• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

V Hawks

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing a HELL of a game tonight fellas. Wow, just when I thought the Jazz couldn't look more shitty. No defense, layup, layup...foul, foul. Take Al out of the equation and there is no offense. This team is not fun to watch.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is the only one worth his salt tonight. Willing this team back within a punchers chance deep into the 4th.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I said I don't get pissed off anymore, but this game did piss me off. I could be running on a treadmill. I could be drinking microbrews. Taking in a movie. Scooping up dog shit in the backyard. It's a better show than what the Jazz are putting out there. Aside from Demarre, and maybe Gordon, I just see a collection of soft pu$$ies. And, I know that is a deplorable, horrid word.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Demarre, and maybe Gordon, I just see a collection of soft pu$$ies. And, I know that is a deplorable, horrid word.

Which one, the former or the latter?

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* The Hawks defense was too good. They've had a top 3 frontcourt the past 4 years, IMO.

Then you add in Teague, who is a good defender.

Teague also played a good game. Teague, Lawson, and Holiday have been on my list of PGs who I think are ok, but not good or great. But Teague's decision-making was great today. He did a good job with the pick and pop.

* The 4 missed FTs by Burks and Jefferson on the 4th were annoying.

* I don't think coaching mattered as much. The Hawks are just a lot better. They were up by 20 and maintained the lead. They came out focused and consistent.

* Nice to see Favors using his size and muscle in the paint.

* Hayward sees the floor well, on offense.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing a HELL of a game tonight fellas. Wow, just when I thought the Jazz couldn't look more shitty. No defense, layup, layup...foul, foul. Take Al out of the equation and there is no offense. This team is not fun to watch.

Sorry I couldn't post. Wasn't able to watch the game until late at night.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the Jazz offense didn't look as good because of the great Hawks defense.

I also didn't think the Jazz offense was that bad. They shot 44%, and only had 13 turnovers.

Also 46 points in the paint, that's above their season average of 43.2.

I think a bad offensive game is when teams shoot 41% or worse, and more likely 38% or something. Or have 17+ turnovers.

The Jazz were fighting, they outrebounded Atlanta by 9. The effort was there.

The talent isn't there, the Hawks are much better. They have the 9th best record in the league, and win on the road and at home. Hawks had the game's two best players coming into the game, and it ended up being true.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.facebook.com/FireCoachTyCorbin?fref=ts

Not that I think it's all Corbin. But, the tide is changing in Jazz land. People are fed up.

Right now, I think it's more about the GM not having great or even good players.

But I would also like to see Hayward start, and Carroll play more. Ultimately though, that only helps a little, probably not enough. Even if those guys were further up in the rotation, I don't think they affect wins too much unless there's a major increase in defense. And I don't know if giving them more minutes helps the defense that much, since defense is about all 5 guys.

Their improved offense doesn't matter as much, because there's only one ball. Players can't help on offense on every possession. But players have a chance to impact defense on every possession. If there's a 5 man unit that shows that it's really that much better on defense.

But so far, from studying the minutes all of the 5 man units have logged, nothing stands out.

On paper, I would play Hayward and Favors and Tinsley together, but they're probably not as good in reality as they would be in my head, which is probably why nothing has stood out when I've looked at the various 5 man units used so far this year.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this game seemed to be another example of the tough schedule beating the Jazz, rather than the Jazz beating the schedule.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford's steal, and the 4 missed FTs in the 4th, were the worst moments of the game, to me.