• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA vs. Italy-International Friendly

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U.S. Soccer -- U.S. win over Italy will build confidence -- Jeff Carlisle - ESPN
Fuck these grades!

Howard should get-8

Dempsey-8

Bradley-8

Edu-7

Shea-5

Fabian Johnson-5.5

Spector-6

Altidore-6

Cherundolo-5.5

Bocanegra-6

Really? A 5.5 for Johnson? He kept the attack going down the left side even when Shea would fuck it all up, defended back well, and sent in that beautiful cross to Altidore. More like 8.

5.5 for Cherundolo??? Nothing got down the right flank and he challenged the outside backs constantly. Try a 7.5

6 for Jozy??? Yeah his first half wasn't his best but he earned free kicks in dangerous spots and played the target forward position to a tee. Not to mention the sublime trap, hold up, and layoff to Dempsey that resulted in the goal. More like 7.5.

A 6 for Spector? He was a life saver when he came in. How many shots did he block that saved the win? He earned at least a 7.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? A 5.5 for Johnson? He kept the attack going down the left side even when Shea would fuck it all up, defended back well, and sent in that beautiful cross to Altidore. More like 8.

He deserved slightly better. I forgot that he sent in that ball to Jozy. His defense was not that great however.

5.5 for Cherundolo
??? Nothing got down the right flank and he challenged the outside backs constantly. Try a 7.5

The defense was getting burned all game by Giovinci. There was no communication in the first half. Is that Cherundolo's fault? Maybe not but IMO he is the leader of the Defense

6 for Jozy??? Yeah his first half wasn't his best but he earned free kicks in dangerous spots and played the target forward position to a tee. Not to mention the sublime trap, hold up, and layoff to Dempsey that resulted in the goal. More like 7.5.

Jozy did not deserve higher than this. He has the talent to be a lot better but just didn't show it this game. He finally rose up the 2nd half and used his body to fight for the ball instead of begging for fouls.

A 6 for Spector?
He was a life saver when he came in. How many shots did he block that saved the win? He earned at least a 7.

Point is he came off the bench. He played great this game, probably the best defender along with Steve...however a 6/10 still seems fine.

Not saying "YOU'RE WRONG AND KNOW NOTHING OF SOCCER!!!!"
Just explaining my grades

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool. We can agree to disagree slightly.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is if Jozy is Absolutely going off for his club like he is, why does klinnsman not put a system in place for him to be a goal scorer rather than forcing him to play the hold up position? Jozy likes to get the ball in small spaces and slashing runs. From what I've seen of him this season in Europe his composure in the box is greatly improved. He and Dempsey should be equal goal scoring threats.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is if Jozy is Absolutely going off for his club like he is, why does klinnsman not put a system in place for him to be a goal scorer rather than forcing him to play the hold up position? Jozy likes to get the ball in small spaces and slashing runs. From what I've seen of him this season in Europe his composure in the box is greatly improved. He and Dempsey should be equal goal scoring threats.

Who would you put up top with him? Dempsey? Bradley is alright, but our center midfield is terribly exposed when Clint isn't there

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you put up top with him? Dempsey? Bradley is alright, but our center midfield is terribly exposed when Clint isn't there

Part of the problem is Juergen hasn't been able get Donovan and Dempsey on the pitch together. Let Dempsey play an attacking mid or recessed striker position right underneath Jozy so he's not playing a true solitary holdup forward. Dempsey can still be pulling the strings with Donovan and Bradley playing around and underneath him. Edu or jones can play a cdm position and Cherundolo and Johnson or chandler are very good at providing attack down the wings from the outside back position.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is Juergen hasn't been able get Donovan and Dempsey on the pitch together. Let Dempsey play an attacking mid or recessed striker position right underneath Jozy so he's not playing a true solitary holdup forward. Dempsey can still be pulling the strings with Donovan and Bradley playing around and underneath him. Edu or jones can play a cdm position and Cherundolo and Johnson or chandler are very good at providing attack down the wings from the outside back position.

I'm not a huge Donovan fan, and would rather have Deuce running center mid more so then Landon. I don't think Deuce get's the ball on his foot enough when he is running as a 2nd forward as opposed to CM. I have trouble setting a line up with Donovan in it, because as much as you want (and probably need) him on the field, I don't think CM is his spot anymore.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to tell what could happen though because Donovan hasn't played with this club in forever. Break Shea is nowhere close to him. I'd be fine with Dempsey continuing to play forward with Jozy. I just don't know how Jurrgen will use Jozy to his best talents. Hopefully he finds a way

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Donovan fan, and would rather have Deuce running center mid more so then Landon. I don't think Deuce get's the ball on his foot enough when he is running as a 2nd forward as opposed to CM. I have trouble setting a line up with Donovan in it, because as much as you want (and probably need) him on the field, I don't think CM is his spot anymore.

Donovan is an outstanding winger, but not a traditional one. He needs to be in a system where he makes slashing runs forward and inside. I think deuce would get the ball more then you think as an attacking mid than true forward.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Romeo...good stuff there. Thing about the formation is......even with Altidore in form, isn't Dempsey still a much better scorer? Having Jozy hold the ball up, then let the three talented players (in a 4-2-3-1) behind him do more of the attacking, seems like the standard scenario......with occasional alterations when possible to allow his newfound presence in the box to be exploited once in a while.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray that one day Jozy will come to form. Hopefully by the World Cup qualifiers:L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo...good stuff there. Thing about the formation is......even with Altidore in form, isn't Dempsey still a much better scorer? Having Jozy hold the ball up, then let the three talented players (in a 4-2-3-1) behind him do more of the attacking, seems like the standard scenario......with occasional alterations when possible to allow his newfound presence in the box to be exploited once in a while.

Well I think he's scored over ten goals for his Dutch club this season. I think he's more than capable of scoring goals if he's in the right system.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news our U-23's suck