• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ummmmm Hey Kentucky!!!

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Hail Mary shot? He was hitting that all game...

That just sounds like a fantasy of yours.

Might as well get over what? The tshirts? Or you claiming no other program would "dream of posting with this type of optimism?" Cause that's a helluva gem considering you guys pulled in the top recruiting class last year and ended up losing to Robert Morris in the NIT. Delusional. :lol:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by TangoBlue
I think every fan hopes for something like this to happen with their team......but the chance of it happening is probably around .01. Most reasonable and realistic UK fans don't post stuff like this.

Thankfully every other fanbase in the country would never dream of posting with this type of optimism.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

O.K.
NDHoosier101sorry you couldn't understand my original post. So let me explain it to you in a more succinct and simple way.
My first paragraph was written as something that most fans of any fanbase "hope for." <----- I think this statement is true.

The second sentence states:
Most reasonable and realistic UK fans don't post stuff like this. This is in reference to going 40-0....something that is extremely hard to do, and most fans {me included}realize this fact.

\
Everything in the third sentence is FACETIOUS.
... Thankfully every other fanbase in the country would never dream of posting with this type of optimism. <<<<<<<This is being facetious on my part.

Hope this helps you understand.................................

NDHoosier101Might as well get over what?

Duh...........just what I said....Bobby Knight is not coming back to Hoosierville....get over it.

On a final note, would you please try to learn what sarcasm is. Your reading comprehension is terrible.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worry about the Cats...they will be good by years end.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel free to point out the games on IU's schedule that you want to lose. Everybody, every fan, every coach, every player, every AD, every equipment manager, and scorekeeper wants to go undefeated. Why is it wrong to say it out loud?

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Trolly. Obviously you said it more emphatically and succinctly than my rambling wreck of a post. You force posters to either bring it bigtime or keep their mouths shut. :thumb:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Trolly. Obviously you said it more emphatically and succinctly than my rambling wreck of a post. You force posters to either bring it bigtime or keep their mouths shut. :thumb:

Tango/Trolly....With MSU losing to UNC.....Do you think UK will move up or down in the AP and Coaches polls?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to point out the games on IU's schedule that you want to lose. Everybody, every fan, every coach, every player, every AD, every equipment manager, and scorekeeper wants to go undefeated. Why is it wrong to say it out loud?

When head coaches say something it becomes an expectation for the fanbase (if you take your coach seriously).

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is not a top 5 team; however by year's end, Kentucky will.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is not a top 5 team; however by year's end, Kentucky will.

We'll see. They go to Baylor on Friday. Baylor will be a decent test. Then @ UNC next Saturday...then UofL at home jsut after Christmas.

December is going to say much about where UK is ranked going into league play.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When head coaches say something it becomes an expectation for the fanbase (if you take your coach seriously).

Not true! It doesn't become an expectation...it becomes a hope. Big difference in the wording there Hoosier fan.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. They go to Baylor on Friday. Baylor will be a decent test. Then @ UNC next Saturday...then UofL at home jsut after Christmas.

December is going to say much about where UK is ranked going into league play.

I'll have to go along with your bro jonvi. I think UK will be a top 5 team and will have a good shot at a number 2 tourney seed in late March {at the very least.}

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tango/Trolly....With MSU losing to UNC.....Do you think UK will move up or down in the AP and Coaches polls?

jonvi...I would prefer UK to stay around 4-7 for most of the season, and then pick it up to get a good seed in the tourney.

My "hope".....{"NOT expectation...ND Hoosier}...would be for opposing fans to overlook and underrate UK...so when UK goes on a roll in late March it would send those fans into the depths of despair; or at least to the state of Indiana where hope lies fallow.:rollseyes: j/k you ND Hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on how they look at Baylor. If they look good, then I'd say they move up by default. If they have a poor showing (even if they win) I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop a spot or two (more if they lose, obviously)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Realistic fans aren't going to let that sort of talk change their expectations, one way or the other. And honestly, I couldn't give a rat's ass what unrealistic fans think.

Also, if you don't take everything John Calipari says with a huge grain of salt, then you haven't been paying much attention to his "coach speak"

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we will have UK ranked where I can live with it. And as far as I'm concerned this is going to be great for UK.

You tell tweens they are great....they believe it....then don't feel a need to work as hard. Tell them they are good, but anyone in the NBA would school them and they will work to prove you wrong.

Today, no team lead largely by freshmen are going to come into D1 and take over. The coaching of the game has become too good. Many mid major teams are senior heavy and will do damage to a team not playing up. And a team like SU with a balance of young and old will give a young team some fits.

Now we get to see how these young men respond. My guess is this will make them better.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Otto+the+Orange+Syracuse

They look a lot alike to me.

Orange_fruit_1.jpg7d55a7de-0e63-47c9-9e4c-c61306a42257Larger.jpg

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we will have UK ranked where I can live with it. And as far as I'm concerned this is going to be great for UK.

You tell tweens they are great....they believe it....then don't feel a need to work as hard. Tell them they are good, but anyone in the NBA would school them and they will work to prove you wrong.

Today, no team lead largely by freshmen are going to come into D1 and take over. The coaching of the game has become too good. Many mid major teams are senior heavy and will do damage to a team not playing up. And a team like SU with a balance of young and old will give a young team some fits.

Now we get to see how these young men respond. My guess is this will make them better.

I'm curious to see where UK ends up in the rankings. Parrish dropped them all the way to 16, and Put Baylor all the way up to #7. My guess is that UK doesn't fall that far and Baylor doesn't jump that high in the AP. (at this point I've just given up on the coach's poll. it's utterly useless)

I'm guessing that UK drops to the 10-12 range and Baylor Jumps to around 15 or 16. The AP writers don't seem to agree with Gary's notion of moving Team A ahead of Team B if Team A won head to head.

This is going to be a rough stretch for the Kentucky. It's one trap game after another. Boise is a decent team that's been flirting with the Top 25 for a while, but if Kentucky wins they won't get much credit for beating a good team, and if they lose, they'll get destroyed for it. Same for Carolina. Same for Belmont. Those are all three "no win" games. At least if they beat Louisville they'll get credit for a good win (assuming Louisville doesn't shit the bed between now and then)

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a rough stretch for the Kentucky. It's one trap game after another. Boise is a decent team that's been flirting with the Top 25 for a while, but if Kentucky wins they won't get much credit for beating a good team, and if they lose, they'll get destroyed for it. Same for Carolina. Same for Belmont. Those are all three "no win" games. At least if they beat Louisville they'll get credit for a good win (assuming Louisville doesn't shit the bed between now and then)

Spot on, Trolly....I agree with you and jonvi. I think UK should be ranked around #7-10. It deflates some gigantic egos, and reinforces Cal's demands that the team becomes a team that looks out for each other.

The only way you get better...is by helping your team mates get better. :lame:cliche.....but I think it's true.