• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tye McGinn Loaned To Phantoms

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He leads the team in goals but I can see why the move was made - Scott Hartnell plays a similar game, more so than Michael Raffl, so this explains the move

Last edited by a moderator:

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought McGinn had really turned a corner. Unfortunately, he played lazy or had his feelings hurt being demoted to the 4th line and did virtually nothing last night. I rooted for him and I have to agree with Berube to send him down. I know they have to make room for Hartnell,(Who I wish they would trade) but he has to light a fire and get it going.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I was hearing, I didn't expect Hartnell to be back for awhile yet, so this is great news.

There's been a lot of talk here obviously about our team not having that one, true sniper. Well, it's easy to forget that Hartnell was exactly that in the last full Nhl season that was played. In '11-'12, he amassed 37 goals, which was good enough to tie for 6th overall in goal scoring with the likes of Kovalchuk, Kessel and Perry (only 1 goal less than OV). His 16 power play goals ranked second only to Neal and his shooting percentage of 15.9% was higher than that of everyone who scored as many goals as him, minus some guy named Stamkos, who netted 60.

Hartnell was a true sniper then without question and he still can be once he's 100% healthy and on his game.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell is needed big time.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the PP re-ignites with him because he can do the simple things and just get the puck on net, etc

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he leads the team in goals it doesn't make sense to take him off the team IMO. Biggest problem with the Flyers is that they can't score goals.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he leads the team in goals it doesn't make sense to take him off the team IMO. Biggest problem with the Flyers is that they can't score goals.
He had three goals, but two were tip-ins and he was awful the last two games - plus Scott Hartnell will replace what Tye McGinn is doing in terms of his net front presence and the type of game they play - they need Michael Raffl's speed on the 4th line - Tye McGinn can't play 4th line - there's other things to this move than what you guys realize/understand - don't just look at the score sheet

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think looking at the score sheet is important when the team can't score more than 2 goals in any of the games this year. At least McGinn has shown he could put the puck in the net. Getting rid of him won't make them a better team, if anything it will make them worse.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think looking at the score sheet is important when the team can't score more than 2 goals in any of the games this year. At least McGinn has shown he could put the puck in the net. Getting rid of him won't make them a better team, if anything it will make them worse.
Really? Are you serious? If Tye McGinn was that good he would not have been put on the 4th line for his shitty play the last two games - if the Flyers are relying on Tye McGinn they're screwed - he's not more important than any one player on the team

Look at Michael Raffl - he doesn't have a goal but he's played much more consistent the last few games - and Tye McGinn scored all three of his goals in Flyers LOSSES, so it is not as if he contributed to them winning any games, so that alone should not make it seem as if he's that important

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tye McGinn is playing so bad, what does that say about Claude Giroux?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tye McGinn is playing so bad, what does that say about Claude Giroux?
Claude Giroux has three assists in his last four games, and he's clearly way more talented than Tye McGinn - are you seriously over rating Tye McGinn?

Goodness, this much talk about an NHL player that's been sent down numerous times in the last year or so

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux has three assists in his last four games, and he's clearly way more talented than Tye McGinn - are you seriously over rating Tye McGinn?

Goodness, this much talk about an NHL player that's been sent down numerous times in the last year or so

Those 3 assists all took place in losses. If you're going to discount Tye McGinn's 3 goals for taking place in losses then the same could be said about Claude Giroux's assists. In other words, Giroux is not contributing to the success of the team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcginn is not and will not be a bona-fide goal scorer in the nhl. He's a fringe nhl player that can provide a spark. It is what it is. He's been fantastic in his nhl work to this point and I hope he finds a steady nhl job some day. But if it's on the flyers, as a top 9 guy, the flyers have serious problems. He may be leading the flyers in goals, but it's also just 3 goals. For all we know 4 guys could pass him tomorrow if the flyers have a breakout game.

Raffl brings more to the table in terms of creativity, speed, and defense.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good article at bleacher report as to why McGinn. I would have sent someone else but I am ready to get younger. Now if we only had some young players.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to McGinn, he wasn't and isn't going to lead the team in goals for long. If anything, this move just reiterates the confidence that the Flyers have in their regular goal scorers, who have all put up 20-30 or more goals at the Nhl level, something McGinn may never do. His three goals were nice, but they were more of a fluke than a trend.

Time for Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Lecavalier, Timonen, Streit and company to step up to the plate offensively.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple they look at McGinn as a top 2 line guy as his D isn't up to snuff yet so with Harts back he's bumped. Raffl can play D so he stays. Either way McGinn shows promise if he ever comes close to Tocchet I will be pumped! Man I loved that guy.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the logic of sending your leading goal scorer to the minors. That just seems silly, especially if you're struggling to score goals. Oh well, I guess McGinn and his team leading 3 goals somehow holds the team back.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the logic of sending your leading goal scorer to the minors. That just seems silly, especially if you're struggling to score goals. Oh well, I guess McGinn and his team leading 3 goals somehow holds the team back.

Actually, that's now Lecavalier with 4. :lol:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should send Vinny down to Adirondack.

You're missing the point. It may not have looked like it through the first nine games, but this team is very deep offensively. There's not even any room for McGinn on a scoring line when our top nine forwards are healthy, which they now are. His role of a scoring power forward is already filled on each of the top three lines (Hartnell, Schenn and Simmonds).

Besides, McGinn is better suited on the top line of the Phantoms than the third or fourth line of the Flyers and it would make zero sense to bench a regular like Hartnell (who has scored 37) or Simmonds (averaging 28 with the Flyers) for a guy who has a whole 6 goals and 22 games of Nhl experience. I could go on forever with this. McGinn was a nice spark for a brief moment, but he's just a temporary fix, not the solution.