• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu cut from LSU

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gezus! Incredible talent! If his only violation was weed then some D-II will pick him up.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not at all - addiction is a human condition and can be extremely difficult, but for what would you overcome your addiction? If someone came to 99% of the population addicted to drugs and promised them a million+ dollars if they stopped doing drugs - I think 99% of that population would find a way to give up drugs - There is no judgment going on here, just an accurate assessment - he's a tard.

So what you are saying is that he is a 1%er? He was guarenteed $10 million plus as a top 10 pick, even if he failed in the NFL, he was still going to get the big signing bonus. Actually, I would say you are very much wrong. Addiction is a bitch, and while a lot, possibly even more than half would say they would give up their addicitive substance for $1 million very few would be able to sustain their non-destructive behavior for the rest of their lives, and that is a hard fact.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Terrell Brown smoked some weed too. He got caught and we were able to get him in the 5th round, now he's on the brink of being a pro bowler.

Texas CB Brown faces drug, weapon charges - College Football - ESPN

He had pistols and all kinds of shit with him.

It's not about being addicted to weed, it's about these kids being young and making bad choices. One of Honeybadgers failed tests was from smoking "spice", which is synthetic weed, no thc in it. Lots of people smoke it and pass probation drug tests, job drug tests and so on. The military and a few other places (obviously the NCAA) tests for those specific chemicals. I'm sure he had got some bad advice from a friend. As far as the new failed test, I'm sure it's more of the same "know it all" stuff that plenty of 20 year olds go through.

Advanced drug testing method detects 'spice' drugs

I'm just happy that we have a chance at him late, he'll make an excellent special teamer while bulking up to play fs.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...08-13/lsu-no-tyrann-mathieu-return/57039168/1

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Terrell Brown smoked some weed too. He got caught and we were able to get him in the 5th round, now he's on the brink of being a pro bowler.

Texas CB Brown faces drug, weapon charges - College Football - ESPN

He had pistols and all kinds of shit with him.

It's not about being addicted to weed, it's about these kids being young and making bad choices. One of Honeybadgers failed tests was from smoking "spice", which is synthetic weed, no thc in it. Lots of people smoke it and pass probation drug tests, job drug tests and so on. The military and a few other places (obviously the NCAA) tests for those specific chemicals. I'm sure he had got some bad advice from a friend. As far as the new failed test, I'm sure it's more of the same "know it all" stuff that plenty of 20 year olds go through.

Advanced drug testing method detects 'spice' drugs

I'm just happy that we have a chance at him late, he'll make an excellent special teamer while bulking up to play fs.

LSU confirms Tyrann Mathieu will not return to team ? USATODAY.com

The real mistake is that smoking marijuana is a mistake.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's going to rehab instead of playing this year.

Interesting decision. Sign of maturity?

If he were to declare, how much would the year off affect his status, given what he's doing instead?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to rehab instead of playing this year.

Interesting decision. Sign of maturity?

If he were to declare, how much would the year off affect his status, given what he's doing instead?

Here's my PIDOOMA response. I think that will depend on how successful he is with his rehab, how well he stayed in football shape and how well his private workout went. From what I saw I think it's easy to imagine that he would have gone top half of the first round. I'd say he lose 1/2 to 1 1/2 rounds - IMO.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathieu's father: Tyrann will sit out season

If successful, this move should/will keep Tyrann relevant come 2013. But, with his taking the 2012 season off, can he simply be inserted in the 2013 draft? Or will he simply be a FA available to any team he wants to try out for?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mathieu's father: Tyrann will sit out season

If successful, this move should/will keep Tyrann relevant come 2013. But, with his taking the 2012 season off, can he simply be inserted in the 2013 draft? Or will he simply be a FA available to any team he wants to try out for?

you would have to think anyone entering the NFL goes thru the draft? whether right out of college, sat out a year, went on a mission, entered service, etc.

because if not, would it open the possibility of collusion? for EXAMPLE.....say Daniel Snyder does a handshake agreement with RGIII, he sits out a year, but is well taken care of afterward.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real mistake is that smoking marijuana is a mistake.

I don't get this.

So now Les Miles not wanting his DIVISION 1 players smoking weed is a mistake?

It's not that hard. Just don't smoke weed. People don't NEED to smoke weed.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would have to think anyone entering the NFL goes thru the draft? whether right out of college, sat out a year, went on a mission, entered service, etc.

because if not, would it open the possibility of collusion? for EXAMPLE.....say Daniel Snyder does a handshake agreement with RGIII, he sits out a year, but is well taken care of afterward.

I can think of only four ways to get onto an NFL squad, the draft, the supplemental draft, as an UDFA or as a walk-on. I would have to think TM will come through either the draft or supplemental draft.

As for the Synder handshake agreement, I know Bosworth tried to do something like that years ago and I believe there are either protective or consequential measures in place to prevent that from happening but I'm not sure what they are.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can think of only four ways to get onto an NFL squad, the draft, the supplemental draft, as an UDFA or as a walk-on. I would have to think TM will come through either the draft or supplemental draft.

