• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twins Off Season Commentary

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no secret where the Twins currently sit. They need to cash in big and land some prospects to start planing for the future.

I think the future is now, we don't have a bunch of stars at Rochester and Chattanooga waiting to come up, the future is on the big league club, I would love to see them move Dozier and get a really good starting pitcher. As my sig says 34 days until pitchers and catchers report and it looks as if we are going into the season with the same guys. Santana, Duffey, Gibson, Hughes, Berrios, Santiago. I don't know about y'all but that doesn't scream turn around season to me...

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone exactly has lofty hopes for this season after last season. It was a rough one and left everyone with a pretty bad taste in their mouth. I would have to say that it did come with some pretty damn tough luck and hopefully it does not go down that road again. If they can at least just show up they will easily end with a better record. Not winning the division but who knows, maybe they get an outside shot at a WC spot. Even so the competition waiting for them will most likely knock them out pretty quick. The rotation is still questionable and all those guys need to take a step forward for this team to be taken seriously. The bullpen? Who fuckin' knows... lol It needs work. I think we have a decent lineup of hitters but if the big hitting drought strikes again... look out.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletics To Sign Trevor Plouffe
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/01/athletics-to-sign-trevor-plouffe.html
Bye Bye Plouffe, it's been real.

I like him as a player but they should have traded him a couple years ago. I remember hoping that they would strike a deal with the Mets who needed 3B help due to the often injured David Wright. The Mets usually tend to have a pretty good farm system and probably would have parted with a player or two for him when his value was up. Now he walks for nothing. Bummer, man...