• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA @ UW

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one starting to wonder if UW will ever turn the corner and become a top team again.

Peterson was the best coach available, but this has looked bad. It is a work in progress, but some of the shit I've seen is just inexcusable. How much longer do we have to wait? Didn't we already go through this with Sark? Do we have to go through another 4 years of THIS before we start playing real football?

Does anyone want to explain to me why this staff refuses to give John Ross the ball on offense? I just can't begin to fathom why they don't give the fastest player on the field the football. This guy has the ability of Percy Harvin, why doesn't the offense get him the ball? Lord knows that Cyler Miles is too god damn inept to do anything, just give Ross the ball on a simple screen or reverse and see what happens.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think Petersen is the right guy for the long term, but the learning curve was more brutal than we thought it was going to be.

It's also a roster issue, especially on O. When it comes to offense, Sark and Petersen approach things very differently. Petersen made the call to agressively implement his schemes, and it's made it a transition year. Push comes to shove, it's looking like 8-5 for the season. We should still get a bowl bid with that and expect a better offense in 2015. We're going to need it because the D won't be there to bail us out.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think Petersen is the right guy for the long term, but the learning curve was more brutal than we thought it was going to be.
It's also a roster issue, especially on O. When it comes to offense, Sark and Petersen approach things very differently. Petersen made the call to agressively implement his schemes, and it's made it a transition year. Push comes to shove, it's looking like 8-5 for the season. We should still get a bowl bid with that and expect a better offense in 2015. We're going to need it because the D won't be there to bail us out.

Agreed!

And on the roster issues, I think there lacking still in certain areas, and when your removing players from the team cause of issues there is gonna be a thinning of the roster.

I would like to see quality recruiting with the lack of trick plays being cut back once its up and going, there is no need for it in the Pac 12, build a solid running game with a good play action there should be no reason for trick plays...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUP?

Too score 30 on UCLA was alright...game was lost on the D side.

Beavers will come gnawing on your heels soon enough.

If UW loses to Oregon State just ship the entire offensive coaching staff off to whatever location you please.

Again, the score wasn't the issue. Going with nothing but draw plays for a whole series down 3 scores with 9 minutes to go shows they either don't know what they are doing, or already threw in the towel. They had to pass there and move the ball quickly and didn't even try doing so.

There are no valid QB's on this team. Is it that Petersen doesn't know how to work with these kids, or were they going to be this bad under Sark had they stayed? The running backs are what they are and there wasn't going to be a replacement for Sankey no matter who ran the team. Losing Stringfellow was big and I'm sure we all know Sark wouldn't have tossed him off the team so maybe they would have been better under him.

And that secondary? :L How the fuck did Sark recruit so fucking badly that there wasn't one decent upper classmen for that unit outside of Peters?

There's no doubt the roster is fucked up. There is some overall talent on the team, but some major holes as well that I'm still baffled over.

That still doesn't excuse the bad play calling. Everyone who watches this team sees it. It's talked about on local radio. There are questions for Petersen every week in press conferences.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good ole boys in the Tyee Club are fed up with Smith.