• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UT vs WVU game thread

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to be the first one to start this thread ahead of all of the other traffic on our board...

It all starts at 3:30.

I'll tie in the annual tradition of prediction thread into this one... since I couldn't find the prediction thread...

WVU 52
UT 24

I wish I was in Charlotte...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in Charlotte. Looked like 5 times as many WVU fans as Tennessee fans. Gold and blue everywhere around town.

Alumni tailgate then sec 518 row 6. Give me a SportsHoopla cheer f you see me. Ps the guy in the avatar is not Tom cruise.

We see what we have today.

WVU 27 tn 20.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting at home, watching with my wife. May hit the bar for the game if she's feeling better.

WVU makes a statement. 38-17

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-0

Simmons (who?) goes the distance. I don't even know who the kid is but that was a nice play.

Hopefully we can get some good DB play.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey is hereby renamed "Bass Drum", due to the fact that he's been beaten all day.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU left 21 points on the field. That sound right?

They beat the shit out of a UT team with a ton more talent on both sides of the ball.

Our DL is fucking nasty.

IMO, Gibby let UT play pitch and catch. Just like the old BE days when he played offenses that couldn’t do shit.

This year gonna be special...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey is hereby renamed "Bass Drum", due to the fact that he's been beaten all day.

Weakest link on Defense..besides 46 on the field

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game, WVU! could this finally be the year?? :-)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weakest link on Defense..besides 46 on the field

Did Bailey give up a big play yesterday? Looked like he was told to keep the play in front of him?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Bailey give up a big play yesterday? Looked like he was told to keep the play in front of him?

Well. If that was the plan. I didn’t see it often

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched the game. Bailey missed a few open field tackles. And, it was clear to me... he was playing Cover 3 the entire game. Prior to every snap... he started taking his deep drop.

Obviously, it was part of our defensive game plan. Obviously, UT’s OC... who was sitting in the booth... saw it was going to be easy to get some pitch and catch plays.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched the game. Bailey missed a few open field tackles. And, it was clear to me... he was playing Cover 3 the entire game. Prior to every snap... he started taking his deep drop.

Obviously, it was part of our defensive game plan. Obviously, UT’s OC... who was sitting in the booth... saw it was going to be easy to get some pitch and catch plays.

Its just tough to watch after seeing what Norwood brought to the game yesterday...REALLY like his game...when's the last time they had a corner that can hit like a LB?...the kid is clearly looking to make contact out there..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lookin game 1 all n all.

Both teams were looking to make a statement in different ways. UT has some talent and heart, gonna be interesting how their season unfolds, I hope they do well.

I absolutely loved seeing those TE's being used to convert 1st downs! This offense is good but if that keeps up (and I think it will) it will be something that we haven't seen to date and on another level kind of good.

GREAT stats for Will vs a vaunted SEC defense (hey according to the media they ALL are awesome no?), we keep using those TE's and running the ball...I'm going to get VERY optimistic about WVU seeing it's first Heisman trophy if not some bigger/better landmark achievements.

Defense was nasty at times then went back to the same ol same ol soft arse excuse at times, that has to change and here's hoping Gibby and co. do some serious teaching this week and the guys lock in and don't read their press clippings this week..

Planning on seeing it live and in color this weekend vs Youngstown State as we honor the '88 team . I can't wait to see them again as well :suds:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lookin game 1 all n all.

Both teams were looking to make a statement in different ways. UT has some talent and heart, gonna be interesting how their season unfolds, I hope they do well.

I absolutely loved seeing those TE's being used to convert 1st downs! This offense is good but if that keeps up (and I think it will) it will be something that we haven't seen to date and on another level kind of good.

GREAT stats for Will vs a vaunted SEC defense (hey according to the media they ALL are awesome no?), we keep using those TE's and running the ball...I'm going to get VERY optimistic about WVU seeing it's first Heisman trophy if not some bigger/better landmark achievements.

Defense was nasty at times then went back to the same ol same ol soft arse excuse at times, that has to change and here's hoping Gibby and co. do some serious teaching this week and the guys lock in and don't read their press clippings this week..

Planning on seeing it live and in color this weekend vs Youngstown State as we honor the '88 team . I can't wait to see them again as well :suds:
I think the defense going soft was largely fatigue. First game in hot, humid weather. Thankfully we have some depth on DL.