• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm sure Baalke and Staff will do their due diligence. marijuana isn't a hard core drug, but you still have to research.

cause adding one talent isn't worth it IF, he disrupts/bothers five others? if you pursue and sign a player in 'question', it sends a message - and not a good one - to the other 61 or whatever that number is.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure Baalke and Staff will do their due diligence. marijuana isn't a hard core drug, but you still have to research.

cause adding one talent isn't worth it IF, he disrupts/bothers five others? if you pursue and sign a player in 'question', it sends a message - and not a good one - to the other 61 or whatever that number is.

True but I think our locker room is strong enough to get him inline and the benefits he could potentially make in STs on both coverage and Punt return. We have had success converting "character" guys over the years so I hope we can have the same opportunity with him.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't drafted still, I honestly think he still can go in the top 3 rounds if he tests well enough at the combine.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, he's a freaking idiot. He had better turn it around soon cause they target will be on him in the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see a DI FBS school offering him a scholarship to play for them after this recent incident. It may best serves him now to pursue his pro career b/c his options may be limited with regard to the NCAA. He'll be drafted. I see a team like Washington taking that chance to bulk up their D (DBs in particular). They don't have any high picks in 2013, a talent like Mathieu may still be around when they finally get a chance to pick in the later rounds.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a DI FBS school offering him a scholarship to play for them after this recent incident. It may best serves him now to pursue his pro career b/c his options may be limited with regard to the NCAA. He'll be drafted. I see a team like Washington taking that chance to bulk up their D (DBs in particular). They don't have any high picks in 2013, a talent like Mathieu may still be around when they finally get a chance to pick in the later rounds.

Agreed. Or the 49ers could use a 3rd on him and I'd be fine with that :)

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't drafted still, I honestly think he still can go in the top 3 rounds if he tests well enough at the combine.

True he could be drafted in the 3rd but there are some issues with him other then character ones. The biggest is what position does he play? Is he fluid enough to be a CB? Is he too small to be a S and if he is a S can his body take that pounding?

IMO 3rd is too high especially for the Redskins when Mathieu would be their 1st pick of the draft. I see him going to a team with a strong locker room and a team with alot of picks ala 49ers, Patriots, Ravens. Right now I think with his red flag character and tweener position at best he is a 5th rounder right now at least.

Also he isn't going to play football this year will he get invited to the combine?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot. Plain and simple. How hard is it NOT to smoke weed? Or better yet, how hard is it to smoke, but not get caught? Some of my friends have been smoking for years, and they've never been caught with it. What do these guys do, just walk down the streets with blunts and zips in their hands? Sheesh.

That said, I would draft him somewhere in the mid rounds. He's a bit of a tweener and would've fell farther than most would have anticipated on draft day, but the guy can play. Try him at FS.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot. Plain and simple. How hard is it NOT to smoke weed? Or better yet, how hard is it to smoke, but not get caught? Some of my friends have been smoking for years, and they've never been caught with it. What do these guys do, just walk down the streets with blunts and zips in their hands? Sheesh.

That said, I would draft him somewhere in the mid rounds. He's a bit of a tweener and would've fell farther than most would have anticipated on draft day, but the guy can play. Try him at FS.

This!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a playmaker but I think he is overrated as a cover corner. This is also a huge red flag on his file. LSU was giving him the opportunity to make a 2nd chance for himself, and he just proved he is still to immature to seize on that opportunity. Do you want a guy like that on your team? That will be a big question when he enters the draft.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'd be okay in investing a 3rd round pick of him, I'd be more than okay with that (of course considering the fact that our front office did their due diligence).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True he could be drafted in the 3rd but there are some issues with him other then character ones. The biggest is what position does he play? Is he fluid enough to be a CB? Is he too small to be a S and if he is a S can his body take that pounding?

IMO 3rd is too high especially for the Redskins when Mathieu would be their 1st pick of the draft. I see him going to a team with a strong locker room and a team with alot of picks ala 49ers, Patriots, Ravens. Right now I think with his red flag character and tweener position at best he is a 5th rounder right now at least.

Also he isn't going to play football this year will he get invited to the combine?

I'd play him at safety and safety only. He would struggle against the big receivers (Rice, Edwards, Fitz, Floyd). He is very instinctive and fit to play the S position IMO. He's maybe about an inch shorter than Earl Thomas but has better range and a bit more fluid - capable enough to cover slot receivers.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Considering the bounty of picks we have in this draft I can see us taking a flier on him if the team is convinced they can keep him on the straight and narrow.

I think we would consider him even moreso considering our weak Safety depth and the the fact Dashon is a FA.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see this guy as the ultimate playmaker at FS. I think he would have been a slightly above average CB in the NFL but a phenomenal FS.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems ridiculously stupid for Mathieu to get busted when he was already on thin ice for smoking weed. Even more stupid that he got busted in his own apartment. Go somewhere else if you have to smoke it. I don't feel like Mathieu is a bad guy- he just loves smoking weed. The issue would be getting busted in the NFL or getting suspended for a positive test (although there are ways of getting around that).

The 49ers have shown that they'll take a chance on a guy with possible character issues (see Perrish Cox and Randy Moss), so I could see them taking a flyer on him as a potential FS or nickel CB/punt returner. Plus, Harbs likes his players to channel the "honey badger".

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting Tyronne has Playmaking ability as a return man and as a corner! PacMan started well but issues with the law started showing up! There is a slight resemblance sp!!:violin: