• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, as they say where I am from:

"snitches get stitches"

omar.gif

Very. Stable. Genius.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, the stock market is due for a correction after this record setting bull run, thus you can see how Trump is already linking the start of possible impeachment proceedings to a decline in the DJIA.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, the stock market is due for a correction after this record setting bull run, thus you can see how Trump is already linking the start of possible impeachment proceedings to a decline in the DJIA.

And that correction will be aided by the tariffs that will take away manufacturing jobs and be taken on by consumers.

This John Oliver piece was so well done and gets at the central issue. That there are many balances to consider and, no, trade wars are not "easy to win." The Right wants to believe that economic downturns are just the result of bad deals, Obama, et al. But it's a lot more complicated than that, and sadly, so much easier just to believe some meglomaniac has all the answers than actually learning about the issues and/or demanding change within yourself to adapt to the world. I don't think they understand that all those price-busting deals at WalMart are partially because of our free trade policies the last few decades. I think so many things are cheaper now than before and facts back that up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it turns out, a single juror held out on the other 10 counts in the Paul Manafort trial...

Manafort juror wanted him to be innocent, 'but he wasn't' - CNNPolitics

I have seen this going around and we have to be critical and careful here.

The juror who is talking, identifies as a Trump supporter, and wanted Manafort to be innocent is NOT the same one who held out.

The worrysome thing I saw was the juror who held out said something along the lines of "They would have never found this if they weren't going after Trump".

So, laws are okay to be broken as long as you don't like how they are uncovered? How did this person make it on the jury to begin with?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't every American run for congress and misuse funds?

AND WHO THE FUCK SPENDS 3 GRAND IN A BURGER JOINT?

He apparently just said on TV that his wife "handled the finances".

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump's Pecker has been granted immunity by the feds in Cohen probe. Yup, a pecker and a probe in the same banner headline.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't every American run for congress and misuse funds?

Man trump steaks are expensive!

Also this is my favorite:

"On or about March 20, 2015, when Duncan Hunter told Margaret Hunter that he was planning 'to buy my Hawaii shorts' but had run out of money, she counseled him to buy the shorts at a golf pro shop so that they could falsely describe the purchase later as 'some [golf] balls for the wounded warriors.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.