• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US patent office cancels Redskins trademark registration

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie, no one has said you can't have your opinion on this issue, but this determination on your part to be 'right' is getting a bit much. Time to move on I think.

First, I appreciate all who have said that they respect my opinion, because I've never done anything to not support theirs. It is just another topic for discussion and WILL play itself out as do most topics when there is no more to say about it. Take a look at who posted the threads, you will see that I did not initiate them, just participated.

I did a quick search and could not find a prior/historical use of this statement, so it is an original (I hope) anyone is free to use it as they deem fit. The statement: One does not have to be determined to be right....when he already is!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or..............Maybe, they, just like the organization deemed it proper to profit from proper and improper names stolen from or relegated to defenseless others.

And.............Maybe unlike some they can no longer live with what they have done.

yeah right about the time the PC police told them too . i dont buy any of that malarkey one single bit .

and i cant believe you are trying to sell me that garbage

they flap their collective gums now because they PC police told them so all of those players were around when this 1st came about and they didnt lose a nights sleep over it

now we will see what current players come out against the name . i would have way more respect for them , then the charlatans before them

so say what you want i flat out do not believe their motives one iota . and who are you trying to convince here ? me

i dont think GPM stole the redskins name from the native americans . i doubt he fought in any war against native americans . its a football team name not a war of conquest .

the washington redskins football team did not put one native american on a reservation . they didnt take one drop of food or water of a native american's table . they did not deny one native american an education or a right to say what they feel . its a football team name . that is it , no different then the saints or vikings when it comes to being offensive

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah right about the time the PC police told them too . i dont buy any of that malarkey one single bit .

and i cant believe you are trying to sell me that garbage

they flap their collective gums now because they PC police told them so all of those players were around when this 1st came about and they didnt lose a nights sleep over it

now we will see what current players come out against the name . i would have way more respect for them , then the charlatans before them

so say what you want i flat out do not believe their motives one iota . and who are you trying to convince here ? me

i dont think GPM stole the redskins name from the native americans . i doubt he fought in any war against native americans . its a football team name not a war of conquest .

the washington redskins football team did not put one native american on a reservation . they didnt take one drop of food or water of a native american's table . they did not deny one native american an education or a right to say what they feel . its a football team name . that is it , no different then the saints or vikings when it comes to being offensive

...........But...but....er...ahem.....isn't it PC to use the term PC??

On your last point, You nor I ever fought during expansion called manifest destiny, the Revolutionary war, war of 1812 nor civil war, yet here we are benefiting from the fruits of conquest. You more likely to a greater extent than I. Maybe you were attempting to make some other point??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...........But...but....er...ahem.....isn't it PC to use the term PC??

On your last point, You nor I ever fought during expansion called manifest destiny, the Revolutionary war, war of 1812 nor civil war, yet here we are benefiting from the fruits of conquest. You more likely to a greater extent than I. Maybe you were attempting to make some other point??

for the love of god stymie EVERY civilization on the face of the earth conquered someone somewhere to benefit themselves . you cant find a civilization anywhere that hasnt . and if then mexican war or the native american wars had ended any differently then the victors would have reaped the bennies

the washington redskins are a football team . they play a game . govt's conquer , and abuse or not abuse big difference

the plight of native americans is the fault of govt's not football teams . and asking me to apologize for the sins of others is unfair .

the only reason a politician is involved in this is because their own govt policies are failing and they are looking for a symbolic gesture . because they remained silent too when they could have said something too

they have had 120 years to ease the plight of the native american and have done nothing

lastly the owner of this team is a member of a race that has been persecuted almost from the day the formed nearly 5000 yrs ago . i think he knows all about it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the love of god stymie EVERY civilization on the face of the earth conquered someone somewhere to benefit themselves . you cant find a civilization anywhere that hasnt . and if then mexican war or the native american wars had ended any differently then the victors would have reaped the bennies

the washington redskins are a football team . they play a game . govt's conquer , and abuse or not abuse big difference

the plight of native americans is the fault of govt's not football teams . and asking me to apologize for the sins of others is unfair .

the only reason a politician is involved in this is because their own govt policies are failing and they are looking for a symbolic gesture . because they remained silent too when they could have said something too

they have had 120 years to ease the plight of the native american and have done nothing

lastly the owner of this team is a member of a race that has been persecuted almost from the day the formed nearly 5000 yrs ago . i think he knows all about it

To be absolutely fair to you.....I'll wait for both your historical retractions and any corrections to your socio-political conclusions before I respond to this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has devolved

That is all.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid proof this is an issue that is being perpetuated by people with a political and/or financial agenda. F'ers.
. Your 100 percent right I spurrier was right stymie 100 percent wrong

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie is not right or wrong, he has an opinion just like the rest of this. What is becoming increasingly clear is this has been fueled by the media, politicians and social media. We talked before about how some only put out the information they want you to hear. I have studied native american history since I was 12, I am sure I am not a racist and I too am entitled to an opinion and my opinion is I think the teams name and logo are something positve about native Americans.

I think Dan and Bruce taking a quieter approach is also the smartest approach. Let those who want the name change make themselves look foolish in lie telling and truth stretching. HAIL to the Redskins.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie is not right or wrong, he has an opinion just like the rest of this. What is becoming increasingly clear is this has been fueled by the media, politicians and social media. We talked before about how some only put out the information they want you to hear. I have studied native american history since I was 12, I am sure I am not a racist and I too am entitled to an opinion and my opinion is I think the teams name and logo are something positve about native Americans.

I think Dan and Bruce taking a quieter approach is also the smartest approach. Let those who want the name change make themselves look foolish in lie telling and truth stretching. HAIL to the Redskins.

100% agree, including the point that stymie has a right to his own opinion.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have been arguing with stymie since the beginning of this thread (too the point of hijacking it ) and i can tell you he isnt wrong either . he has an opinion and he has held up his point of view very well indeed .

there is no need to say he is wrong about anything :suds:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree sytmie made some great points probaly the best debater on this board. I was just being dumb when I said that. but it is coming more clear that this name change is poltical driven and'im not sure yet I'm still investagateing' if this outrage over skins'name'was manufactored