• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated look at the draft

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we do not make a deal with what should be a top 3 pick things could essentially go one of 2 ways. I have become a big fan of 2 day three players...David Fales from San Jose St at QB and Antonio Andrews from Western Kentucky at RB. That said, here is how I think it could go

1 Jake Matthews OT TAMU or 1 Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
1 Mike Evans WR TAMU or 1 Mike Evans WR TAMU
2 Craig Loston S LSU or 2 Antonio Richardson OT Tenn
3 Jackson Jeffcoat OLB Texas or 3 Pierre Desir S/CB Lindenwood

The last 4 rounds would be the same either way
4. Anthony Johnson DT LSU
5. David Fales QB SJST
6. Antonio Andrews RB W. Kentucky
7. Marquis Flowers S Arizona
7. Jon Halapio OG Florida

Obviously, alot is going to depend on where Washingtons' pick ends up. If, for some reason, they win their last 2 and that pick drops to about 6 then you go Watkins at 6 and OT with the 2nd pick in round 1..
MAN...I love this stuff.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to see Clowney drop into our laps. The separation between the talent at OL is marginal, and we could fill that need later. Our DL with Clowney in the mix would cover a lot of shortcomings in our secondary. Can you imagine a 3rd down where the offense has to face the likes of Clowney, Quinn, and Long on the field at the same time! But then I've always preferred strong defense to strong offense.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
man.. to think we could grab Jake Mathews, Mike Evans and Jeffcoat... good Lord that would be insane. Jackson Jeffcoat is really really good. If Fisher picks him later than the first then we just got a huge steal. He has first round talent ALL over him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sooner. We are in a position to get more talent and essentially duplicate the Hershel Walker trade that Jimmy Johnson pulled off and ended up with three rings because of it. I hoping the same outcome occurs with the RGIII trade if we don't eff this one up, we could end up with some major talent-again!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is how they pick will be dictated by WHERE we pick. Clowney has a motivation problem. This is why he is dropping. I honestly want Barr more than I want Clowney at this point. And I also disagree with your thoughts on how adding Clowney would make up for deficiencies in the secondary. Um, if you build a line on rushing the passer, teams run the ball (see Murray,Demarco or Johnson,Chris). We do not need a 3rd DE. We have 2 very solid DE that can spell Quinn and Long for 5 to 10 plays a game. We need a run stuffing DT to put along side Brockers AND 2 more DB's with star potential. I am telling you guys, do not sleep on Pierre Desir. I have watched almost every Lindenwood home game and dude is the REAL DEAL... hits well enough to be a Safety, covers well enough to be a CB...
One last thing, Jeffcoat seems to be dropping a bit because teams are not sure if he will be a DE or OLB in the NFL.. if we get him, he does both.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is how they pick will be dictated by WHERE we pick. Clowney has a motivation problem. This is why he is dropping. I honestly want Barr more than I want Clowney at this point. And I also disagree with your thoughts on how adding Clowney would make up for deficiencies in the secondary. Um, if you build a line on rushing the passer, teams run the ball (see Murray,Demarco or Johnson,Chris). We do not need a 3rd DE. We have 2 very solid DE that can spell Quinn and Long for 5 to 10 plays a game. We need a run stuffing DT to put along side Brockers AND 2 more DB's with star potential. I am telling you guys, do not sleep on Pierre Desir. I have watched almost every Lindenwood home game and dude is the REAL DEAL... hits well enough to be a Safety, covers well enough to be a CB...
One last thing, Jeffcoat seems to be dropping a bit because teams are not sure if he will be a DE or OLB in the NFL.. if we get him, he does both.

I agree, we have a greater need in the defensive backfield than on our Dline which is pretty good now, we don't need Clowney, plus I'm still wondering what the hell he was thinking driving over 100 mph, and how's a college kid have a Chrysler 300? There may be more issues with him than we know?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is a valid one that we really don't need to add to an already perceived strength in DL. But barring a trade out of the position, how do you pass on a player with so much potential? If you're going to rule him out because of certain "issues" then you might as well cut half the team, including Jenkins, who we took a huge gamble on. Every team in the league has players of questionable character.