As for the Synder handshake agreement, I know Bosworth tried to do something like that years ago and I believe there are either protective or consequential measures in place to prevent that from happening but I'm not sure what they are.

wouldn't UDFA's also go thru the draft process first? once the draft is over, they can seek out any team.

was trying to think of a previous "walk-on" but not sure? the professional wrestler Brock Lesnar? Renaldo Nehemiah? then of course there's the new CBA, so all past methods might be changed?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't UDFA's also go thru the draft process first? once the draft is over, they can seek out any team.

was trying to think of a previous "walk-on" but not sure? the professional wrestler Brock Lesnar? Renaldo Nehemiah? then of course there's the new CBA, so all past methods might be changed?

No. While UDFA's declare for the draft once the draft concludes the "draft process" is over. So, technically these players come to the NFL through the UDFA process, not the draft process.

As for walk-ons, every now and again teams will hold public try-outs. I know the Eagles use to hold try-outs when Vermeil was HC. I believe some kickers were walk-on's and there have been others.

The new CBA did not eliminate any of the four methods I mentioned.

Edit: I may have mis-understood your opening question - if so ignore my answer

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. While UDFA's declare for the draft once the draft concludes the "draft process" is over. So, technically these players come to the NFL through the UDFA process, not the draft process.

As for walk-ons, every now and again teams will hold public try-outs. I know the Eagles use to hold try-outs when Vermeil was HC. I believe some kickers were walk-on's and there have been others.

The new CBA did not eliminate any of the four methods I mentioned.

Edit: I may have mis-understood your opening question - if so ignore my answer

i guess my original question was........if a player can just enter the NFL WITHOUT going thru the draft? can he just go directly to a team of his choosing?

you then mentioned four possible ways to enter the NFL and two were the draft and supplemental draft. obviously, these two don't require discussion.

the third you mentioned is UDFA but these guys still go thru the draft FIRST, they still enter the NFL applying for the draft. all these guys had applied for the draft and went thru the draft process. this isn't a way to enter the NFL without the draft process.

the fourth you mentioned was walk-on and in this method i simply don't know? did throw out some names that might've fallen under this method, but don't know?

you now mentioned 'public tryouts' so yes, i believe this is a way to enter the NFL without the draft? so the answer appears to be yes, they can enter via public tryouts. next question..........Mathieu can join an NFL team but only the one nearest his home?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the LB who just got out for alleged r*pe? He was never in a draft.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess my original question was........if a player can just enter the NFL WITHOUT going thru the draft? can he just go directly to a team of his choosing?

you then mentioned four possible ways to enter the NFL and two were the draft and supplemental draft. obviously, these two don't require discussion.

the third you mentioned is UDFA but these guys still go thru the draft FIRST, they still enter the NFL applying for the draft. all these guys had applied for the draft and went thru the draft process. this isn't a way to enter the NFL without the draft process.

the fourth you mentioned was walk-on and in this method i simply don't know? did throw out some names that might've fallen under this method, but don't know?

you now mentioned 'public tryouts' so yes, i believe this is a way to enter the NFL without the draft? so the answer appears to be yes, they can enter via public tryouts.

Deep, I can think of only four ways to enter the NFL

1) Declare for the NFL draft, become drafted and enter the NFL as a "Drafted Rookie"
2) Declare for the NFL draft don't become drafted and enter the NFL as a "Rookie Free Agent" [UDFA]
3) Declare for the Supplemental Draft and become drafted in the supplemental draft
4) Declare for either of the NFL drafts or not, don't become drafted, request or show up for an open try-out, and enter the NFL as a walk-on FA.

I can't think of another way or ways to enter the NFL - maybe someone else can. As for the processes, although there are similarities between all four, they are considered different processes.

Once the draft for any given year has concluded the "draft process" also concludes and the remaining 100's of players that declared for the draft but were not drafted cease being a part of any draft process.

Effectively, these players now become part of the UDFA process and will have to enter the NFL through the [UD] FA process, not the draft process because the draft process ends when Mr. Irrelevant has been selected.

I hope that helps - if not, oh well we tried.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep, I can think of only four ways to enter the NFL

1) Declare for the NFL draft, become drafted and enter the NFL as a "Drafted Rookie"
2) Declare for the NFL draft don't become drafted and enter the NFL as a "Rookie Free Agent" [UDFA]
3) Declare for the Supplemental Draft and become drafted in the supplemental draft
4) Declare for either of the NFL drafts or not, don't become drafted, request or show up for an open try-out, and enter the NFL as a walk-on FA.

I can't think of another way or ways to enter the NFL - maybe someone else can. As for the processes, although there are similarities between all four, they are considered different processes.

Once the draft for any given year has concluded the "draft process" also concludes and the remaining 100's of players that declared for the draft but were not drafted cease being a part of any draft process.

Effectively, these players now become part of the UDFA process and will have to enter the NFL through the [UD] FA process, not the draft process because the draft process ends when Mr. Irrelevant has been selected.

I hope that helps - if not, oh well we tried.

yeah, we're good.

earlier, wasn't sure you quite got my question...........entering the NFL without going thru the draft? but now we're on the same page.

btw - don't recall what got me asking this question in the first place? something about how Mathieu was going to pick his NFL team, or something that affect? anyways, not a big deal cause we don't pick high enough.