• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky is done

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly tho, if the reports have been accurate, it's really one QB being less mediocre than the other. All of us would have preferred that both were kicking ass and it's a matter of choosing between great and greater. I suspect we'll be monitoring the college QB situation all season in preparation for the '21 draft. Hope not, but I suspect we will.

Mediocre QB play would be a tangible upgrade for us. Sadly.

And yes... the only way we don't have QB in our plans for the 21 draft is if Mitch earns a new contract as the starter. Even if Foles plays well for us - he's a bit older and I think we would still bring in a understudy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre QB play would be a tangible upgrade for us. Sadly.

And yes... the only way we don't have QB in our plans for the 21 draft is if Mitch earns a new contract as the starter. Even if Foles plays well for us - he's a bit older and I think we would still bring in a understudy.
Oh definitely. No matter what, I feel the Bears will be drafting a QB next Spring. The question is which round. If neither QB proves worthy of starting again in the '21-'22 campaign, then we could very well be taking one in the 1st.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Trubisky gets the nod to start the season. The more I think about it though, the more I agree he is done. He has never shown anything special other than his scrambling ability. Foles won’t last an entire season. We need Trubisky to string together a few good starts and I think he can do it with our first four games.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy after telling the press he won't reveal our starting QB until the game.

2e2c97d37eebe5d9b4af2ea31c2c66fe.jpg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'll be disappointed if we don't get a QB to QB reception in the game. Foles to Mitch obviously, because the latter would probably blow it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly tho, if the reports have been accurate, it's really one QB being less mediocre than the other. All of us would have preferred that both were kicking ass and it's a matter of choosing between great and greater. I suspect we'll be monitoring the college QB situation all season in preparation for the '21 draft. Hope not, but I suspect we will.

Speaking of kicking what the hell is wrong with Eddie Piniero? I've never seen such a brittle kicker, a freaking kicker.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of kicking what the hell is wrong with Eddie Piniero? I've never seen such a brittle kicker, a freaking kicker.
I know, he's be a walking rx almost from the time he joined the team. He better be careful, he can be replaced.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Trubisky gets the nod to start the season. The more I think about it though, the more I agree he is done. He has never shown anything special other than his scrambling ability. Foles won’t last an entire season. We need Trubisky to string together a few good starts and I think he can do it with our first four games.

Yeah, historically speaking, neither have finished a full season. Little reason to think that both won't have to start, at one point or another.

Still, it's important who wins the job. That person is going to get extended a bit of a leash.

I actually don't know how much I like our early portion of the schedule being the easiest. With hardly any practice - those games are going to be sloppy. It's a better chance for an inferior team to steal one. As opposed to a superior team having a better chance at dominating.

Perhaps that is overthinking, though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy retraced his steps and we will know the starter early on in the week leading up to opening day. So that's nice.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy retraced his steps and we will know the starter early on in the week leading up to opening day. So that's nice.

I mean, why tip off Detroit any earlier than we have to? Preparing for Foles and Mitch is a bit different. Make them prepare for both, no?

FWIW - I can't freaking believe this is the last week before a legit "game week".

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Foles have an injury right now?

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that was Wentz....oops, nothing to see here.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, why tip off Detroit any earlier than we have to? Preparing for Foles and Mitch is a bit different. Make them prepare for both, no?

FWIW - I can't freaking believe this is the last week before a legit "game week".

I think it's more about our team preparing properly with the starter the week of. And I certainly don't think it's fair to try and have the players/coaches/staff hide it when it'll be known and obvious from practice. It's gonna leak. So why put them in that position? Just announce the starter on Mon/Tues and be done with it. If we really need that much of a leg up on the Lions, we're not that good anyway.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more about our team preparing properly with the starter the week of. And I certainly don't think it's fair to try and have the players/coaches/staff hide it when it'll be known and obvious from practice. It's gonna leak. So why put them in that position? Just announce the starter on Mon/Tues and be done with it. If we really need that much of a leg up on the Lions, we're not that good anyway.

Oh, I never assumed the team wouldn't know. I mean, teams have sort of hid stuff with injuries and mid-week depth chart moves before. Not exactly impossible. I meant so far as going national.

If we really need that much of a leg up on the Lions, we're not that good anyway

I mean, that's Jiddyism talk. Come on. It's still an NFL game (road divisional game, nonetheless) and you'd like every competitive edge you can get. Why wouldn't you want it, if you could get it? Hell, I would want it versus the worst NFL team ever to suit up. Why not?

Not to mention, the Lions have a pretty decent roster.

We should also mind the absolute fact that Week 1 with no pre-season and only 14 shortened practices is going to make Week 1 a damn free for all. In every, single, game.

I think we very well lose week 1, personally. I said the before we knew it would be a modified off-season.

I said over the early portion of the off-season that Detroit could easily be a sleeper. They were rock solid before they got hit with one of the most absurd barrages of injuries ever seen last year.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I never assumed the team wouldn't know. I mean, teams have sort of hid stuff with injuries and mid-week depth chart moves before. Not exactly impossible. I meant so far as going national.

If we really need that much of a leg up on the Lions, we're not that good anyway

I mean, that's Jiddyism talk. Come on. It's still an NFL game (road divisional game, nonetheless) and you'd like every competitive edge you can get. Why wouldn't you want it, if you could get it? Hell, I would want it versus the worst NFL team ever to suit up. Why not?

Not to mention, the Lions have a pretty decent roster.

We should also mind the absolute fact that Week 1 with no pre-season and only 14 shortened practices is going to make Week 1 a damn free for all. In every, single, game.

I think we very well lose week 1, personally. I said the before we knew it would be a modified off-season.

I said over the early portion of the off-season that Detroit could easily be a sleeper. They were rock solid before they got hit with one of the most absurd barrages of injuries ever seen last year.

If you wanna ride the Detroit Lions bandwagon...Godspeed and my condolences to you good sir. I mean, could they win one game vs us? Well yeah...Mitchell Trubisky might start for us at QB. If they get one luckbox TD it might be enough to beat us. Sad reality...but it is what it is. But are the Lions gonna be good? That's a prediction that makes "Jiddy, the Reds are gonna be good this year" look like a 1/3 bet. Lions gonna Lion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has done 100x more in his career than Trubisky could dream of.

He has three seasons that Mitch could never dream of touching. Two of them, only starting 6 and 8 games, including post-season. Just ONE of those three years alone buries Mitch.
He can bring pictures to the game and show Mitch how great he is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he still needs 5 All Pro offensive linemen, the Bears to trade for Travis Kelce, bring Payton back from the dead, clone Jerry Rice, and also see if Bill Walsh can still call plays from the afterlife.

Then Mitch will be serviceable.
Grow up. Root for your QB or fk off.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears will win with Foles. He stands in the pocket easily peering over the line and picking apart the defense to nail any open receiver. Big dick Nick can do it all! He's done it before. Wait till you see his Chicago special!