• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ty Law

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player but this guy lost me 15 years ago, I can't take anything he says or does as genuine...no matter what he says, his actions have aleays proven that he's strictly in the business of what's best for Ty Law. This just reads as a PR stunt to improve his HOF chances to me.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player but this guy lost me 15 years ago, I can't take anything he says or does as genuine...no matter what he says, his actions have aleays proven that he's strictly in the business of what's best for Ty Law. This just reads as a PR stunt to improve his HOF chances to me.

What did he do 15 years ago?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you bothered he maximized his earning potential?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...what did he do?
I mean do you hold a grudge against every former Pat player that went on to play for someone else?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do 15 years ago?
He signed a contract extension and then spent most of the ensuing time trying to shoot his way out of town and crying about being treated unfairly (asking to be put on the Texans expansion list, "gotta feed my kids," the ridiculous police chase in Florida, etc.). And now he likes to act like he's always been a part of the Patriots family because it plays well with his media efforts...f you, fraud.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...what did he do?
I mean do you hold a grudge against every former Pat player that went on to play for someone else?
No, just the phony ones that acted like assclowns about it then and now try to act like none of that shit happened.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a contract extension and then spent most of the ensuing time trying to shoot his way out of town and crying about being treated unfairly (asking to be put on the Texans expansion list, "gotta feed my kids," the ridiculous police chase in Florida, etc.). And now he likes to act like he's always been a part of the Patriots family because it plays well with his media efforts...f you, fraud.

Sounds like he and the Patriots have moved on. You guys have done well for yourselves. Move on, Bro.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you bothered he maximized his earning potential?
Anybody who knows me or pays even a little bit of attention to my posts knows I'm a firm believer in players maximizing their earning potential...but there's still a right way and a wrong way to go about it.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Ty Law moment

miracle_at_michigan.jpg_793b40ebceea694317d38eee7406a184

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who knows me or pays even a little bit of attention to my posts knows I'm a firm believer in players maximizing their earning potential...but there's still a right way and a wrong way to go about it.
We all feel things and recall things or interpret things at a given time differently. Not that you need my approval but I agree your sentiment is valid.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Law is also trying to get into television and he's has an extremely hard time even getting an interview. There's more to this than we know. Ty made made some bitter enemies before and after he left the Patriots.

God's honest truth..............

I had a weekly Monday Night Sports Talk Show with a friend of mine in 1994 and 1995. We were on from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on a tiny little station in Milford, NH. In 1995 we were given a space on Radio Row at Shaeffer Stadium. Before we went I worked my ass off doing a First Round prediction of what every team would do and who they would draft.

Believe it or not, I had my sheet on a clipboard and a few guys asked if they could have a copy and would give me credit for anything they used. Stacey James (Patriots Public Relations VP) stopped by for an interview and took a copy with him when he left. I had Ty Law as the Patriots pick and everyone on Radio Row came by to congradulate me because I had 9 picks correct and got three trades dead on. About two hours after the Patriots had made Law their pick, another Patriot official stopped by for an interview and to talk to me about my pick list. Every person on the floor, Radio and TV came over with microphones in their hands the guy stood up and said he was here to talk to ME and that he would have a press conference as soon as he was done with me! I interviewed and had a short walk with the Patriots Head Coach Bill Parcells. All he wanted to know was how the hell I ever thought that he would be picking Ty Law. He was imposing and funny at the same time. I still have the pictures.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Law is also trying to get into television and he's has an extremely hard time even getting an interview. There's more to this than we know. Ty made made some bitter enemies before and after he left the Patriots.

God's honest truth..............

I had a weekly Monday Night Sports Talk Show with a friend of mine in 1994 and 1995. We were on from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on a tiny little station in Milford, NH. In 1995 we were given a space on Radio Row at Shaeffer Stadium. Before we went I worked my ass off doing a First Round prediction of what every team would do and who they would draft.

Believe it or not, I had my sheet on a clipboard and a few guys asked if they could have a copy and would give me credit for anything they used. Stacey James (Patriots Public Relations VP) stopped by for an interview and took a copy with him when he left. I had Ty Law as the Patriots pick and everyone on Radio Row came by to congradulate me because I had 9 picks correct and got three trades dead on. About two hours after the Patriots had made Law their pick, another Patriot official stopped by for an interview and to talk to me about my pick list. Every person on the floor, Radio and TV came over with microphones in their hands the guy stood up and said he was here to talk to ME and that he would have a press conference as soon as he was done with me! I interviewed and had a short walk with the Patriots Head Coach Bill Parcells. All he wanted to know was how the hell I ever thought that he would be picking Ty Law. He was imposing and funny at the same time. I still have the pictures.
What was your answer to Parcells?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your answer to Parcells?

Cornerback was the biggest need in my opinion and Law was the best available according to all of the stats and the couple of times I'd seen him on TV. Parcells said that biggest need was an attitude change that the team would get in camp. He said that once they got a taste of winning, they'd never want to lose again.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Ty didn't translate that well and instead once he got a taste for whining he wouldn;'t stop whining. :) To his credit, he got his money and I never really saw it as a distraction. Instead it set the precedent for the team first process they engaged in since BB started. Actually, it was Malloy who set the precedent, but with Ty the solidified it.