• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TSN article off season plan

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well teams right now are free to talk to UFA just not contract and stuff which we all know is happening anyway. chances are callahan didn't get as many phone calls.

it had to be the years with the rangers that were the hang up. i mean he might have a lot of miles on that body with all those shot blocks and playing hard every game.

same goes with marty i wonder if he got any calls. if he did i hope he realizes that the team calling him is maybe more interested in profiting from his "fair well" season then his actual play?

i also agree vanek and stasny shouldn't be getting that type of cash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was the years with the Rangers then thats garbage. They have zero problem giving other teams players insane amount of years but cant take care of their own players? Own captain really.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing with AV as the coach he probably has a certain gameplan/direction in mind that Callahan and Richards don't really fit into.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa Kings just signed Gaborik to a 7 year deal..

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a reasonable cap hit for Gaborik, so if he retires the hit comes off the books since he's under 35.

Apparently the Oilers are one of several teams talking to Mark Fayne, solid move if they make it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it's a reasonable cap hit for Gaborik, so if he retires the hit comes off the books since he's under 35.

Apparently the Oilers are one of several teams talking to Mark Fayne, solid move if they make it.

im not big on fayne but i would rather him over volchenkov.

whats funny about gaborik signing? if he played here he would've tested the market. good job louie!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im not big on fayne but i would rather him over volchenkov.

whats funny about gaborik signing? if he played here he would've tested the market. good job louie!

Gaborik did test the market though. 3 days ago the reported deal on the table for Gaborik was 3 yr/5.5 per season. Obviously he talked to some teams then went back to Lombardi.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mother fucking great...

say Fayne signs with the Oilers... WE COULDN"T FUCKING TRADED HIM there???

is it 2016 yet?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we wait until after the dust settles before we start hitting the panic button? C'mon guys, relax. Wait until after the draft, wait until after free agency. Am I just a really calm person or are you guys turning mental on me?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
another ufa is let walk for nothing

i really dont know why we couldn't move him at the deadline if the plan was to lose him at ufa for nothing.

i'm calm too im just bored right now at work and im pissed at how things are going so far

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am pretty calm at the moment. I don't expect this team to do much this offseason. There really aren't a ton of options.

Lou never ever announces or hints what he will do so I just accept that. Not like he will change.

Regarding Fayne, I have liked him more and more. He is steady and a solid 2nd pairing guy. Much rather have him over Sal or Volchenkov.

I do not agree with this team going into next season with pretty much the same 8 defensemen.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The team not being sellers at the deadline sucks by the way. Would be great to have a few extra picks.
That was a mistake. A few of us were hoping to sell.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fayne is a solid player but we've all been calling for the logjam on D to be cleared. Brining Fayne back just takes playing time away from a younger player. We need the cap room.

We don't know if we're going in with the same D. Draft day is usually a big trade day so we'll see if anything happens. Not sure how much of a return we would've gotten for an at best 2nd pairing, realistically a 3rd pairing d-man with an expiring contract.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we wait until after the dust settles before we start hitting the panic button? C'mon guys, relax. Wait until after the draft, wait until after free agency. Am I just a really calm person or are you guys turning mental on me?

I'm calm before I read Devils news lol :suds:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just realized Volchenkov is our highest paid Dman and Sal is our 2nd.
Its the 2 guys we probably all agree we would rather want gone.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Ryan Kesler is all but gone from Vancouver. They apparently are finalizing a deal and he could be traded before the draft even starts. Whatever team it is both sides have been silent. Maybe???...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler's heading to either the Hawks or Ducks..rich get richer.

Flyers are a darkhorse though. Teams that host the draft usually do something big.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mother fucking great...

say Fayne signs with the Oilers... WE COULDN"T FUCKING TRADED HIM there???

is it 2016 yet?

Kesler's heading to either the Hawks or Ducks..rich get richer.

Flyers are a darkhorse though. Teams that host the draft usually do something big.

ducks are smart. they trade a goalie they didn't need to edmonton for 2 draft picks. they get rid of ryan who they couldn't keep and knew it. so they get a legit prospect in silverberg and the sens #1 which is at #10 this year. that will probably be included in any trades for kessler.

i know hiller isn't a GREAT goalie but he is a very very very solid #1 goalie and they are just letting him walk.

just think for a second how much further along this team would be right now how much more talent we might have in albany if lou shipped off some assests instead of adding at the deadline. just fucking seriously pisses me off. easily could've got a 2nd for zid last year and possibly a 1st for jagr. probably a 1st for clarkson the year before at worst a 2nd. hell the leafs probably would've given up their 1st to land him when they played the bruins 2 years ago.

instead we are picking 30th have to so so prospects in albany boucher and mattuea who i dont expect much from this year. thats it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be some confusion as to what the cap will look like. Some are suggesting it may not be over $70 million like originally thought. That may be something that falls under Lou's umbrella of "circumstances change" in regards to the buyout. And if that is the case there may be some firesales going on with big contract players being moved for pennies on the dollar.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There seems to be some confusion as to what the cap will look like. Some are suggesting it may not be over $70 million like originally thought. That may be something that falls under Lou's umbrella of "circumstances change" in regards to the buyout. And if that is the case there may be some firesales going on with big contract players being moved for pennies on the dollar.

When do we know the cap number? The season is over so revenues should be in by now.