• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Thoughts From The Bucs Game

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Game ball to the offensive line

2. Strange as it sounds to say, the one person the team cannot afford to lose is Alex Smith.

I'd have say, Jim Harbaugh is the one person the team can't afford to lose.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd have say, Jim Harbaugh is the one person the team can't afford to lose.

I will say this for him, he opened up the playbook toda with some very imaginative formations and plays. He is growing on me. Seems he has brought a standard of acceptability here and a sense of accountability.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Game ball to the offensive line

2. Strange as it sounds to say, the one person the team cannot afford to lose is Alex Smith.

How about that o-line? First 3.5 games and they could do nothing. Last 1.5 and they have dominated.

Alex is easily the offensive MVP right now. He has been solid to really good every game. It will be very interesting to watch this team if the ol continues to pass block after they get Edwards back.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree really needs to step up now

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It hasn't been mentioned much if at all but I was pleased with the lack of penalties in this game especially with the offensive line.

This was the first game we didn't really hurt ourselves with stupid penalties and I hope it continues to carry over next week.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya isn't it amazing how much better an offense looks when the line isn't inept?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
.. On a negative note... Obscured by the dominating performance is a not so little stat that could prove bothersome in the long run if the Niners do not address it properly... That stat is the 3rd down efficiency...The Niners were only able to convert 2-7... Akers kicked 3 FG's tries (One was taken back because of a Buc 15 yard penalty resulting to a 1st down)... The Niners went for it on 4 and 2 late in the fourth... And they punted on one of the failed 3rd down conversions... Does not seem to matter during the 48-3 win but down the road, the inability to convert on 3rd down could be costly...

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will say this for him, he opened up the playbook toda with some very imaginative formations and plays. He is growing on me. Seems he has brought a standard of acceptability here and a sense of accountability.

They really do have a huge playbook. I love it when an offense does these two things in unison.......1. have so many different plays that it never seems like you're seeing the same thing twice, then 2. once you have a comfortable lead, be able to run the same exact look and play over and over again like they did with the 3 TE set and just destroy the other team's will. Its like they're winning both mentally then physically.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about that o-line? First 3.5 games and they could do nothing. Last 1.5 and they have dominated.

Alex is easily the offensive MVP right now. He has been solid to really good every game. It will be very interesting to watch this team if the ol continues to pass block after they get Edwards back.

I like how the line is jelling as well. What an outstanding effort by them both on the run and the pass.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It hasn't been mentioned much if at all but I was pleased with the lack of penalties in this game especially with the offensive line.

This was the first game we didn't really hurt ourselves with stupid penalties and I hope it continues to carry over next week.

good point!

two weeks ago it was 12 penalties and last week it was 5, didn't look it up but think yesterday was 4? if not 4, it wasn't much.

agree, when the offensive line doesn't incur holding penalties, its huge.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed. Especially the dumb penalties. No sacks and opened up nice holes for Gore and Hunter.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They really do have a huge playbook. I love it when an offense does these two things in unison.......1. have so many different plays that it never seems like you're seeing the same thing twice, then 2. once you have a comfortable lead, be able to run the same exact look and play over and over again like they did with the 3 TE set and just destroy the other team's will. Its like they're winning both mentally then physically.

I think Frank Gore said it best: "We were able to do what we wanted to do". I've been saying that when the Niner offense gets to the point that they are dictating, through personnel and formation, what the Defense does instead of letting the Defense dictate to them what plays they can run, they'll be a tough team. Sunday they did that.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Frank Gore said it best: "We were able to do what we wanted to do". I've been saying that when the Niner offense gets to the point that they are dictating, through personnel and formation, what the Defense does instead of letting the Defense dictate to them what plays they can run, they'll be a tough team. Sunday they did that.

I would imagine yesterday, at moments, had a nostalgic feeling to it.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes it did. I was telling my wife that I had not seen a game like this since the 90s. And the crowd was actually upset when they pulled Alex Smith. Now that is a switch.

I had wondered if Harbaugh had pulled Smith in the middle of a drive if he would have received a standing 'oh'?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had wondered if Harbaugh had pulled Smith in the middle of a drive if he would have received a standing 'oh'?

I don't know. I think most fans are still a little skeptical of Smith. He made a couple of funny throws yesterday but the first TD to Walker was pretty and he threw some nice balls on crossing routes as well. he doesn't get sacked or throw INTs either. I hope the fans get behind him.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know. I think most fans are still a little skeptical of Smith. He made a couple of funny throws yesterday but the first TD to Walker was pretty and he threw some nice balls on crossing routes as well. he doesn't get sacked or throw INTs either. I hope the fans get behind him.

Too soon?...Hahaha!!

Yeah, the pass to Walker was outstanding. Overall, I think Alex is earning some fan appreciation points thus far.