• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but true statement.

And you guys will lose your "Join a conference arguement."

Because now we have a counter
They won't be gaining any playoffs with a g5 schedule.
Resistance is futile. The Irish will be a B1G team by 2025.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it's crazy! The PAC in recent years has been in a free fall and Larry Scott had no idea what to do. But, the Texas-Oklahoma thing is mind boggling. I'm not sure either set of additions is a good fit. What happened to the politicians who wanted state schools to stick together like UVa and VT? I was amazed when Texas A&M left and no one seemed to care!

Did you know Minnesota football > Florida football? If you needs answers just ask freddy. He'll tell you why.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be gaining any playoffs with a g5 schedule.
Resistance is futile. The Irish will be a B1G team by 2025.

then pay up

Pro Wrestling Lol GIF by Ted DiBiase

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then pay up

Pro Wrestling Lol GIF by Ted DiBiase
They'll get what everybody else gets. Once they meet the requirements as a partial member, that is.

For real tho, I think it would be a good idea to offer them a full members share from the get go.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll get what everybody else gets. Once they meet the requirements as a partial member, that is.

For real tho, I think it would be a good idea to offer them a full members share from the get go.

Straight talk: I'm on Board but Hesitant. For two reasons:

A) I'm not a huge Monoploy, Super Conferences.................. guy. IMO Their needs to be a even playing field or it's just not "fair" to others.

B ) I will admit. Playing Ohio State, Michigan, Sparty, Penn( I have huge respect for Penn. Would have been top 5 if different circumstances happened in my life and i could have played Football), Whisky alot does give me the Heebee Jeebies

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G should deny ND games against B1G conference members.
Let's see them get $75mil playing directional tech and the service academies.
That is a no go. SC has a more historic rivalry with ND than any B1G rivalry, even the Big game or whatever the Ohio State and their little brothers game is called. And let’s be honest, Stanford is going to get an invite pretty soon so it forces Notre Dame to join. The B1G goal since WWII was to get Notre Dame and have struck out massively so might as well start added their entire schedule to legally make them a conference member.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a no go. SC has a more historic rivalry with ND than any B1G rivalry, even the Big game or whatever the Ohio State and their little brothers game is called. And let’s be honest, Stanford is going to get an invite pretty soon so it forces Notre Dame to join. The B1G goal since WWII was to get Notre Dame and have struck out massively so might as well start added their entire schedule to legally make them a conference member.
What makes you think it's the B1G striking out? The B1G has standards and requirements Notre Dame hasn't been willing to adhere to. My guess is the B1G won't be the one bowing to NDms demands.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think it's the B1G striking out? The B1G has standards and requirements Notre Dame hasn't been willing to adhere to. My guess is the B1G won't be the one bowing to NDms demands.
Yes they will. They’ve been nutting themselves since the 90’s, just as every conference has been trying to get Notre Dame into their conference. And the B1G is striking out by wanting UCLA over Stanford.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they will. They’ve been nutting themselves since the 90’s, just as every conference has been trying to get Notre Dame into their conference. And the B1G is striking out by wanting UCLA over Stanford.
Who says they wanted UCLA over Stanford? lol. They took UCLA because UCLA was more than willing, that simple. They came as a pair with USC who apparently were proactive in getting out of the fledgling Pac. Stanford is obviously a future target that probably needed more time to mull over their options.

And NO, they won't. This is not the first time the NDm question has been considered, and at least once in the past the B1G turned down NDm. NDm simply wanted too much and the B1G didn't cave then, I don't think they will now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight talk: I'm on Board but Hesitant. For two reasons:

A) I'm not a huge Monoploy, Super Conferences.................. guy. IMO Their needs to be a even playing field or it's just not "fair" to others.

B ) I will admit. Playing Ohio State, Michigan, Sparty, Penn( I have huge respect for Penn. Would have been top 5 if different circumstances happened in my life and i could have played Football), Whisky alot does give me the Heebee Jeebies

That is laughable coming from a ND fan. The entire reason they stayed Indy was so they could be the special flower with their own network deal.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. When I think of elite college football programs, I think of Minnesota first. They're up there with Alabama and Ohio State.
They do have 6 Natties, 7 in the NFL HOF, and over 20 in the cfb HOF as players, and are Top 25 in producing NFLers, all while their admin took 5 decades off from caring about football. Can only imagine how they'd stand had they not taken those 5 decades off? But yeah, I get your point. You need to understand it's not me claiming UMn is among "the elite". That's nutjob wamu falsely claiming I've made that claim.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Texas and USC have been led by bad coaches. Minnesota will NEVER recruit or have a national title capable team again. Texas and USC almost certainly will.
Same argument could have been made 25 years ago exchanging Minnesota with Clemson and Texas with Nebraska and USC with maybe Colorado or Washington. Both UW/Colorado and Nebraska have faded back to "never can contend again" status while Clemson has risen to juggernaut status from relative obscurity, all because of getting the right new coach. Fleck is not far off Clemson's pace after they got their newest Head Coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What time period are we talking about?

What's relevant to recruits?

I'm talking all time. After all you're the insane homer that thinks what the Gophers did in the 1930's & 40's is somehow relevant today.

You've even bragged about the Gophers going 37-1-1 from 1903 to 1905.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is laughable coming from a ND fan. The entire reason they stayed Indy was so they could be the special flower with their own network deal.

Maybe but it's the truth for part 1(which i think your referring too). It goes for everything too. For example:

I think BOTH sports networks in Canada should have the right to air the NHL Hockey and all of the stuff that comes with it.

Not one all most of the games and the draft.

It's a wrestling analogy that was proven in the mid to late 90's. "Competition is good because it forces others to step up their game"

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking all time. After all you're the insane homer that thinks what the Gophers did in the 1930's & 40's is somehow relevant today.

You've even bragged about the Gophers going 37-1-1 from 1903 to 1905.
I mean you're not wrong but i get Freds point too

All of us here are older than kids picking colleges now so we remember when Team X was good but lots of recruits don't

It's a fair question to ask "at what point does what you did in the past become irrelevant to recruits"

The Gators ( since they were brought up ) last won a natty when the kids looking to go to college next season were 3 years old

Do they care anymore about that than they do Minnesota winning one 60 years ago?

We all tend to look at stuff through our own prism so yeah when youre 45 year old guy like myself of course you think "well obviously Florida is a easy better football school than Minnesota" but if you're a 16 year old you probably don't see much difference