• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick at QB??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arm fatigue before camp? as a backup vet qb? thats not usually a good sign, and generally stems from the shoulder.......the shoulder girdle hinges it all........

bruce isnt really established, hes been in the league......but thats about it
Probably right about the shoulder. And it does raise eyebrows that he had it coming into camp. Makes you wonder what the hell he has been doing all offseason. Not strengthening his arm, no doubt. Still, I don't think anyone is really all that worried about Bruce. If there was a major concern then you would have already seen a move being made. We are in week 2 of camp and he has likely been held out as a precaution. He should be back soon. If not, then by all means, lets keep peppering up the gumbo on these FA QB talks.

Established is in the eyes of the beholder. I call him established because he has been a "capable starter" that has won games. I say capable because he has shown that he can move the chains and work the defense. He may not flash very brightly, but he gets the job done. It was only last year that he was rated in the top 3 of best backup QBs in the NFL. Polls don't mean much, but that has to at least tell you something.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably right about the shoulder. And it does raise eyebrows that he had it coming into camp. Makes you wonder what the hell he has been doing all offseason. Not strengthening his arm, no doubt. Still, I don't think anyone is really all that worried about Bruce. If there was a major concern then you would have already seen a move being made. We are in week 2 of camp and he has likely been held out as a precaution. He should be back soon. If not, then by all means, lets keep peppering up the gumbo on these FA QB talks.

Established is in the eyes of the beholder. I call him established because he has been a "capable starter" that has won games. I say capable because he has shown that he can move the chains and work the defense. He may not flash very brightly, but he gets the job done. It was only last year that he was rated in the top 3 of best backup QBs in the NFL. Polls don't mean much, but that has to at least tell you something.

fair enough, im merely speculation on the shoulder, i have a little bit of medical knowledge....but without knowing for sure, or examining it is just speculation

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough, im merely speculation on the shoulder, i have a little bit of medical knowledge....but without knowing for sure, or examining it is just speculation
The only reason why I'm not worried about Bruce is because its week 2 of camp and the first preseason game is NEXT WEEK! (pretty f-ing excited about that by the way). If there was a concern about the QB2 spot then I think a move would have been made by now. But that isn't to say that they don't have their eyes on someone as we speak.

Or... here's a thought... Maybe they are letting Landry vie for the QB2 spot? Scary thought indeed, but isn't that what they had planned all along? To let Landry eventually beat out Bruce for QB2. That would mean Boyd, Murphy & Gardner are fighting for that QB3 spot. Which would also mean that Bruce is chopped liver spoiling on the cutting board. Food for thought!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey ponder is available !!!!!:bolt:
200.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously favre would be awesome

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet you flutie could wing it still

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what they are contemplating right now...

A. Signing Vick through the season to keep him as a QB2 during Gradkowski's absence, but ultimately keep him as a QB3 when Bruce returns? Thus giving Landry the long awaited BOOT!

B. Same as above, but when Bruce returns, they cut Vick?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep Vick he's better than Bruce inho

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many weapons we need someone who can play a stretch what makes u think Bruce can

NFL Gamecast - Pittsburgh vs NY Jets
Not a good example... Ben threw 2 picks that game. Their defense won it for them. Vick went 10/18 and 132 yds 2 TDs. That doesn't spell excellence. Not to mention how awful our D was.

What makes you think Bruce can't (when healthy that is)? I could go on and on about preseason stats, but something tells me thats a waste of time.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like regardless of whether he signs... Its a short term answer. He will get cut as soon as Gradkowski is back. But I also just learned that Bruce may need shoulder surgery? So his timetable just increased sharply.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good example... Ben threw 2 picks that game. Their defense won it for them. Vick went 10/18 and 132 yds 2 TDs. That doesn't spell excellence. Not to mention how awful our D was.

What makes you think Bruce can't (when healthy that is)? I could go on and on about preseason stats, but something tells me thats a waste of time.

hes just not a strong armed qb......dink and dunker......we need someone with an arm that can utilize our talent....