• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UK's Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty soon you'll have to start watching cricket to replace all the sports you don't watch anymore lolz

lolzzz I like cricket

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is unwatchable for me till the playoffs. Love some college hoops, but NBA just ain't what it used to be. Players taking games off to rest whenever they want, despite making ten times what they used to. Little to no defense is played. No ball movement, everything is Iso or Jack up a three as soon as you touch it. Don't get me wrong, players are more skills and athletic than ever, but the best teams today would get crushed against older teams under old school rules. No toughness today whatsoever

I agree with most of that but this current Warriors team has flawless ball movement, toughness and they play elite defense for this day and age with the rules. They would be unstoppable in any era not just bc of their skill players but bc of their elite shooting and ball movement. The only problem they would have is guarding a true elite center.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I still watch the NBA is bc my team has been to the Finals 3 years in a row and Lebron. It kinda sucks knowing not one team can beat the W's when healthy, even a team with the best player.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I still watch the NBA is bc my team has been to the Finals 3 years in a row and Lebron. It kinda sucks knowing not one team can beat the W's when healthy, even a team with the best player.

I know basketball... just wanted to share that...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i'll stick to Hockey, Baseball, Curling & Cricket. Shit, I don't even watch Golf anymore and I love golf.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of that but this current Warriors team has flawless ball movement, toughness and they play elite defense for this day and age with the rules. They would be unstoppable in any era not just bc of their skill players but bc of their elite shooting and ball movement. The only problem they would have is guarding a true elite center.
Yeah they are the exception, but I don't like them either lol. What if Magic had left the Lakers to come run point for the Bulls lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i'll stick to Hockey, Baseball, Curling & Cricket. Shit, I don't even watch Golf anymore and I love golf.

If you pull baseball off that list you can just call yourself, ghey. I actually enjoy watching golf

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are the exception, but I don't like them either lol. What if Magic had left the Lakers to come run point for the Bulls lol

Yeah it sucks knowing who will win the title, I mean we usually see dominate teams in each era but the gap in talent is huge currently imo. You have a team that won a title and won the most game ever go out and get a top 3 player

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it sucks knowing who will win the title, I mean we usually see dominate teams in each era but the gap in talent is huge currently imo. You have a team that won a title and won the most game ever go out and get a top 3 player
Yeah, it just takes something away from it IMO. What if MJ said, you know, trying to beat Bird, McHale, Chief and DJ is tough, so I'm going to come over and let Ainge be 6th man. He could have taken a lot of pride in those Titles lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is unwatchable for me till the playoffs. Love some college hoops, but NBA just ain't what it used to be. Players taking games off to rest whenever they want, despite making ten times what they used to. Little to no defense is played. No ball movement, everything is Iso or Jack up a three as soon as you touch it. Don't get me wrong, players are more skills and athletic than ever, but the best teams today would get crushed against older teams under old school rules. No toughness today whatsoever

Kinda feel the opposite is true with the bolded. Definitely agree on the defense though, although the new rules do have something to do with the lack of defense or perception of lack of defense being played. It's hard to play solid/great defense, while not being able to get into a guys air space, or be as physical as necessary on the perimeter. Also the Flagrant Foul's are an absolute joke.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How dare you disrespect Javale McGee like that.

Lol, but yeah, they'd be toast against an Elite center. Flip side is outside of maybe Olajuwon, there's no Elite Center ever that could keep up with the Warriors on defense either. So basically it'd be trading 2's for 3's a lot of times. I think in the end it would even out because the Math is there to support it by percentages. Hand checking would make it more difficult for some of the 3 point looks they get, but like you said the Warriors passing and ball movement is probably the greatest of any team in history. They're a nightmare matchup offensively.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it just takes something away from it IMO. What if MJ said, you know, trying to beat Bird, McHale, Chief and DJ is tough, so I'm going to come over and let Ainge be 6th man. He could have taken a lot of pride in those Titles lol

There's an absolutely sensible logic in saying that MJ is actually the reason for the Superteams of today. (although I would argue Superteams have always been around).

It actually starts with Kobe, but then it transfered to Lebron, who took it a step further. But the combination of media coverage and growth of sports talk and social media has lead to all this. It was a perfect storm.

