• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: USC Trojans vs 7)Stanford Cardinal 8PM EST ABC

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it matters a great deal how you handle it. It's actually the most important factor.

USC denied any wrong doing is why you got screwed.
USC fans just have a persecution complex, nothing they do could possibly be wrong, after all...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans just have a persecution complex, nothing they do could possibly be wrong, after all...

Everyone knows the NCAA stands for "National Conspiracy Against Alabama", so I don't know why they are crying.

But seriously, Alabama learned these things the hard way. Gene Stallings told the NCAA to go fuck itself - not the smartest move.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it matters a great deal how you handle it. It's actually the most important factor.

You're right .USC denied wrong doing, and after five years of investigating they found one player who got benefit from some guys who werent coaches or boosters or had anything to do with USC. So USC was correct that they had no hand in doing it. But that POS who ran the NCAA and who was running Miami at the time hundreds of violations were going on with a booster and players wanted to nail USC regardless. It's now a fact given the e mails the NCAA was trying to hide came out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right .USC denied wrong doing, and after five years of investigating they found one player who got benefit from some guys who werent coaches or boosters or had anything to do with USC. So USC was correct that they had no hand in doing it. But that POS who ran the NCAA and who was running Miami at the time hundreds of violations were going on with a booster and players wanted to nail USC regardless. It's now a fact given the e mails the NCAA was trying to hide came out.

You understand the concept of institutional control right?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You understand the concept of institutional control right?

Yeah I do. But when you investigate for five years and all you find is one player who got benifits from people who had nothing to do with the school then how is that lacking in control? When you had thousands with fake classes at UNC, a coach lying to the NCAA at TOSU so the players could play in a bowl game, over 75 players getting benifits at Miami, coaches paying a guy for access to high school players at Oregon and none of those where somehow lacking institutional control. Not saying everything was done correctly. Obviously USC should have had more people in the compliance dept. Obviously there were other minor violations but if one player getting benefits from people who are actually trying to get him to leave the school is a huge deal then why isn't a player getting benefits from boosters something more serious?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I do. But when you investigate for five years and all you find is one player who got benifits from people who had nothig to do with the school then how is that lacking in control? When you had thousands with fake classes at UNC, a coach lieing to the NCAA at TOSU, over 75 players getting benifits at Miami, coaches paying a guy for access to high school players at Oregon and none of those where somehow lacking institutional control.

Were they investigating more than 1 player to start with?

The lack of institutional control was because your staff either: a) Failed to properly monitor things and find out about the infractions or b) knew about the infractions and covered it up/lied about it.

And at no time during 5 years for the investigation did USC ever uncover these things themselves?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted USC to win, and I still feel the same.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows the NCAA stands for "National Conspiracy Against Alabama", so I don't know why they are crying.

But seriously, Alabama learned these things the hard way. Gene Stallings told the NCAA to go fuck itself - not the smartest move.

The sanctions didn't hurt Alabama, you guys hired the best coach in the country then fucked it up. Not the NCAA.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right Im still not confident with SC's offense. Or containing McCaffery

I'm not sure Stanford has a Plan B is USC can contain Christian. Idk - I just think the Trojans win this one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sanctions didn't hurt Alabama, you guys hired the best coach in the country then fucked it up. Not the NCAA.

Huh?

Gene Stallings was our coach from like 1989 to 1996.

And then there was the Albert Means stuff under Dubose that lead to the dark ages.

The Textbook stuff was bullshit, but at least it was only vacated wins.

Not even sure what you are talking about. Nick Saban wouldn't have stepped foot @ Alabama during the early 2000's. There is a reason we had Mike Shula as a coach for those years.

It's funny that people forget freaking Rich Rod turned us down - and if he hadn't, we wouldn't even have Saban today.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you guys would've been NC in 2003 had you guys not fucked up with the great Mike Price. NCAA sanctions be damned.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

Gene Stallings was our coach from like 1989 to 1996.

And then there was the Albert Means stuff under Dubose that lead to the dark ages.

The Textbook stuff was bullshit, but at least it was only vacated wins.

Not even sure what you are talking about. Nick Saban wouldn't have stepped foot @ Alabama during the early 2000's. There is a reason we had Mike Shula as a coach for those years.

It's funny that people forget freaking Rich Rod turned us down - and if he hadn't, we wouldn't even have Saban today.

Agreed - Rich Rod do die to coach us today. The low point for me was when our coach got poached by A&M, I still don't like them or Franchione.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - Rich Rod do die to coach us today. The low point for me was when our coach got poached by A&M, I still don't like them or Franchione.

1 good reason to have a soft spot for Oklahoma:

11l0tv7.0.jpg

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they investigating more than 1 player to start with?

The lack of institutional control was because your staff either: a) Failed to properly monitor things and find out about the infractions or b) knew about the infractions and covered it up/lied about it.

And at no time during 5 years for the investigation did USC ever uncover these things themselves?

I will just say this, it will all come out, when coach McNair wins his case, all the e-mail from the NZZA

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 good reason to have a soft spot for Oklahoma:

11l0tv7.0.jpg

Priceless.

The lowest point in my life when Alabama was bad, (I'm 30) was when we lost to La Tech, and Dustin MaClintock (sp) punched out a player on LA Tech out of frustration.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priceless.

The lowest point in my life when Alabama was bad, (I'm 30) was when we lost to La Tech, and Dustin MaClintock (sp) punched out a player on LA Tech out of frustration.

After Mike Price, the only thing I wanted from Shula was to not embarrass us or get us in my trouble with the NCAA.

I was pretty sad when Curry left, but I was young and pretty stupid. Felt to me at the time like we were on the verge of being great and then he bolts off to Kentucky. Back before the internet and didn't get the real reasons things happened back then.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Mike Price, the only thing I wanted from Shula was to not embarrass us or get us in my trouble with the NCAA.

I was pretty sad when Curry left, but I was young and pretty stupid. Felt to me at the time like we were on the verge of being great and then he bolts off to Kentucky. Back before the internet and didn't get the real reasons things happened back then.

Yeah - Curry was before my time, but I've heard that Alabama fans didn't do well with him as coach. My Dad is from Montgomery, and so he's got some crazy stories, especially since we Montgomery is big time Auburn country. We actually just recruited a 5 star from my Dad's high school (G.W. Carver).

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, our arrogant ass of an AD, Mike Garrett, was responsible for the entire fiasco. Had Bush been suspended immediately when the story broke about his dad's relationships with the agents, and Garrett cooperated with the NCAA, at worst we would have had a few scholarships taken. But nope, that jackass had to thumb his nose at the NCAA and get into a pissing contest he was destined to lose.