• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick at QB??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like regardless of whether he signs... Its a short term answer. He will get cut as soon as Gradkowski is back. But I also just learned that Bruce may need shoulder surgery? So his timetable just increased sharply.
told you that shoudler was bad news.....

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waiting game is over for Michael Vick.

The Pittsburgh Steelers announced Tuesday night that they have signed the veteran quarterback to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. In a corresponding move, the Steelers have placed quarterback Bruce Gradkowski on season-ending injured reserve.

Vick signs with the Steelers on the same day he visited with the team. The 35-year-old veteran spent last season with the New York Jets, where he played sparingly behind starter Geno Smith.

"There's not a throw on the field he can't make from an arm-strength-standpoint, he's a very experienced guy at what he does at this point in his career," said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "And obviously the mobility is still unique even at 35."

This is a much better situation for Vick, who won't encounter any of the drama he faced playing under the spotlight in Gotham. Ben Roethlisberger is the clear-cut starter, and Vick should have the time to get comfortable in a new offense. This isn't the first time the Steelers have flirted with Vick: The team expressed interest in the quarterback after Vick's release from prison in 2009.

Earlier Tuesday, Roethlisberger threw his support behind the move.

"For me, it's about any way, any person, any thing who can help this team," Roethlisberger said. "If that's Michael Vick, then so be it."

Vick came on Pittsburgh's radar after Gradkowski suffered hand and shoulder injuries against the Packers on Sunday. Gradkowski underwent finger surgery on Tuesday, according to the Post-Gazette.

Michael Vick signs one-year deal with Steelers - NFL.com

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick to Pittsburgh, I like this move for both parties.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waiting game is over for Michael Vick.

The Pittsburgh Steelers announced Tuesday night that they have signed the veteran quarterback to a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. In a corresponding move, the Steelers have placed quarterback Bruce Gradkowski on season-ending injured reserve.

Vick signs with the Steelers on the same day he visited with the team. The 35-year-old veteran spent last season with the New York Jets, where he played sparingly behind starter Geno Smith.

"There's not a throw on the field he can't make from an arm-strength-standpoint, he's a very experienced guy at what he does at this point in his career," said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "And obviously the mobility is still unique even at 35."

This is a much better situation for Vick, who won't encounter any of the drama he faced playing under the spotlight in Gotham. Ben Roethlisberger is the clear-cut starter, and Vick should have the time to get comfortable in a new offense. This isn't the first time the Steelers have flirted with Vick: The team expressed interest in the quarterback after Vick's release from prison in 2009.

Earlier Tuesday, Roethlisberger threw his support behind the move.

"For me, it's about any way, any person, any thing who can help this team," Roethlisberger said. "If that's Michael Vick, then so be it."

Vick came on Pittsburgh's radar after Gradkowski suffered hand and shoulder injuries against the Packers on Sunday. Gradkowski underwent finger surgery on Tuesday, according to the Post-Gazette.

Michael Vick signs one-year deal with Steelers - NFL.com

And Vick can start 3-4 games if Big Ben gets hurt and they won't miss a beat. Vick's scrambling ability will compensate for him being a less efficient passer than Ben.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken Vick on the Raiders if we hadn't acquired Ponder.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. As soon as I heard he was coming in for a tryout I knew we'd sign him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary to think how bad the QB field is out there that Vick still is employed.

Looking at the positive if Ben gets hurt we won't have to see Landry Jones ever take a snap in a regular season game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin and Vick are from the same neck of the woods...he apparently has had interest in Vick in the past...talentwise the guy can still play...mentally I wonder if he wants to based on his opportunity in NY LY...I have to assume he will be QB3 in the short term so this signing may not, hopefully not mean anything.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.

giphy.gif

Old, slow, inaccurate. Yeah....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got into a heated disagreement on FB in a sports group with a long time friend.

I ended up asking, "Who was better that is still a FA?" Crickets chirping ever since.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly, from a football move, strictly football, its a good one, real good one

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um......did Vick play today?

With the flick of a wrist.....a 63 yard TD.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,691.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean......I realize it's pre-season but if he had gone 2 of 5 for 12 yards the boo birds would have been out saying he sucks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean......I realize it's pre-season but if he had gone 2 of 5 for 12 yards the boo birds would have been out saying he sucks.
absolutely, dude still has a cannon