• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Underclassmen decisions; Updated lists

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're digging yourself a deeper hole here. How did your perception of Barkley get worse from last year to this year?

Because I was willing to overlook more from a Sophmore than I would a Junior. I thought he would naturally take the next step towards potentially being an above average QB in the NFL. However, his play didn't reach the level I thought it would; and so I would need to see more before I'd trust him not to be an average NFL QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So because he's not better than Alex Smith RIGHT NOW he should go back to school?

No, I think he's about equal to where Alex was as a PROSPECT (except more ready to run a pro' offense because Barkley didn't play in a spread). In other words: I don't like him as a prospect. HOWEVER, I'm open to the possibility of him changing my mind with an amazing senior season because young men that age sometimes aren't even done maturing physically. But if I had to give Regis my final answer RIGHT NOW I'd say Barkley will be an average QB with the potential to be slightly above average with a good situation like Alex has in having Harbaugh as a HC. But I don't think he'll be great like Brady, Peyton, Rogers, Rivers, Brees, Roethlisberger. So if he were on the board I'd take someone else because I think it would be a lateral move.

Is Andrew Luck better than Alex Smith right now?

Probably.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey clyde, is it possible to edit the original message in the thread with the updated list like pozz used to do? That will save readers time of skimming through all the posts to find out who is doing what.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey clyde, is it possible to edit the original message in the thread with the updated list like pozz used to do? That will save readers time of skimming through all the posts to find out who is doing what.

That's what I've been doing. It is the updated list. Not much action going on now and probably won't be much until the Bowl games are done.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's what I've been doing. It is the updated list. Not much action going on now and probably won't be much until the Bowl games are done.

I see. I just assumed with the thread being as long as it is already that the list was longer.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. I just assumed with the thread being as long as it is already that the list was longer.

Nope. Just some discussions and rumors of what players might do.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you have to be a moderator in order to edit a thread title? I've been trying to figure out how to do it for a while. I was going to do it a while back in the stadium thread but I couldn't figure out how to do it if anybody can.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to be a moderator in order to edit a thread title? I've been trying to figure out how to do it for a while. I was going to do it a while back in the stadium thread but I couldn't figure out how to do it if anybody can.

Yeah. I think after the first 10 minutes or so only the mods can edit. :(

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah. I think after the first 10 minutes or so only the mods can edit. :(

I don't think it's a time thing. I've noticed you can edit as long as it's the last post in the thread. Once someone else posts, you can't edit anymore.

Unless you're a mod.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Ray needs to talk to Ghost to make Pozz a mod, if only to be able to edit all of his threads. We're gonna need that come combine, senior bowl, etc. Doom is never on the 49ers board anyways.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones finished the season with 69 tackles, 19.5 for loss, 13.5 sacks, 26 QB hurries, 2 PDs and 2 FFs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that a lot of people is flying up the boards (we're talking top-15 flying), Jarvis Jones, is staying back.

Amazing Jarvis Jones of Georgia Bulldogs plans to only get better - ESPN

Jones finished the season with 69 tackles, 19.5 for loss, 13.5 sacks, 26 QB hurries, 2 PDs and 2 FFs.

He's a beast.

I told everyone that he was not going pro this year... but no one believed me LOL.

I wish he would stay for 2013 as well, but that's a long shot.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was very adamant all along he was staying. He just transferred to Georgia this year and I think feels he owes the Bulldogs more than one great year for welcoming him back and giving him the opportunity.