• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two thoughts from the Red Wings game

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It's nice to finally be the team that gets that late goal to win. What does that make the Devils? 1-50 in those situations?

2. Marty just looks really slow at times. Almost painful to watch.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. It's nice to finally be the team that gets that late goal to win. What does that make the Devils? 1-50 in those situations?

2. Marty just looks really slow at times. Almost painful to watch.

He's always been a slow mover. The 3rd goal really hurt, pretty soft. I thought he made enough saves to win. We took some really idiotic penalties along the boards tonight which led to two Detroit goals.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, we didn't play anywhere near as well as we did against SJ I thought. But it doesn't matter. Got the W and didn't give Detroit an extra point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE WIN

Cant tell me the crowd didnt play a big part in tonight win. Im sure it gives the team an extra boost in these kinda games. After the Zajac goal it looked like the place was rockin. And then of course the explosion at the end.

Marty didnt play great but he played as well as expected. He made 2 saves when the game was 2-1 that if they went in might've been the game. Also the positioning by Sal on Franzen's 2nd goal was atrocious.

Im hoping for a solid move tomorrow.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the 3rd goal a deflection?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i gotta say i was at the game last night the crowd was big and into it. kinda reminded me of 2 years ago with parise and kovy in the building. having the wings in the building doesn't hurt either.

anyway it was a solid win huge late goal like the op said its finally nice to get that 1 for us. what i find funny is that they had gionta zubrus and i think jagr out there with fayne and someone else. thats our go to line in the final min to get a goal? yikes!

also as for marty he made some big saves but the 2nd goal i thought he was slow on getting over post to post. it wasn't as bang bang a play as you thought. the guy passed it from behind the goal line to the top of the other circle. he should have enough time to get over.

the 3rd goal through the five hole was a bit soft too. there was another time in the game during the second period where he made a save from the circle and the puck was stopped UNDER his pad meaning he just got it down in time before it beat him five hole again.

nice to have some luck too on that devils 2nd goal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the 3rd goal a deflection?

Didnt notice it at first glance but I see that Bertuzzi got credit for the goal so it must've grazed him. That play was all Franzen though. Which would be fine if he wasnt the only guy on the team last night with any above average skill. But somehow he was able to dance in front of the net and get off a great shot off. Untouched.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went in off his skate as he was positioning himself to continue the screen. Not a weak goal at all

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game, great win. Defense is still sloppy. I would love for the devils to go after Vanek from the Islanders.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to the D we Det did score 2 PP Goals. One was on Marty.