• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TSN MacKenzie Says Kings Interested in Sam Gagner

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would hate to lose Greene, but he can't stay healthy and he's a UFA

OR Defensive forward... Stoll :yo: Muzzin and Stoll

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I am not sure why you would pick up Gagner for a guy like Greene, creates a problem and doesn't really address one.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were trying to showcase Muzzin all year, but he foiled every attempt

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I am not sure why you would pick up Gagner for a guy like Greene, creates a problem and doesn't really address one.

No... I'm sorry, I didn't mean Gagner even though that's the thread title. duh

I'm talkin' a trade in general

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sad is that Gagner once scored more points in one game vs the hawks than the kings have all 3 games this year. That's the good news. What I don't understand about this trade is that the Kings need another center like I need another hole in my head. I know he can play right wing but what the team needs is a left wing.

I have a feeling there is more to this trade than meets the eye. I hope this doesn't involve a trade with Richards as part of the deal. I know he's not scoring much now but that would be a backwards trade.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were trying to showcase Muzzin all year, but he foiled every attempt

X, put the Hamburglar's Zorro mask on a mug of Muffin's. Pretty much sums up how I feel about him - creepy yet harmless, possesses tools but is useless.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love the twitter world
Quick and Richards for the Oilers top line.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love the twitter world
Quick and Richards for the Oilers top line.

:10: on the stupid factor. Bravo.

Perusing and saw this somewhere:

If the Oilers were going to take an NHL playe back like, say, Jake Muzzin, who has been playing in the Kings top 4 for much of the last two seasons. Muzzin is young, fits into the Oilers age cluster and is on a very attractive contract for at least one more season, which mitigates at least one of the two seasons the Oilers would still be paying Gagner. If the Oilers acquired Muzzin and he was able to come in and play at a level similar to what he has in LA, that is a scenario that likely plays out well for Edmonton.

He's all yours, Oil Country. No, really. Please, I insist. He will perform PHENOMENALLY for you. There will be no head scratching passes, he will clean the crease out and anyone who hits his 6'3"/220 pound frame will bounce off like a booger.

I need to read up on the CBA more, I just remembered under the new one there is now the Retained Salary option - if the Kings trade for Gagne and it's agreed upon by LA and Edmonton, Gagne could cost as little as $2.4 million per season for the remainder of his contract.

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take it for what it's worth....

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two earlier tweets stating Clifford would be part of the expected return and a 2nd or possibly 1st round pick as well. My choice would be Muzzin and Clifford straight up.

Salary is a sticking point, the Oilers would most likely need to retain some of Gagner's, which means for sure the Kings need to sweeten the pot.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing one of Clifford/Muzzin/AMart plus a pick
I dont think the Kings can give up two players for one due to injuries.
What i dont want to see if TT go the other way. Giving up the future for a deal that is really just a shake up is not a good idea

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is purely a pipedream but I would target David Perron. He is EXACTLY what we need. Let's go Deano get-r-dun!

To LAK: David Perron

To: EDM: Kyle Clifford, Jake Muzzin, Matt Frattin and a mid-round pick.

A guy can wish can't he?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't "bigmouthbarry" the former "Dancing Boy" aka CBGB of LGK fame? If that's so then that info is worth pretty much nothing.

Ox

I think Dancing Douche re-Tweeted (WTF - I don't even have a Twitter account, I think it's one of the dumbest things ever. Only 16% of Americans use it, and of those 16% about 99% of that are celebs and athletes. Useless) because I have seen the tweets that originated from some guy who is part of the Oilers' radio team I think.

MacKenzie also confirmed he has heard the wheels have sped up on this deal a bit the last little while through his sources.

I'm pretty sure it's going to happen before tomorrow so that Gagner can get a two-week informal adjustment period in while the league is off so he is up to speed (somewhat) when the NHL resumes after Sochi.

Very rarely does a player who is traded fit right into the new team - we've seen it a ton with LA, the guys who come over rarely have an impact sans Carter (Jeff, not Anson - he just sucked ass) - so I think the Kings will want to get him here ASAP to settle in, know LA a little, get acclimated with his new team.

With the two weeks off at least the Kings aren't losing any more games while doing so.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is purely a pipedream but I would target David Perron. He is EXACTLY what we need. Let's go Deano get-r-dun!

To LAK: David Perron

To: EDM: Kyle Clifford, Jake Muzzin, Matt Frattin and a mid-round pick.

A guy can wish can't he?

Perron is having a career year in Edmonton (I have him in the FHL too) but I think he is also the beneficiary of not playing in a defensively stifling system too like he was in in St. Louis. I don't think he would replicate that success here since the Blues and Kings are very similar teams.

Perron is also injury prone, and in his last two seasons in St. Louis he was under the gun a bit from Hitchcock from time to time for his effort. Injuries are the biggest thing though, he is highly skilled and has a little bit of a mean streak to him too.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Montreal Canadiens have acquired forward Robert Czarnik from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Steve Quailer. TSN

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Montreal Canadiens have acquired forward Robert Czarnik from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Steve Quailer. TSN

We must have read the same story at about the same time. I just put up a new thread on it.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must have read the same story at about the same time. I just put up a new thread on it.

Ox

Ox
Tickets mailed today, look for a white and black envolope
The wife included a picture or Jack Johnson. For some reason she thought it was funny

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks to Perron. Dude is a clown and is too undisciplined. He reminds me of Vancouver in that he would rather mix it up and take dumb penalties than make the right play to win. Also, with the little chicken shit plays like falling on goaltenders etc.

Puck is right, it is no coincidence that this dude is having a career year on a team with no Defense. We would pay high and he would fall flat if he came to LA.

I said it before, but I see the Kings needing a top 4 defenseman more than a forward (Even though they do need a forward). If the Kings could break out of their zone more cleanly and get the puck up to their forwards more efficiently, I think that would go a long way to getting more goals. The Kings already need to activate their D more, and a solid defenseman would help drastically with that. You watch Chicago and Anaheim lately and they play as a 5 man unit, unlike the Kings who attack with 3 and defend with 5.

*Kings got hustled by the salary cap reduction last year and if it goes back up next year, I think the missing pieces are added in the offseason.