• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what our chance with the shane hall kid, i heard he visited but are we legit for him

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing not good, since we've just got 2 post guys. They'll probably want to fill out this class with a guard and a wing if they can get them.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@VTechFanBlog
Ben Emelogu, a 6'5" SG out of Texas, has committed to Virginia Tech. Another great pickup for James Johnson and his staff.

huge. looks like we will have 12 scholarship players for next year, correct?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were Emelogu's other offers?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is excellent news. I remember seeing this a little while ago:

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
@VPIGUY the guy visiting next weekend for Duke game is the guy that I personally want the most of our remaining targets.undervalued prospect

More from Kip:

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
Dallas Mustang AAU team that Ben plays on was pretty stacked this past summer.Already have 5 kids committed to power conference programs

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
I personally feel Ben might end up being the best prospect of that whole group and one of the Mustang coaches agreed last night with that

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
@HillcrestHokie recruiting both Soma and Ben...Soma is an undersized 4 like Deron, eventually maybe becoming a 3 over time. Ben is a 2/3 now

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
Ben Emelogu is a good looking kid up close in street clothes.6-5,195 and that precise.was really paying attention and absorbing practice

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th commit for this class, plus the Smith transfer, so yes, we'll have 12 for the 2013-14 season as things stand today. They're still trying to pull in a 5th. I think the top 2 targets still out there are probably RJ Currington and Kendall Pollard, in that order.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing special, per Rivals, but don't read too much into that.

I know this is shocking, but I think Rivals is probably pretty out of date. It didn't even show an offer from us. And there's this exchange from our own HoHumHokie:

Casey Morrison ‏@HoHumHokie
@KipTJam Is Emelogu a late bloomer? Why not rated higher by recruiting services?

KipTJam KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
@HoHumHokie part of it I'm guessing is that he was injured and wasn't out in June or July.But has picked up bunch of offers this fall

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got another walk on for this year. Greg Donlon out of Midlothian, VA made the team. Good for depth at the 2-3 and a practice body if nothing else.

Does anyone know if Joey Racer and Will Johnson are going to be on the team? For some reason, they are on the hokiesports roster even though I thought they quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racer and Johnston are both back. Where (and when... before SG was fired?) had you heard that they were quitting?

Joey actually earned a scholarship for the spring semester last year. I'm guessing that is still in place for this year, since we're nowhere near the scholarship limit.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racer and Johnston are both back. Where (and when... before SG was fired?) had you heard that they were quitting?

Joey actually earned a scholarship for the spring semester last year. I'm guessing that is still in place for this year, since we're nowhere near the scholarship limit.
Not sure maybe I just made it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on how Joey Van Zegeren is doing in practice and what kind of role he will have?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on how Joey Van Zegeren is doing in practice and what kind of role he will have?

Haven't heard anything yet. Best I can do in the way of practice report is to give you this:

from 10/12:

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
Good opening day of practice.Good pace,spirited,competitive and teaching the guys how to play faster.like the toughness drills implemented

from 10/14:

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
Another solid practice day today. Crisp,kids are getting after it.lot of drill and station work emphasizing fundamentals and blocking out

KipTJam ‏@KipTJam
Essentially everything is new in these practices,no carryover in similar drill,stations or practice design so everyone starting anew