonna get hit and not get those calls because you are running and at that point fair game.