• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW @ Colorado

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alrighty then...

UW travels to the land of buffaloes and fair weather fans. And speaking of fair weather it looks like thats what we'll have for this game. Current forecast is 76 degrees and sunny!

That might be a bit fairer to gauge Troy by... He was put in a rough position against ASU considering that wind... But I don't know that he starts vs the Buffs. I think Coach Pete was just being cautious with Miles. I thought he was cleared to play...

So the buffs are desperate for a pac win (so are we so not sure desperation will help them them). Sefo isn't a huge running threat but he's having a good season doing what he does. Throwing the rock. Special thanks to Sark for letting this kid go out of state and tear it up...

This type of offense doesnt scare me with our d. We've handled drop back passers fine this season. Furd, Cal and the illini. Going into the game vs ASU, their oline had given up the least amount of sacks in the PAC, after playing UW they fell to 5th. Guess who takes their place at #1? Thats right! Colorado! But I have confidence in our d to get at him all day long...

They will score though, and probably more than we allowed cal to get. So UW is going to have to find some offense somewhere. It shouldnt be hard. The buffs give up more than anyone other than Cal. We should be able to score enough to win in spite of Smiths play calling.

It's still early in the week but the one major concern I have is injuries. Did anyone notice if Peters came back in the game vs ASU? I wasnt really paying attention between shots...

I got UW getting back to their winning ways. Thanks Colorado!

UW 31
buffs 19

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game updates

That should make Wally happy at least. All I got is :L

I'll side with Coach Pete for the rest of the season, but I don't like what I'm seeing to this point...

Also Miles has been named the starter. Peters is listed as a starter but during injuy questions no one brought him up... I still don't recall if he returned to the game after getting laid out or whatever happened, so I don't know here...

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles got the majority of the 1st team reps during practice today. Petersen says he's the starter this Sat baring any lingering effects from the concussion.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll side with Coach Pete for the rest of the season, but I don't like what I'm seeing to this point...

Also Miles has been named the starter. Peters is listed as a starter but during injuy questions no one brought him up... I still don't recall if he returned to the game after getting laid out or whatever happened, so I don't know here...

GTFO IB!

Let your coach COACH!

I could care less, cept IF JS is fired, send em home...we would take him as our QB coach anyday.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Softy asking that question is just so he has more to talk about during his show. What is Petersen supposed to say? Yeah, he's been sucking ass and is on a short rope? Of course Petersen is going to give 100% support to his staff. Anything less wouldn't be acceptable during the season. You can't undermine your own staff.

He also asked about why Ross only got the ball 2 times and Petersen kind of avoided a real answer.

The facts are the facts. This is the worst offense this team has had in at least 6 years, and I'd argue probably going back to a couple of bad teams in the mid 70's to be honest. Coach's response that they have nothing but inexperienced QB's and had to replace a stud RB that left for the NFL is hogwash because that happens all the time. None of us thought Price would do much after Locker left. You replace a seasoned QB with a noob at least every 3-4 years.

There is no innovation and no creativity. I'm not talking about complexity as you can't have much of that with young kids, but you sure can do more with your experienced line and I'm seeing mostly very basic blocking and not very good at that. You can use reverses to stop over pursuit. You can use quick screens to fight blitzes etc. And they don't. Down after down they lose to the same coverages and seem to make no adjustments.

Petersen should support Smith until his last day.

Which should be 10 minutes after their last play of the season this year.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why reporters get credit for asking supposed tough questions when the answers are apparently so obvious.

I do agree with you Wiz, it's really all he can say without causing issues.

It's just funny. I read elsewhere how great and tough the question line was.

Was it really such a tough question when there is only one thing he can possibly say without making matters worse?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts are the facts. This is the worst offense this team has had in at least 6 years, and I'd argue probably going back to a couple of bad teams in the mid 70's to be honest.

It's worse than 2008 is all I know.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure, well a bunch of things, this conversation just reminded me of this one thing. Softy is a douche...

Then there's the obvious terrible offense and all that. All that needs to be dealt with and Smith sucks and no quarterback and everything else. But Softy is a king douche who gets more obnoxious by the year.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to make a fair assessment when comparing this offense to 2008. For one we didnt play FCS schools back then and only had 1 mid major on the schedule, BYU. We played a much tougher schedule.

Our first 8 opponents in 2008 were Oregon, BYU, Oklahoma, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon State, Notre Dame and USC.

This year; Hawaii, EWU, Illinois, Georgia State, Stanford, Cal, Oregon and ASU.

Total defense rankings in 2008 1st 8 opponents:
USC 2nd
Oregon State 23rd
Arizona 24th
Notre Dame 39th
BYU 58th
Oklahoma 68th
Stanford 76th
Oregon 83rd

Total Defense rankings this year 1st 8 opponents:
Stanford 2nd
Hawaii 61st
ASU 72nd
Oregon 108th
Illinois 114th
Georgia State 120th
Cal 125th
EWU doesnt rate...

Also consider our offense has produced 14 less pts in our four games vs Oregon, Furd, ASU and Cal then we put out against them in 2008.

Like I said, it's difficult to be fair and accurate here. Just going by statlines we look somewhat better today, I think. Didnt bother to look. No need. However when you consider the schedule, the pts output vs like opponents and the fact we lost Locker in the 2nd quarter vs Furd in 2008, the 2014 offense would have got killed facing that schedule. I mean like multiple shutouts if not for the D...

In my opinion anyway.

We should all be very concerned. Anytime we can make even the slightest comparison to anything from 2008 we are in a world of hurt...:L

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we don't need to compare this offense to any past offense. The bottom line is they suck. They suck so bad they're wasting a defense that is one of the best in the conference and dragging the whole team down to the bottom half of the conference.

Fuck, my commentary for this game would be that it seems like a must win if we want to see our team in a bowl game this year, but if they lose to Colorado, whether or not we get to see a bowl game will be the least of our concerns.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we don't need to compare this offense to any past offense.

lol you're right, we don't have to. But I'm seeing the comparisons pop up here and there, so it's out there:lol:

Fuck, my commentary for this game would be that it seems like a must win if we want to see our team in a bowl game this year, but if they lose to Colorado, whether or not we get to see a bowl game will be the least of our concerns.

Yep. It's a must win thats for sure.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado has improved, but if this team was anything close to what it should be the result shouldn't be in question. But we aren't and it is.

Must win? Well probably. Only reason I even care is the impact a decent bowl has on recruiting because frankly I don't think they deserve to be in one otherwise.

They have 3 QB's on the team and none of them can play at this level. Of the three, Williams is probably the most likely to be serviceable if given substantial room to make errors while growing.

Really don't think it matters much which of the 3 is out there the rest of the season. None of them are going to get it done with this lack luster offense and terrible game planning.

Think the dumb fuckers will actually get the ball to Ross more than two times this game? I have no faith they will.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the dumb fuckers will actually get the ball to Ross more than two times this game? I have no faith they will.

You sure are getting demanding.

Baby steps man. I'll be happy if Mickens gets more receptions than tackles. :lol:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq as RB?

Huskies giving serious thought to moving Shaq Thompson permanently to offense | Husky Football | The Seattle Times

This is insanity.

We're considering taking a premier defensive player and moving him to offense permanently? :wtf2:

A couple short weeks ago Shaq was popping up in Heisman polls for his defensive efforts.

Here's a hint. Our offense doesn't suck because of the players on the field.

We played Shaq almost exclusively at RB last week and still LOST. Lost because of crappy play calling.

This offense is horrid across the board. Shaq isn't going to save the day on O... He is however capable of winning games on the defensive side of the ball...

Find someone else for your gimmicks.

Asinine.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huskies giving serious thought to moving Shaq Thompson permanently to offense | Husky Football | The Seattle Times

This is insanity.

We're considering taking a premier defensive player and moving him to offense permanently? :wtf2:

A couple short weeks ago Shaq was popping up in Heisman polls for his defensive efforts.

Here's a hint. Our offense doesn't suck because of the players on the field.

We played Shaq almost exclusively at RB last week and still LOST. Lost because of crappy play calling.

This offense is horrid across the board. Shaq isn't going to save the day on O... He is however capable of winning games on the defensive side of the ball...

Find someone else for your gimmicks.

