• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Try not to embarrass yourselves @ Colorado

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As LHG said, Gearrin can’t get “sent down”. He is either on the active roster, DL’d or DFA’d. And he seems to be one of the “chosen ones”, so I don’t see him getting DFA’d.

I am not certain Moronta hasn’t wiggled his way to the top of the 2nd group.

Strick
Smith
Watson
Melancon
Dyson
Gearrin

Moronta
Johnson
Rodriguez
Stratton/Blach/Holland

Of the secondary group, Holland is the only one without an option. But I don’t think he is above getting DFA’d. I think Moronta and one of the current starters get the spots, given perfect health and assuming an 8-man pen.
I wouldn't assume an 8 man pen. I guess that's the difference

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't assume an 8 man pen. I guess that's the difference
Fair enough, and ultimately, I think that is what will happen. Especially with the current trend of the starters looking half-way decent.

So with the fact that Phalic is officially in the rotation right now and Blach is officially out...

Bum
JC
Sammy
Suarez
Phalic

Strick
MM
Watson
Fresh Prince
Dyson
Gearin
Moronta/Johnson/Stratton/Blach/Holland

Of the bubble guys, all but Holland have options, but I don’t think Holland will be saved by that factoid. And the righty/lefty thing is not important since we already have Smith and Watson. Blach, Stratton and Holland bring stamina, but Moronta brings “stuff” (as does Stratton). So I would think our “perfect” staff would finalize with Moronta/Stratton/Blach.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, and ultimately, I think that is what will happen. Especially with the current trend of the starters looking half-way decent.

So with the fact that Phalic is officially in the rotation right now and Blach is officially out...

Bum
JC
Sammy
Suarez
Phalic

Strick
MM
Watson
Fresh Prince
Dyson
Gearin
Moronta/Johnson/Stratton/Blach/Holland

Of the bubble guys, all but Holland have options, but I don’t think Holland will be saved by that factoid. And the righty/lefty thing is not important since we already have Smith and Watson. Blach, Stratton and Holland bring stamina, but Moronta brings “stuff” (as does Stratton). So I would think our “perfect” staff would finalize with Moronta/Stratton/Blach.
Agreed, except for the Gearrin caveat (not sure about him staying on the 40). I'd think Blach would be the long guy.