• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trivia

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using Baseball Reference, which position player, and which season did they do it in, has the highest single season WAR of all time? Don't look it up.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. What year and what was the total?

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a game of WAR taking 17 hours 35 minutes and… let’s see… 40 seconds

That was back in the summer of ’73 it was…in the heyday of the gas rationing - those damn Arabs and their oil

Disco was in full bloom, Steinbrenner brought the the Yankees for a pittance of $10 mil, and Pink Floyd release The Dark Side of the moon to the delight of Wizard of Oz fans everywhere

Anyways, that WAR game was filled with strategy and suspense on both sides…I about got a kidney infection holding in my water (and let’s be honest an awful lot of Jack D in there for flavoring) because I didn’t want to leave the action

At the end it was reminiscent of the final scene in the Good, the Bad, and the ugly (RIP Eli “Tuco” Wallach you dirty son of a bitch)

The winner laying down a suicide king - King of Diamonds - to trump a one-eyed royal - Jack of Spades

That game was the talk of the town that summer and one I haven’t forgotten to this day except it is funny… I can’t remember the contestants’ names for some odd reason but I remember the tension and the gasps and booze and ultimately the depression that set in as we all saw that damned suicide king being laid down and we all realized that the game was over

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a game of WAR taking 17 hours 35 minutes and… let’s see… 40 seconds

That was back in the summer of ’73 it was…in the heyday of the gas rationing - those damn Arabs and their oil

Disco was in full bloom, Steinbrenner brought the the Yankees for a pittance of $10 mil, and Pink Floyd release The Dark Side of the moon to the delight of Wizard of Oz fans everywhere

Anyways, that WAR game was filled with strategy and suspense on both sides…I about got a kidney infection holding in my water (and let’s be honest an awful lot of Jack D in there for flavoring) because I didn’t want to leave the action

At the end it was reminiscent of the final scene in the Good, the Bad, and the ugly (RIP Eli “Tuco” Wallach you dirty son of a bitch)

The winner laying down a suicide king - King of Diamonds - to trump a one-eyed royal - Jack of Spades

That game was the talk of the town that summer and one I haven’t forgotten to this day except it is funny… I can’t remember the contestants’ names for some odd reason but I remember the tension and the gasps and booze and ultimately the depression that set in as we all saw that damned suicide king being laid down and we all realized that the game was over

the-rock-slow-clap.gif