• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsung heroes and lone goat

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good this season. If the boys can avoid their yearly slump, the skys the limit. Richards, DB, Pronger and Kimmo are all doing their usual part. Who didn't think it was only a matter of time until Giroux had his coming out party? Bob has been a stud and is starting to get some real press. So who are the "little" guys that are making it happen?

Coburn - Playing in the season like he does in the playoffs. Had some ups and downs last year but is finally playing like we know he can. He is big and fast and is using size and speed. Stands up players at the line. Solid.

Meszaros and O'Donnell- Both are plus 10. Few points, but they are playing really well together and keeping the others time down. Last year we had the best 4th line and this year its the best 3rd d pairing.

Leino - leading the team with 12 A's. Should score 20 (not 25 Anderwho:rolleyes:). Who did not wonder if his great playoff run would carry into the season? The puck sticks to him like glue. The next to get locked up. I think Homer is think 2-3 year. Not sure yet what th price tag will be.

Powe - Only knows 1 speed and has been great on the PK. If he can keep the PMs down and chip in the occasional goal then he may play himself into another contract.

Betts - Solid, solid, solid team player. Great on PK and has shown some offense. Happy to see him on the ice up 1 at the end of a game.

The only real let down has been Jvr. He needs playing time, but I don't see Lavy shaking up the line up any time soon.

Discuss amongst yourselves

Last edited by a moderator:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 7 games for Nodl:

Goal
Goal
Game Winning Goal late in the 3rd
Assist
Assist
Assist

He deserves more credit than he's getting.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 7 games for Nodl:

Goal
Goal
Game Winning Goal late in the 3rd
Assist
Assist
Assist

He deserves more credit than he's getting.

How true. He had good offensive skills in College. When he 1st came up he was lost and had a high minus rating. Sent down and worked very hard on his defensive game. Took Jvrs spot and not ready to give it back.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i remember watching nodl in the boston series in the playoffs and thinking to myself how impressed i was with him. he's so reliable defensively and is finally finding his offensive game at the nhl level. i love having him in the lineup

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep i love nodl too.. i was talking to a buddy of mine last night and decided nodl is probably my 2nd favorite to giroux right now.. i love the hard-worker guys and he's been the best of them IMO

also completely agree w/ coburn, and that you have him listed first.. he might be our best d-man so far this year.. its like someone told him he's allowed to hit

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta get a new nameplate for my old Lupul jersey haha

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How true. He had good offensive skills in College. When he 1st came up he was lost and had a high minus rating. Sent down and worked very hard on his defensive game. Took Jvrs spot and not ready to give it back.

When Nodl came up the first time he was TERRIBLE. Made any shift he was on worse.

The Flyers called him up last year and I was going crazy! Why this guy? He's abysmal! He's horrible! He's...

Last edited by a moderator: