• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

unnacceptable

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agreed. richie can be a great captain. we all saw that in the 2010 playoffs. and the guy is a proven winner, hes won in juniors, hes won in the AHL, hes won in the olympics, and he was 2 wins away from winning in the NHL. they guy obviously has the "it" factor. he just needs to become the captain who brings it every night. i still like richie a lot. i think step 1 towards his development as a good captain was the firing of john stevens. i think step 2 is trading jeff carter. they are best friends and often times that type of situation on a team can cause 2 guys to negatively influence each other. and richie stays here over carts.

and also, you cant blame homer..on paper he has a cup caliber team. well maybe aside from goaltending..but still. its not his fault he has a 40 goal scorer who is disinterested, has a 2nd overall pick that isnt getting goals, has a captain whos still finding consistency, has a KHL transplant still trying to find his NHL game again. hes put the pieces here. lavy is coaching them well. its down the the players. we have the right bodies here..we just need the right mentality. 2010 was no fluke, that is what these guys are capable of..its just up to them to always play that way.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember having these same conversations last year. I for one even thought Richie should have lost the "C" and boy was I wrong.

Zherdev needs to stop trying to make the perfect move and just shoot. They talked about it last night that he is still playing a KHL style game.

The whole team seemed to get frustrated at the same time when the refs allowed of chippy stuff. This will happen on the road and they have to just get over it and keep playing. If nothing else, Hartnell at least had some passion last night.

I think Bouch had another stong game, but I would expect to see Bob tonight. As always,

Let's Go Flyers!!!!!

Isn't that the league where everyone is a pussy and afraid to get hit? That's how zherdev plays, Man between him and Shelly what a waste of money..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. richie can be a great captain. we all saw that in the 2010 playoffs. and the guy is a proven winner, hes won in juniors, hes won in the AHL, hes won in the olympics, and he was 2 wins away from winning in the NHL. they guy obviously has the "it" factor. he just needs to become the captain who brings it every night. i still like richie a lot. i think step 1 towards his development as a good captain was the firing of john stevens. i think step 2 is trading jeff carter. they are best friends and often times that type of situation on a team can cause 2 guys to negatively influence each other. and richie stays here over carts.

Carter would be first over Richie, no doubt. He is the captain and the face of this team.

Carter is a lazy, inconsistent shit who throws 'em wide and then gets credit when he finally beats the goalie on one of his 10,000 shots.

and also, you cant blame homer..on paper he has a cup caliber team. well maybe aside from goaltending..but still. its not his fault he has a 40 goal scorer who is disinterested, has a 2nd overall pick that isnt getting goals, has a captain whos still finding consistency, has a KHL transplant still trying to find his NHL game again. hes put the pieces here. lavy is coaching them well. its down the the players. we have the right bodies here..we just need the right mentality. 2010 was no fluke, that is what these guys are capable of..its just up to them to always play that way.

Yeah all those guys need to blend and become one. The season is early still, but they should be better then game 1, not worse.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THis team was two wins away from a Cup win last year. They lost it in OT on a bad goal. Is it really that hard to fathom them being a little disinterested in October hockey? Not that I am happy with them, but give them a bit of space. GUys like Leino and Pronger are still rehabbing their injuries from the Cup run. Zherdev is trying to re-discover NHl hockey (which I hope at some point he actually does) and alot of these guys have to be searching for a way to get up for these games. I am not excusing any of them, least of all Carter, Richie, and the like.
But one post in this thread mentioned them being out of contention by January and another mentioned blowing it up and starting over? 9 games ago this same basic roster was playing in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. You can't live on that all year, but give them at least a few more games before the doom and gloom takes over...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Gods sake we lost to Columbus WTF is going on? Maybe Pronger needs to start smashing heads in the locker room.

