• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh...

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Shit... But each coach has their own habits... no one way is wrong or right!

And Jed, TO had his moments getting red faced and riled... but not in front of the public.... In the locker room all he had to do is look at you with his intense facial expression and you knew... but he did get vocal when needed... and it did make a difference.... Also McBride was not too unlike Bo.... He jumped our shit in a HUGE way... and challenged us on each play.

I was not trying to say that Osborne just sat their silently. I know full well that he could handle his business when needed but he wasn't like Bo. That does not mean that was a better or worse way to handle it. That is just their own personal ways of handling it.

For me personally, "the look" is much more powerful than a spitting raving crazy person. Especially if it is from someone I respect.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they didn't need a fiery guy. Every time a coach gets fired they always hire someone that is the complete opposite. That happens all the time every where. One guy loves offense the next guy loves defense. One guy is a quiet motivator the next guy is a fiery motivator.

I will say however that the new head coach after Callahan didn't not HAVE to be a fiery guy. He just needed to be able to coach and motivate. No matter how he got it done. That is what this program needed.

I can see that. I just think it was the spark we needed.

Still, players will get behind a coach when he's reserved and they're still getting the job done.

I guess I misinterpreted what you said. You said something to the effect of being a fiery animated coach is not the only way to motivate. I think any Husker fan who disagrees with that is probably a moron :lol: We all saw what T.O did.

I think the comparisons between T.O. and Bo are there for two main reasons: 1. T.O. is at the forefront of our consciousness because he is our current A.D. 2. They seem like such polar opposites on the sideline. You can't help but see the contrast in demeanor.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not trying to say that Osborne just sat their silently. I know full well that he could handle his business when needed but he wasn't like Bo. That does not mean that was a better or worse way to handle it. That is just their own personal ways of handling it.

For me personally, "the look" is much more powerful than a spitting raving crazy person. Especially if it is from someone I respect.

:nod: Agreed.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dumb sons of bitches........

HUSKERZ FER CHAMPZ

Cot dammit

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where I come from, the best coach makes you feel like a little bitch in the process of turning you into a man..........kinda the same way the military works, but obviously nowhere near as intense.

LOL @ "Pelini is giving the program a bad look!" people.....

How about the military guy you see on commercials foaming at the mouth asking if you have what it takes to join..........does he give the military a bad look because he's psycho?

I expect our players to take the field with the urge to not just beat, but destroy their opponent. You can't instill that kinda attitude in your team if you pampered your players like babies.

Osborne was a very consistent winner without the mad dog approach that Pelini has.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osborne was a very consistent winner without the mad dog approach that Pelini has.

His assistants ripped players faces off and ate them, shit them out, and then put them back on their players.......

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL.........I can see the headlines now....

"Coach Fired for Yelling Loud at Players"

No you don't get it evidently. The next few times he explodes at the refs may get him into hot water. I have talked to many fans of other teams who DO respect our program, but have mentioned his unprofessional demeanor towards the refs and the media also. There may come a point in time that Delaney intervenes and will expect Bo to clean up his act because he may feel that his behavior looks bad for the conference as a whole.

I certainly hope this doesn't happen.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His assistants ripped players faces off and ate them, shit them out, and then put them back on their players.......

I don't remember any of them DOING THIS IN PUBLIC, they did this behind closed doors. By the way, Osborne wasn't an assistant, and he certainly wasn't a prick like Bo has been at times.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this world is just getting more and more pussified

I thank its all the women getting in thar and stirring the pot myself

they all need ta be at home making sammiches

Popeye, I don't expect a coach to be pussified, I just expect them to be professional. I have no doubt that Pelini's blowups have cost our team a few games also.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His act on the sideline and the general perception of it, does affect his ability to recruit if you ask me. There is a difference between intensity and acting petulant when something doesn't go your way.

There's no doubt that his antics have affected recruiting. No one can tell me that parents of some recruits haven't urged their kids to go elsewhere because of this.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! Brasky agreed with Jed on something....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember any of them DOING THIS IN PUBLIC, they did this behind closed doors. By the way, Osborne wasn't an assistant, and he certainly wasn't a prick like Bo has been at times.

Who gives a flying fuck if it's in public or not......

Fake people sicken me. Whatever you do behind closed doors you should be able to do in public........with the exception of things that are illegal to do in public.

People who worry about image are just simply fake people.....plain and simple. You are who you are....don't act any differently to try and please other people.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just like these people who want Bo to wear different apparel for games because he doesn't look professional enough..........or the people who would rather see Taylor have a good throwing motion and lose than have a shitty throwing motion and win.

The end result is all that matters, and an image will play no part in determining that result.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who gives a flying fuck if it's in public or not......

Fake people sicken me. Whatever you do behind closed doors you should be able to do in public........with the exception of things that are illegal to do in public.

People who worry about image are just simply fake people.....plain and simple. You are who you are....don't act any differently to try and please other people.

I can tell you right now, that you're in the minority here with this. I know a ton of people who care about our football program and the image that a hothead and unprofessional acting coach gives our program.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's just like these people who want Bo to wear different apparel for games because he doesn't look professional enough..........or the people who would rather see Taylor have a good throwing motion and lose than have a shitty throwing motion and win.

The end result is all that matters, and an image will play no part in determining that result.

That's a new one... There's people who would rather see Taylor have a good throwing motion and lose?! Wow!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the first time I've seen a coach yell at a kid, or official. Not really that big of a deal to me either way. The new rules Shirley don't have that objective in mind.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the first time I've seen a coach yell at a kid, or official. Not really that big of a deal to me either way. The new rules Shirley don't have that objective in mind.

This ^^^

and you just have to get used to the "SKY IS FALLING" post from Zorbi!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I also assume the new rule doesn't have that objective in mind because just about every coach has scolded a player or ref, but when a coach harasses refs and cusses them out at every flag they throw, during practically every game, and that coach is continually hostile towards the media, than there's an image problem that Delaney may want to address with Bo at some point in time.

I will add that Bo has slightly improved with these issues, and will continue to improve hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This ^^^

and you just have to get used to the "SKY IS FALLING" post from Zorbi!

I bring up a possible issue and you think my post is a sky is falling post? Hmmm? I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future holds with this very real issue.

By the way, wasn't that a terrible tragedy in Colorado with that raving lunatic shooter? Posting here about our football team is such a small and trivial thing compared to what those people have gone through, and what their families are going through. My heart goes out to them.