• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tua Tagovailoa era in Cincinnati? ...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something odd happens between now and the draft, I think Joe Burrow will be the pick. And this would be the right pick for the Bengals.... Though, for our sakes, I hope he's good.... Because Chase Young is going to be an absolute beast in the NFL. And I say that as a guy who really hates OSU.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thought about this for now.

For those that suggest we should take Young and worry about a qb later...... Watch the Bears play. It's great to have a game changer like Mack, but until you have a qb, you won't win anything in this league.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade our 2021 and 2022 1st round picks plus a few other 2020 picks (3rd and 4th round) for the #2 overall pick as well and just draft both.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best move may be to trade back for a haul of draft picks and still get a top player.
No way they do that though.
Does it feel certain that Dalton is done in Cincy after this season? He's under contract for 1 more season. It is almost a $18 million cap hit. I don't see much trade value. They may have to just cut him. Finley doesn't seem to be the answer, so drafting the next QB seems almost certain.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade our 2021 and 2022 1st round picks plus a few other 2020 picks (3rd and 4th round) for the #2 overall pick as well and just draft both.

I would be ok with this

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best move may be to trade back for a haul of draft picks and still get a top player.
No way they do that though.
Does it feel certain that Dalton is done in Cincy after this season? He's under contract for 1 more season. It is almost a $18 million cap hit. I don't see much trade value. They may have to just cut him. Finley doesn't seem to be the answer, so drafting the next QB seems almost certain.

Its no cap hit. Dalton can be cut at any time with no cap consequences. All the guaranteed money was frontloaded early in his deal. As bad as the Bengals are at acquiring talent, they sometimes write good contracts.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington can't do it. Danny is having as much trouble selling seats as Mike Brown. I think the Skins will be glad to take Chase Young, hope Haskins develops and have a cornerstone on each side of the ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all the hype about this guy? A year or so ago, lots of people were saying he was the best overall talent at the position. What's the knock on him?

Inconsistency seems to be dogging him.

With Tua now dropping out of the top 5 or 10 picks...with 3 1st round picks, if this injury is slated to be healed enough for him to throw next spring, I expect the Dolphins will use HOU's or PIT's 1st rd pick to take the QB....I think Joe Burrow might be the guy in CIN if they don't take Hebert. IMO whomever takes Hebert needs to invest in OL to help get the max results from his potential.

Tua...this is going to be an interesting pick even before the injury. If there is a player in the NFL that kinda matches up with his skillset to me is Baker Mayfield...similar size, has the arm, he's mobile , but not a Lamar Jackson type runner.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless his legs and/or arms get ripped off sometime between now and the draft, Young has to be the pick. Not only is he an athletic freak, but he has a pedigree. Joey and Nick Bosa are both monsters right now. Ohio State is just cranking out QB killer after QB killer. You can't pass on a talent like that for someone that is going to be murdered on the field behind this shitty line.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One more thought about this for now.

For those that suggest we should take Young and worry about a qb later...... Watch the Bears play. It's great to have a game changer like Mack, but until you have a qb, you won't win anything in this league.

But the thing here is that Tribusky himself was a number 2 overall pick the Bears traded up for and Mack was a top 5 pick in his draft with the QB picked ahead of him being Blake Bortles.

So you have to take a franchise QB over anything if one is on the board but you can't pass up on a HOF pass rusher over a subpar starting QB.

I know Im stating the obvious but the Mike Brown led Bengals braintrust need to get his one right.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its no cap hit. Dalton can be cut at any time with no cap consequences. All the guaranteed money was frontloaded early in his deal. As bad as the Bengals are at acquiring talent, they sometimes write good contracts.
I meant a cap it if they keep him. So is Dalton being gone a certainty? If so, they have to take a QB #1. If they think they will go with him another year, they can take young.
The talk is fun, but I don't think there is any chance Cincy doesn't take a QB.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the thing here is that Tribusky himself was a number 2 overall pick the Bears traded up for and Mack was a top 5 pick in his draft with the QB picked ahead of him being Blake Bortles.

So you have to take a franchise QB over anything if one is on the board but you can't pass up on a HOF pass rusher over a subpar starting QB.

I know Im stating the obvious but the Mike Brown led Bengals braintrust need to get his one right.

I see the logic and I thin Young is as much a can't miss prospect that has ever existed.... But, if you don't have a qb and you do have a top 5 qb, and you have a chance at the year's top qb, I think you have to take him. I guess we could get into a bigger discussion on whether Burrow is a can't miss type prospect or simply the best of an average group.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless his legs and/or arms get ripped off sometime between now and the draft, Young has to be the pick. Not only is he an athletic freak, but he has a pedigree. Joey and Nick Bosa are both monsters right now. Ohio State is just cranking out QB killer after QB killer. You can't pass on a talent like that for someone that is going to be murdered on the field behind this shitty line.

If they keep Dalton...that pick makes sense.

Or spends some FA on Bridgewater, that pick makes sense.

But they can't draft a DE and let Dalton go unless they're willing to roll the dice on a QB in the 2nd round.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just so much that needed to be done to really get this team in position to make the most of the next 2 years.

They should have traded: Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap, Kirkpatrick while they could. Get what you can for them.

Use the draft on Burrows, and find young/fast LB's and DB's for today's NFL - use F/A to solidify the OL/DL lines adding a legit TE option and 3rd WR behind Boyd and Tate.

Use the year to build - and then enter the next draft with eyes on adding more speed at WR, TE, and defense - while filling the gaps again with F/A.

The key, really, being that they need help NOW on the OL lines - that kind of help comes from being willing to spend a little on that position in F/A. But the defense is SLOW and built like an 80's/90's defense. They need more speed across the board. Hubbard and Lawson have been good (Lawson when healthy) but they could use younger DT's, LB's and DB's across the board.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is priority 1
OL improvement is priority 2, so that you can protect priority 1.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just so much that needed to be done to really get this team in position to make the most of the next 2 years.

They should have traded: Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap, Kirkpatrick while they could. Get what you can for them.

Use the draft on Burrows, and find young/fast LB's and DB's for today's NFL - use F/A to solidify the OL/DL lines adding a legit TE option and 3rd WR behind Boyd and Tate.

Use the year to build - and then enter the next draft with eyes on adding more speed at WR, TE, and defense - while filling the gaps again with F/A.

The key, really, being that they need help NOW on the OL lines - that kind of help comes from being willing to spend a little on that position in F/A. But the defense is SLOW and built like an 80's/90's defense. They need more speed across the board. Hubbard and Lawson have been good (Lawson when healthy) but they could use younger DT's, LB's and DB's across the board.

The Bengals and Steelers share a trait that NE couldn't care less about...retaining star players beyond their prime because the team drafted them.

Your post is spot on...all of the players you mentioned have something left, but they won't have enough left to be impact players when the rest of the team around them is good enough to compete in the postseason.

They get the big OT draft pick back next yr, that's a huge boost. The QB situation could ignite quickly with this draft pick, such as Mahomes in KC, but the norm is a slower learning curve...bottomline, it's time to rebuild in Cincy and you don't do that with 30+ y/o DL like Dunlap and Atkins.