I suspect that it will never happen though. The pick the Rams end up with will undoubtedly be parlayed into other multiple picks....picks that we will need some salary cap space to afford.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is a valid one that we really don't need to add to an already perceived strength in DL. But barring a trade out of the position, how do you pass on a player with so much potential? If you're going to rule him out because of certain "issues" then you might as well cut half the team, including Jenkins, who we took a huge gamble on. Every team in the league has players of questionable character.

I suspect that it will never happen though. The pick the Rams end up with will undoubtedly be parlayed into other multiple picks....picks that we will need some salary cap space to afford.

Yes his character issues are less of a concern than the fact that we don't need him. I agree with you that we need cap space, weather or not we get better depends a lot on Bradford, whether he improves on the field to make us better, or if he restructures his contract to make us better. The ideal situation is if "both" those things happen!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see the Rams staying at #2. There are enough QB-needy teams that the Rams could pull off another RGknee type trade. Things could change the slot, like the Texans could potentially win in week 17 (Titans) and vault the Rams into the #1 pick, or Cousins could win a game or two for the Skins (Cowboys, Giants remaining) and drop the Rams a bit. Heck, the Texans could take Clowney #1.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pray the skins keep losing. picking second i think is the key to a big trade. I don't think it will be as big as the rg3 trade but still nice. something to think about too, we did the trade with the falcons last year because Snead knows them. ATL should be picking around 6 they would probably love to trade up for Clowney.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 27mtrcougar. You appear to be new here. I am a mod here. Why don't you let me know where you came from and I'll get you caught up on some info you need to know.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 27mtrcougar. You appear to be new here. I am a mod here. Why don't you let me know where you came from and I'll get you caught up on some info you need to know.

I'm from the espn boards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 27mtrcougar. This post is for you. Welcome to the Rampages. I am a moderator here. If you have any questions you know where to find me. There is plenty here for your enjoyment.

Vitamike has a thread going on with avatar assignments during the season. Scroll down a ways in the forum and you'll see it under the title: "mutigers1 fan avi assignments". It is self explanatory. There are also threads with plenty of Rams vids both past and present.

Once you get past the 25 post mark, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found under the "UserCP" menu bar at the top of this page on the left.

We are a passionate group as are most fans on these pages and Sportshoopla is THE site for sports talk on the planet!! I run a fairly flexible ship here but I do have few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure you are not unless otherwise proven) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not unless otherwise proven). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. Scantly clad ladies in your avi's is now also unacceptable. Just stick with a sports-related theme to the avi's and you'll be just fine.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!! We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous. If you want to get nasty, there is a section at the bottom of the home page called the penalty box. That is where you go for that type of exchange.

You can argue all you want and you can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, there is a rule that is SportsHoopla-wide. The owner, HammerDown does not tolerate the use of Alt's or alternate accounts and neither do I. First offense-GONE! Do I make myself clear? If so, acknowledge that you read this post with a response post. Thank-you.

Once again, welcome to the Rampages, enjoy yourself, and jump right in on discussing our beloved Rams!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it thanks! I have the same name as when I was on espn boards I see some of the same names like shopson.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cougar

It's good to see you found your way over here.

This is a really solid board with several old ESPN posters ( Shop, Zeke, Rambunctious, etc ).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cougar

It's good to see you found your way over here.

This is a really solid board with several old ESPN posters ( Shop, Zeke, Rambunctious, etc ).

Thanks man! Good to see you guys for sure. We had some crazy times over there lol

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man! Good to see you guys for sure. We had some crazy times over there lol

That's for sure.

It was fun for quite a while until the last couple of years.

Hopefully this team can turn things around soon so we can have those good times back.