• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vernon should sit out a week IMO

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He said his hammy is at about 75% right now. I'm a lot more concerned with how he's going to play towards the end of the season than how he's playing now.

Let him just stretch & stink up the locker room with Ben Gay for a week and get read for the road trip to Tennessee & then Jacksonville.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked just fine on his td catch and run.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think you sit him for the Jags game which leads into the bye week.

The Jags are so terrible we could easily win without him and the Cards and Titans are good enough where we can't really afford to sit him.

Right now he's the Davis is the only thing keeping our passing game somewhat afloat and sitting him would all but sink it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is fine. Did u see that TD?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a nice TD, but Sick is right. He did look really slow and hesitant at times last night. Better to have him sit now and make sure he is around for the long haul. Look what happened to Vick.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a good stretch of games to sit him. hamstrings can linger and lead to worse things.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Arizona game we can sit him. Right now him Boldin is all we got.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm very torn on this. Our passing offense is abysmal right now, and Peterson will likely shut down Boldin. I think we can shut down the AZ offense, but their D is playing very well right now, and I don't think we can go entirely one-dimensional with the run and win this one. Kap has been lucky to avoid at least three INTs over the past two weeks (two by Lauranaitis and the catch by Boldin that should have been a Joseph - I think - pick yesterday).

Oh, and the OL, RBs, and TEs had damn well better be working on blitz pickup this week. Carolina had seven sacks this week, none by their OLBs. Calais Campbell was the only DL to get to the QB.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very torn on this. Our passing offense is abysmal right now, and Peterson will likely shut down Boldin. I think we can shut down the AZ offense, but their D is playing very well right now, and I don't think we can go entirely one-dimensional with the run and win this one. Kap has been lucky to avoid at least three INTs over the past two weeks (two by Lauranaitis and the catch by Boldin that should have been a Joseph - I think - pick yesterday).

Oh, and the OL, RBs, and TEs had damn well better be working on blitz pickup this week. Carolina had seven sacks this week, none by their OLBs. Calais Campbell was the only DL to get to the QB.

It sucks cause Crabs owns Peterson for whatever reason. I agree that Boldin will probably struggle. I would like to see Vance get some throws.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest him. Would like to see more Vance McDonald.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a nice TD, but Sick is right. He did look really slow and hesitant at times last night. Better to have him sit now and make sure he is around for the long haul. Look what happened to Vick.

I had seen him do this before when healthy (notably in the Buffalo game last year on the last pass), but this was worse. He watched the ball come and you could see him watch the ball down. It's probably hard for him, even when healthy to dive or slide down in a way to catch it, but it looked like, "umm, no, I'm not going for that one." BUT, I couldn't see the angle. The commentator said something about how he thought Davis would speed up to that next gear to get it, but it didn't look to be too far. It just looked off and it would have taken a dive or something to get it from the angle they showed (in my perspective). But perhaps one of you saw it better or had a better angle?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had seen him do this before when healthy (notably in the Buffalo game last year on the last pass), but this was worse. He watched the ball come and you could see him watch the ball down. It's probably hard for him, even when healthy to dive or slide down in a way to catch it, but it looked like, "umm, no, I'm not going for that one." BUT, I couldn't see the angle. The commentator said something about how he thought Davis would speed up to that next gear to get it, but it didn't look to be too far. It just looked off and it would have taken a dive or something to get it from the angle they showed (in my perspective). But perhaps one of you saw it better or had a better angle?

To me it just looked like he couldn't get into the gear needed to get to the ball. It is one of those situations where the QB makes a throw that might not be perfect, but you expect your guy to make a play. Did you happen to see Thomas catch that ball that Manning threw to him on the drive that tied the game at 48? He threw it up and he literally flew out of nowhere and made a great catch on a ball. I feel like the Davis miss was the same. A fully healthy Davis I think gets to that ball.