• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty disgusting.

Says the fella that wished cancer on someone's kid.

And I'm not defending Meyer (in no way do I condone domestic violence of any kind) but you're just about the last person on this site that should call someone disgusting.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is -- if Urban Meyer wasn't a good coach, he'd be fired by tomorrow and no one would be justifying this. Disgusting.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the fella that wished cancer on someone's kid.

And I'm not defending Meyer (in no way do I condone domestic violence of any kind) but you're just about the last person on this site that should call someone disgusting.
Sure I can. Because what I did was disgusting; just like this.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't necessarily true. See the Tittle IX tweet I posted earlier. People in his position, as heads of NCAA programs and at public universities do, in fact, have a duty to report these things.
As a school prinicpal and superintendent, I can assure you when the possibility of "wrong doing" was brought to my attention, I was required to check it out thoroughly and provide a report of my findings to those that I answered to. Even if I checked them out and there was no substance to the allegation, or not enough information to support the allegation, I was still required to report such. Not checking it out at all or not giving it due diligence were grounds for terminating me. In fact, I was more likely to get fired for not giving it due diligence than I was if I came to the wrong conclusion, i.e. not enough evidence to win in a due process hearing and/or court. At least I checked it out and reported it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were multiple incidents over a period of years. It was consistent abuse, not a single instance. If cops were called once, that doesn't account for the countless abuses over the years -- all of which Urban knew about and did nothing; and then boldly lied about.
And the cops were called. What more should Meyer have done? Correct me if I am wrong, but he didnt witness any abuse, he didnt have any information other than what came from his wife and all would have been passed to police when they were called.
I believe he did lie to the media, which I dont really care about.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morality of this aside, what does Urban gain by lying last week?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe go with an interim, try to lure Herman back after the season.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he was probably really busy still covering for Aaron Hernandez

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the cops were called. What more should Meyer have done? Correct me if I am wrong, but he didnt witness any abuse, he didnt have any information other than what came from his wife and all would have been passed to police when they were called.
I believe he did lie to the media, which I dont really care about.
It doesn't really matter. See the post above. Public employees like this have a duty to report ANY allegation like this, especially with the damning evidence. It doesn't matter if the police were called once, or every time. There has to be documented evidence of reporting and the University likely would have done their own investigation. As we've seen plenty of times, Universities will often fire or kick a student out of school even if there wasn't a conviction, but enough reasonable evidence.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty disgusting. You want to keep someone who's covered up serious domestic violence allegations just because you want the team you follow to beat them in a game.

You see this is a college football forum and Michigan/ohio state is the best and most important rivalry in all sports. Lately, ohio state has beaten us like we were Zac Smith's wife. I want and need revenge, I don't care about someone's personal life. It's probably not the first time he's beaten her and she stayed with him, thus enabling the action. Who cares!! We keep getting beat by a white coach named Urban (his name should be suburban). Revenge, not whining!!!

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF...IF anything happens it will take a long time. There will need to be an internal investigation by the Title IX compliance department, Athletic Dept, and possibly local authorities. Unless more details emerge that are condemning for Meyer I think those who want him fired will be greatly disappointed in the end.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see this is a college football forum and Michigan/ohio state is the best and most important rivalry in all sports. Lately, ohio state has beaten us like we were Zac Smith's wife. I want and need revenge, I don't care about someone's personal life. It's probably not the first time he's beaten her and she stayed with him, thus enabling the action. Who cares!! We keep getting beat by a white coach named Urban (his name should be suburban). Revenge, not whining!!!
We can beat OSU with or without Meyer in charge and it will feel good either way because OSU fans will be sad and we will be happy.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he survive this?...

If he was honest and up front, there’s a slim possibility he could have spun it that he’s hoped the guy would get counseling or allow the guy some level of redemption, but in today’s political climate, not likely.

The fact that he denied having any knowledge, however, appears to be an outright lie.

So, probably not.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty until proven innocent
Not quite but it nearly seems that way nowadays....but only with certain topics.

However, it it totally that way with auditors. If it ain't on paper it didn't happen...even if it did happen.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really matter. See the post above. Public employees like this have a duty to report ANY allegation like this, especially with the damning evidence. It doesn't matter if the police were called once, or every time. There has to be documented evidence of reporting and the University likely would have done their own investigation. As we've seen plenty of times, Universities will often fire or kick a student out of school even if there wasn't a conviction, but enough reasonable evidence.
Yes, report to who? Did Meyer report to his superiors?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read any of this, I know it happened back in 2015....Did the coach get arrested when she called the Police?