Pronger is one of the biggest problems. His poor play is a direct result in at least 1 goal against in almost every game he's played in this year. He let Selanne blow by him to set up a goal. He made Chris Clark look like Pavel Bure last night. He watched Matt Cooke carry the puck up ice, stood right next to him the whole time, and did nothing as Cooke iced the game with an SH-ENG. He stood behind the net as Downie set up Stamkos from the corner. It was a dump in to the corner, and he went behind the net when the only Lightning player below the dots was Downie in the corner! He's been beyond horrible this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger is one of the biggest problems. His poor play is a direct result in at least 1 goal against in almost every game he's played in this year. He let Selanne blow by him to set up a goal. He made Chris Clark look like Pavel Bure last night. He watched Matt Cooke carry the puck up ice, stood right next to him the whole time, and did nothing as Cooke iced the game with an SH-ENG. He stood behind the net as Downie set up Stamkos from the corner. It was a dump in to the corner, and he went behind the net when the only Lightning player below the dots was Downie in the corner! He's been beyond horrible this year.

oo oo are we allowed to bash pronger now? thats my favorite game :D

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis team was two wins away from a Cup win last year. They lost it in OT on a bad goal. Is it really that hard to fathom them being a little disinterested in October hockey? Not that I am happy with them, but give them a bit of space. GUys like Leino and Pronger are still rehabbing their injuries from the Cup run. Zherdev is trying to re-discover NHl hockey (which I hope at some point he actually does) and alot of these guys have to be searching for a way to get up for these games. I am not excusing any of them, least of all Carter, Richie, and the like.
But one post in this thread mentioned them being out of contention by January and another mentioned blowing it up and starting over? 9 games ago this same basic roster was playing in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. You can't live on that all year, but give them at least a few more games before the doom and gloom takes over...

HMMM.... I guess millions of fucking dollars aren't enough huh? Fuck maybe they should only get paid if they win eh? I don't buy that shit for a minute.. They are supposed to be professionals. Next argument!!!

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get that SUperFLyer. I really do. But it isn't feasible to blow up every roster that underproduces for 8 games. I was the first ones three years ago to blame the players for not playing withg enough determination. Everyone blamed John Stephens. Now he is gone, and it isn't changing. Maybe it is the players, but the same guys seemed to have plenty of resolve in May and June. So I am annoyed, but I don't think blowing it up is smart...

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that SUperFLyer. I really do. But it isn't feasible to blow up every roster that underproduces for 8 games. I was the first ones three years ago to blame the players for not playing withg enough determination. Everyone blamed John Stephens. Now he is gone, and it isn't changing. Maybe it is the players, but the same guys seemed to have plenty of resolve in May and June. So I am annoyed, but I don't think blowing it up is smart...

Me either, and sorry if I sounded like a dick. I just want them to bring Testuide and Nodl up and get Shelly and Carter or Carcillo out of here. We're wasting roster spaces..

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NO argument with Shelley. I would rather see you in the lineup. I can't say I would rather have Nodl in the lineup than Carter. I wouldn't be against moving him for the right pieces though.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty has been doing his job. Getting 1.1 million times more than he's worth, but he does what he's supposed to.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
even though shelly is not worth 1.1 mil he definitely has the effort each night. granted he may take a dumb penalty every now and then but he has the flyers mentality. without asham and lappy it is kind of necessary to have that kind of guy in the lineup but i'd only take one of him or carcillo. i like nodl in the lineup a lot. nodl has really impressed me since the playoffs

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nodl has been terrific, Carcillo hasn't done much for good or ill, but Powe has taken so many penalties lately. He should be included in the rotation of healthy scratches.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not in agreement...nodl always looks at step out of place and not in sync with anyone on his line this season...he did play well last season...just not seeing it yet...zherdev looks like he is trying to be better defensively the offense should come...

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though shelly is not worth 1.1 mil he definitely has the effort each night. granted he may take a dumb penalty every now and then but he has the flyers mentality. without asham and lappy it is kind of necessary to have that kind of guy in the lineup but i'd only take one of him or carcillo. i like nodl in the lineup a lot. nodl has really impressed me since the playoffs

For 6 minutes of Ice time, Come on man you and I can show effort for that long

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he cant control the amount of ice time lavy gives him..hes playing hard enough to justify 8-10 minutes

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he cant control the amount of ice time lavy gives him..hes playing hard enough to justify 8-10 minutes

I'm not being a dick woot, but that's funny. even if he played 8 he would still spend 2 minutes of it in the box, which = 6 minutes. He just doesn't justify a roster spot in my eyes, sorry..