• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Utah vs Utah State thread

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You open against Nichols state.

shhhhhhhh...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if we come away from Nicholls State 30-26 i wont be thumping my chest.

lol It's the first game of the year man and they beat a top 25 team last season, a team that beat them last season and their in state rival.

If you clowns in duckberg beat the Beavers on opening weekend you WOULD be thumping your chest.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol It's the first game of the year man and they beat a top 25 team last season, a team that beat them last season and their in state rival.

If you clowns in duckberg beat the Beavers on opening weekend you WOULD be thumping your chest.

believe it or not Oregon State is no Utah State, they are better. Utah State was a top 25 team last year, congrats who the Hell did they beat to earn top 25?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was my team, and we just escaped a game against Utah State AT HOME and im entering conference play with the likes of UCLA, Arizona State, Arizona, USC, Stanford AND Oregon. I'd be thinking, "shit"

OD, what the hell. Just look at that so-called Pac 12 gauntlet of teams has done the last times they played MWC teams. UCLA will have their hands full with Nevada. The team that Arizona need a miricle to beat 49-48 the very last game they played. Arizona State doesn't want to talk about their last MWC opponent (12 yds rushing and 30+ point loss). USC just beat the worst MWC team by 17 points??? Stanford beat SJSU by 3 last year. Trust me they would take the 30-26 win this year and be clicking their heels.

Your Ducks have been damn good the last several years no one disputes that. But their is not a big enough gap between the MWC and the Pac for you to be so disrspectful.

Oh, and Ute congratulations on a solid win against a good USU team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe it or not Oregon State is no Utah State, they are better. Utah State was a top 25 team last year, congrats who the Hell did they beat to earn top 25?

Well they beat Utah, a team expected to compete for the pac12 south, they beat #19 Louisana tech on the road, their only 2 losses came to a ranked Wisconsin team and a strong BYU squad. Both road losses and by a combined total of 5pts. Utah State EARNED their ranking.

You ducks are arrogant as hell. Why? You won your first rosebowl since what the 1800's?

He's a fan. Opening weekend. Beats their in state rival, former top 25 team, revenge victory. He has a right to thump his chest!!! And everyone here knows if the situation were reversed with duckberg you all would be thumping yours.

Your opinion of the beavers is just that, your opinion. They may well be better than Utah State but its not by much.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Gary Anderson couldn't get Keeton to graduate this spring and transfer to Wisconsin :)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Yes, congrats Utah on beating Utah State, a team that has only had a winning season 2 straight years after about 40 decades of irrelevance. oh and they were breaking in a new head coach. CONGRATS UTES!!! PAC-12 SOUTH CHAMPS FOR SURE!!!! Fear the Utes!!!

Great job Utah, so proud. :clap:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Yes, congrats Utah on beating Utah State, a team that has only had a winning season 2 straight years after about 40 decades of irrelevance. oh and they were breaking in a new head coach. CONGRATS UTES!!! PAC-12 SOUTH CHAMPS FOR SURE!!!! Fear the Utes!!!

Utah Utes 1-0 Harry Reid and the 40 years of irrelevance Utah State 0-1.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow! You are close to making me go there. Don't want to, prefer the classy high road, but close. Humble up a bit before you are verbally bitch slaped into humble submission...just sayin.
:doh:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! You are close to making me go there. Don't want to, prefer the classy high road, but close. Humble up a bit before you are verbally bitch slaped into humble submission...just sayin.
:doh:

Sorry don't understand. How in the world can one walk away from their game against a mid major like Utah State (this isn't Boise State) so don't get your blue turf ass all riled up. If it were Boise it would be a different story and a very good win for Utah. But this was Utah State, with a brand new head coach AT HOME and you barely BARELY scrape by. Again, I don't know how you walk away from that game with confidence you are going to have a great season, especially with that conference schedule lined up, Oregon AND Stanford.

Utes have a long way to go, I thought they were closer to competing than they really are.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, not to mention their QB absolutely embarrassed your defense, and you play in a conference with a ton of talent at the QB position, with plenty mobile ones like Keeton.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry don't understand. How in the world can one walk away from their game against a mid major like Utah State (this isn't Boise State) so don't get your blue turf ass all riled up. If it were Boise it would be a different story and a very good win for Utah. But this was Utah State, with a brand new head coach AT HOME and you barely BARELY scrape by. Again, I don't know how you walk away from that game with confidence you are going to have a great season, especially with that conference schedule lined up, Oregon AND Stanford.

Utes have a long way to go, I thought they were closer to competing than they really are.

Here is what this is...You have probably the 4th best MWC team (finished last season top 25 ranked) playing the probably 8th best Pac 12 school (not even on the top 60 radar) in a close game. You throw out terms like "mid major" in a condiscending way, soley to bolster the power of your conference competition. I say BULLSHIT!

GET OFF YOUR FEATHERED SOAPBOX. Been there, done that....you're not as tough as you think.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD full of shit and lacking proper perspective on teams.

Who would have guessed it?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what this is...You have probably the 4th best MWC team (finished last season top 25 ranked) playing the probably 8th best Pac 12 school (not even on the top 60 radar) in a close game. You throw out terms like "mid major" in a condiscending way, soley to bolster the power of your conference competition. I say BULLSHIT!

GET OFF YOUR FEATHERED SOAPBOX. Been there, done that....you're not as tough as you think.

Utah States magical season was LAST YEAR. This ain't 2012, Utah State lost their coach and admittedly I don't know squat about Utah State's returning roster, but cant imagine they returned everyone from last years success run. Also, this is Utah's 3rd season in the PAC, they should be getting progressively better as they make this move up into a BCS conference.

Right now, I am shameful of Utah and Colorado joining this conference, if it makes you feel better I wish we had Boise join instead.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah States magical season was LAST YEAR. This ain't 2012, Utah State lost their coach and admittedly I don't know squat about Utah State's returning roster, but cant imagine they returned everyone from last years success run. Also, this is Utah's 3rd season in the PAC, they should be getting progressively better as they make this move up into a BCS conference.

Right now, I am shameful of Utah and Colorado joining this conference, if it makes you feel better I wish we had Boise join instead.

:L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you actually watch that whole game, or are you just blowing things out of your ass (as usual)? I know you were posting during the game, but were you watching it?

That QB from Utah State was very very good. He could be a starter on most AQ teams without a doubt. His ability to think under pressure and make plays out of broken protection was very impressive. You can say Utah should have been able to tackle him when they got to him, but that kid was just off the hook.

From a more objective standpoint Utah's pass coverage was way too soft and that should be a point of concern, but give credit to where credit is due. Mid-major or not they have a few special athletes and this was a rivalry game. Teams rise to those.

I did have to chuckle when you said
Utah States magical season was LAST YEAR. This ain't 2012, Utah State lost their coach
as if that means having a new coach automatically makes you take a step back, but then you assure us Oregon is going undefeated and winning the national title with a first year HC. :laugh3: :lol: :yahoo:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different when a new coach takes over at a mid level program than at Oregon who has been Chips right hand man for several years. And returns just about all key players.