1) Jordan leaves the game with an untarnished Finals record. Easily recognized as the GOAT by all players at the time.

2) Kobe comes into the league. He's the closest thing to Jordan that we've seen. People debate endlessly if Kobe will ever live up to Jordan or surpass him. People argue no way because Jordan has 6 rings.

Kobe wins 3 with Shaq but the team disbands. Kobe knows he can't catch Jordan's legacy on his own, so he demands a trade unless the Lakers can get him some serious help with teammates. Lakers go out and get Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Win another 2.

3) Lebron comes into the league and this is at the start of the social media boom and sports talk boom. Lebron (right or wrong) is crowned the King and the next best NBA player. Everyone says how he'll never be as great as Jordan. An impossible standard is set.

4) Lebron dominates on some really, really bad teams, but is able to get them into the playoffs multiple times. Still doesn't get any recognition. He takes a really terrible team to the NBA finals and loses. Immediately people instead of acknowledging how great Lebron is for taking that roster to the finals, tells him he'll never be as great as Jordan now and that he can't win.

5) Lebron goes to Miami to team with other great players in seek of championships, forming the first alleged Superteam.

6) Every other team then follows the lead because in order to beat that talented of a team, you need your own talented squad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an absolutely sensible logic in saying that MJ is actually the reason for the Superteams of today. (although I would argue Superteams have always been around).

It actually starts with Kobe, but then it transfered to Lebron, who took it a step further. But the combination of media coverage and growth of sports talk and social media has lead to all this. It was a perfect storm.

1) Jordan leaves the game with an untarnished Finals record. Easily recognized as the GOAT by all players at the time.

2) Kobe comes into the league. He's the closest thing to Jordan that we've seen. People debate endlessly if Kobe will ever live up to Jordan or surpass him. People argue no way because Jordan has 6 rings.

Kobe wins 3 with Shaq but the team disbands. Kobe knows he can't catch Jordan's legacy on his own, so he demands a trade unless the Lakers can get him some serious help with teammates. Lakers go out and get Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Win another 2.

3) Lebron comes into the league and this is at the start of the social media boom and sports talk boom. Lebron (right or wrong) is crowned the King and the next best NBA player. Everyone says how he'll never be as great as Jordan. An impossible standard is set.

4) Lebron dominates on some really, really bad teams, but is able to get them into the playoffs multiple times. Still doesn't get any recognition. He takes a really terrible team to the NBA finals and loses. Immediately people instead of acknowledging how great Lebron is for taking that roster to the finals, tells him he'll never be as great as Jordan now and that he can't win.

5) Lebron goes to Miami to team with other great players in seek of championships, forming the first alleged Superteam.

6) Every other team then follows the lead because in order to beat that talented of a team, you need your own talented squad.

Well remember even before that, the seaon before Shaq leaves they went out and got 2 old, future HOF's in Payton and Malone. They still averaged 14 ppg and 13 ppg respectively. It seems like most people starting talking about superteams bc of free agency, when actually there have been superteams from the early Celtic and Laker days, they just went about it differently.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still pretty amazing Lebron took that roster of scrubs to the Finals. Never seen a player will his team like he did in his early Cavs days. A roster full of role players.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still pretty amazing Lebron took that roster of scrubs to the Finals. Never seen a player will his team like he did in his early Cavs days. A roster full of role players.

That game where I think he hit like the last 25 points for the Cavs against the Pistons in the playoffs was one of the most incredible performances I've seen. He was amazing.

Edit: Just realized it was the ECF and he was only 23 at the time. Crazy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game where I think he hit like the last 25 points for the Cavs against the Pistons in the playoffs was one of the most incredible performances I've seen. He was amazing.

Edit: Just realized it was the ECF and he was only 23 at the time. Crazy.

I could do better...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could do better...

I challenge you to a game of 1 on 1. Winner gets to choose the next draft stipulations.

FYI: Prob gonna throw the game just to let you choose the next draft.

hqdefault.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I challenge you to a game of 1 on 1. Winner gets to choose the next draft stipulations.

hqdefault.jpg

Deal... you will see my white jew hops...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hqdefault.jpg

I haven't played much since college but I will challenge you. I was a PG/SG, not the best dribbling skills so not a true point but I had a floater and could shoot the threeeeeee lol