Asinine.

They can't and they wont......

They would cost him millions playing him on the offense in the draft.
There is no way Shaq goes for this ......

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't and they wont......

They would cost him millions playing him on the offense in the draft.
There is no way Shaq goes for this ......

Not so sure my man. Theres been talk of Shaqs best position for the NFL actually being at RB. The Dawgpound has discussed it several times. To me it's just speculation, and I'm not sure the job as UWs head coach is to prepare players for their best fit in the NFL. I think it's supposed to be putting players in positions that give you the best shot to win, that very day.

I'm having a hard time believing Shaq at RB is better than Shaq at LB for his time at UW.

I'm pretty much shocked this is even being considered as a permanent solution.

Also as far as Shaqs feelings on the matter,

Two days after Thompson’s most productive day as running back for UW, Petersen asked him Monday morning if he had a preference on where he wants to play. “If you had your druthers … ” UW’s first-year coach asked.

“Just tell me where I need to go,” Thompson told him.

My concerns grow more and more each week...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure my man. Theres been talk of Shaqs best position for the NFL actually being at RB.
The Dawgpound has discussed it several times. To me it's just speculation, and I'm not sure the job as UWs head coach is to prepare players for their best fit in the NFL. I think it's supposed to be putting players in positions that give you the best shot to win, that very day.

I'm having a hard time believing Shaq at RB is better than Shaq at LB for his time at UW.

I'm pretty much shocked this is even being considered as a permanent solution.

Also as far as Shaqs feelings on the matter,

Two days after Thompson’s most productive day as running back for UW, Petersen asked him Monday morning if he had a preference on where he wants to play. “If you had your druthers … ” UW’s first-year coach asked.

“Just tell me where I need to go,” Thompson told him.

My concerns grow more and more each week...

That is flat out insane!
A RB life span in the NFL is not that long, plus this kid is a tackling, fumble forcin, interception machine!

Personally if he falls ( in the draft) by god I know Chip will grab him and plug him in the Eagles defense for the next 10 years....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the starters for this week RB has Cooper OR Coleman. Shaq is listed back at LB.

I don't mind Shaq getting a series here and there but to actually talk about it being permanent is just ludicrous.

So I'm hoping thats the way it plays out. Colorado is terrible against the run. If we can't establish a decent run game against them just burn it all.
A RB life span in the NFL is not that long
Yep. Plus vs ASU Shaq got dinged up. Limped off the field and was limping around the sidelines for a few minutes.

Imagine the fallout if he were to be seriously injured playing RB in some crazy half assed attempt to generate O...

I wouldn't be happy...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alrighty then...

UW travels to the land of buffaloes and fair weather fans. And speaking of fair weather it looks like thats what we'll have for this game. Current forecast is 76 degrees and sunny!

That might be a bit fairer to gauge Troy by... He was put in a rough position against ASU considering that wind... But I don't know that he starts vs the Buffs. I think Coach Pete was just being cautious with Miles. I thought he was cleared to play...

So the buffs are desperate for a pac win (so are we so not sure desperation will help them them). Sefo isn't a huge running threat but he's having a good season doing what he does. Throwing the rock. Special thanks to Sark for letting this kid go out of state and tear it up...

This type of offense doesnt scare me with our d. We've handled drop back passers fine this season. Furd, Cal and the illini. Going into the game vs ASU, their oline had given up the least amount of sacks in the PAC, after playing UW they fell to 5th. Guess who takes their place at #1? Thats right! Colorado! But I have confidence in our d to get at him all day long...

They will score though, and probably more than we allowed cal to get. So UW is going to have to find some offense somewhere. It shouldnt be hard. The buffs give up more than anyone other than Cal. We should be able to score enough to win in spite of Smiths play calling.

It's still early in the week but the one major concern I have is injuries. Did anyone notice if Peters came back in the game vs ASU? I wasnt really paying attention between shots...

I got UW getting back to their winning ways. Thanks Colorado!

UW 31
buffs 19

So you say all CU fans here in Boulder are fair weather fans? Well shit since it's gonna be so nice here on Saturday maybe nobody will show up for the game?:noidea:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy sporting tOSU. :pound: