• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump reached a trade agreement with Mexico today, but now the relationship with Canada is unclear. Only Trump could possibly fuck up one of the most enduring, peaceable relationships along the longest border in the world.

Sorry, Canadian friends. Sane/intelligent/non-racist people do not support this fuck toilet of a President.

Sounds like our Mexican friends are smoothing the waters, eloco...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump reached a trade agreement with Mexico today, but now the relationship with Canada is unclear. Only Trump could possibly fuck up one of the most enduring, peaceable relationships along the longest border in the world.

Sorry, Canadian friends. Sane/intelligent/non-racist people do not support this fuck toilet of a President.
Canada willingly didn't participate in this round because they were on the same side as the US with regards to the topics at hand.

Trump postures in the media, obviously, but other than some minor BS (sunset clause) and some longstanding issues (the dairy industry, softwood lumber, neither of which will likely be resolved by NAFTA II anyway) I think the deal's basically done.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like our Mexican friends are smoothing the waters, eloco...

Canada willingly didn't participate in this round because they were on the same side as the US with regards to the topics at hand.

Trump postures in the media, obviously, but other than some minor BS (sunset clause) and some longstanding issues (the dairy industry, softwood lumber, neither of which will likely be resolved by NAFTA II anyway) I think the deal's basically done.

Yeah, but isn't Nieto's term done soon and the deal could collapse if Canada's response is not soon enough?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tweet sums up Trump in a nutshell...

Yup. "These deals are terrible. I'm the only one who can fix them!"

Then basically makes roughly the same deal while pissing everyone off in the process.

He gets away with it because his supporters are fucking morons. The rare Trump supporters in my Facebook feed are basically a collection of the dumbest people I went to high school with.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I send out a birthday or sympathy card to friends, I make sure to put a big picture of myself on the front.

:L

I have noticed on Facebook that many of the young women on my feed typically offer their birthday wishes t people by including a picture of themselves with the person whose birthday it is.

So, in essence, Trump is not as sensitive as a 19 year old girl.

It will get done, this is just Trump being Trump.

Seagull negotiating.

Fly in, squawk a lot, shit all over everything and leave it to someone else to clean it up.

He gets away with it because his supporters are fucking morons. The rare Trump supporters in my Facebook feed are basically a collection of the dumbest people I went to high school with.

I would reprimand you and say that it is a stereotype to say that these people who have a VERY deep understanding of the intricacies of a global economy are just stupid. But my wife was reading some tripe from one of her high school friends that is Pro-Trump. I asked what that person was like in High School and she said this girl TWICE stapled he hair to a desk.

There might be something to it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody get Milo a tissue...

DleMrU2VsAAKJbA.jpg:large

I don't read posts which aren't properly divided into paragraphs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about anyone else, but slapping minimum wages on auto workers and ensuring a large majority of parts are from NAFTA nations seem like wins to me :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked what that person was like in High School and she said this girl TWICE stapled he hair to a desk.
I did that, but only once...some got yanked out when I rushed to pull up my pants before the teacher returned. Lesson learned.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny until you realize this is also the same guy who has the nuclear launch codes...
I don't think so. His handlers have kept them locked away from him, I'm sure.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. His handlers have kept them locked away from him, I'm sure.
They convinced him that "The Biscuit" is actually a communion wafer-like item he is to consume whenever he wants to nuke Greece for fucking up his souvlaki order.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about anyone else, but slapping minimum wages on auto workers and ensuring a large majority of parts are from NAFTA nations seem like wins to me :noidea:

It doesn't seem too bad because it doesn't seem like it changes very little. But I worry that mandates like this cause supply chain issues b/c of one stupid part that can't be built/mined/etc. in North America that puts the ratio too low. That's where these kind of things fall down. So this administration has been railing on "regulations" just generally being bad, but these tarriffs and trade deals create lots of burdensome regulations. And ignorant people examining the issue will use the dumb rhetoic "finally, someone is putting America first" but educated people understand the approach to trade so far under Trump is simply picking winners and losers. Aluminum and steel do better. Soybean farmers and auto makers do worse. And while I think Presidents in the past weighed those pros/cons, the current administration just moves on the whims of Trump - even when his advisors are all against it.

Overall, there is no analytical basis for Trump's actions. There are rhetorical bases for this actions, and that's a dangerous game to play.

Especially when those actions (high tarriffs, protectionism, isolationism) are in strong alignment with the actions and conditions that plunged this country into the worst economic depression the country has ever seen (see: 1920s).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked what that person was like in High School and she said this girl TWICE stapled he hair to a desk.

They convinced him that "The Biscuit" is actually a communion wafer-like item he is to consume whenever he wants to nuke Greece for fucking up his souvlaki order.

if I may ... these 2 posts brought me back ... I once stapled my pinky finger as I was helping out the nuns in the rectory (I SAID PARDON???!!!) put together stacks of sunday newletters that were going to be given out to the parishioners

SURE ... CALL ME AN IDIOT ... but realize this ... I was 10 and it gave me the chance to get my ass out of the rectory for the day ... I knew what was coming down the pipe ( yes I meant pipe! )

1k6nn8.jpg

/ im going to hell

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem too bad because it doesn't seem like it changes very little. But I worry that mandates like this cause supply chain issues b/c of one stupid part that can't be built/mined/etc. in North America that puts the ratio too low. That's where these kind of things fall down. So this administration has been railing on "regulations" just generally being bad, but these tarriffs and trade deals create lots of burdensome regulations. And ignorant people examining the issue will use the dumb rhetoic "finally, someone is putting America first" but educated people understand the approach to trade so far under Trump is simply picking winners and losers. Aluminum and steel do better. Soybean farmers and auto makers do worse. And while I think Presidents in the past weighed those pros/cons, the current administration just moves on the whims of Trump - even when his advisors are all against it.

Overall, there is no analytical basis for Trump's actions. There are rhetorical bases for this actions, and that's a dangerous game to play.

Especially when those actions (high tarriffs, protectionism, isolationism) are in strong alignment with the actions and conditions that plunged this country into the worst economic depression the country has ever seen (see: 1920s).
Yeah well I've seen Ontario's auto sector decimated since the mid-90s and seen a lot of friends and family lose their jobs so fuck Mexico and their cheap labour :thumb:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sane/intelligent/non-racist people do not support this fuck toilet of a President.

my trip down the oregon coast had a couple of moments that were very disheartening ... both at breakfast buffets ???? WTF ... EAT YOUR DAMN BISCUIT COVERED IN RANDOM GRAVY AND SHUT YOUR YAPS

yah yah ... anecdotes ... but the racists are emboldened like never before ... old white guy from New Yawk at breakfast in a La Quinta talking ... as loud as possible ... about sending all the mexicans back as a Latino female employee is clearing the table next to him :L disgusting shit all around

/and thats why i pissed in the reservoir !

Status
Not open for further replies.