• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu cut from LSU

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, we're good.

earlier, wasn't sure you quite got my question...........entering the NFL without going thru the draft? but now we're on the same page.

btw - don't recall what got me asking this question in the first place? something about how Mathieu was going to pick his NFL team, or something that affect? anyways, not a big deal cause we don't pick high enough.

Yes, I did understand your question, but as you saw the answer is a little more complex than the question might suggest.

As for Mathieu - Mathieu will not be allowed to pick his team. If eligible for the regular 2013 draft, he will "have" to register for that draft by Jan 15th; or, he will need to apply for special consideration for the 2013 supplemental draft which, if there is one, would take place sometime in early to mid-July 2013. If he is eligible for the regular draft then he will be drafted by whomever at whatever draft position they feel justifies his risk.

If he is not eligible for the regular draft but he is granted permission to enter the supplemental draft, then teams will bid draft rounds on him and he will go to the highest bidder. The cost to the winning team will be an equal round draft pick the following year. (Example: if we were to bid a 2013 2nd round pick for Mathieu and we won then we would have to forfeit our 2014 2nd round pick)