• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic berger denies these were photoshopped :pound:

ED5SNv5UcAAQWAt

ED5SNv5UwAAjXCE

EGT8xIVUYAEOMgh

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Tim Horton’s “cool”?

I think they were cooler when they stuck to the basics, good coffee and pastries. They've expanded their menu too much and quality control has suffered as a result. That said, they are still quite popular in my neck of the woods.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were cooler when they stuck to the basics, good coffee and pastries. They've expanded their menu too much and quality control has suffered as a result. That said, they are still quite popular in my neck of the woods.
It was all downhill once they stopped baking in-store in the early 00’s.

They’re salvageable but the company that runs Burger King probably isn’t the right owner to get them back to desirable.

FWIW, I know plenty of older people who grab a cup there daily but I only know one guy my age (early 30’s) who actually likes their coffee and he spent most of his teen/early 20 years playing hockey in places like Bancroft, Parry Sound and Esterhazy where there probably weren’t many other non-Tim’s options available. I don’t know a single person younger than I who asks to stop there for coffee. That’s going to be a problem for them.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know a single person younger than I who asks to stop there for coffee. That’s going to be a problem for them.

I think they might still be okay in the smaller rural areas as my 17 year old daughter hangs out there with her friends because they are open late and they're not old enough to hit the bars yet. Tim Horton's is a lot like the CFL, their demographic seems to be the over 50's crowd (my age group lol).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I avoid the tim hortons close to my house because its packed with high schoolers. If they want to hit it with the kids have their franchisees locate 2 blocks from high schools

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drink Tim Hortons religiously when I'm in Canada or places like NY or Michigan where it's readily available.

But I guess there's a nostalgia in it for me since I can't get it in NC.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought Trump was going to save the coal industry...

New York (CNN Business) - The slow death of the American coal industry has forced Murray Energy, the largest private coal miner in the United States, to file for bankruptcy protection Tuesday.

Murray Energy's bankruptcy has been telegraphed for years. It recently failed to make payments to lenders, and the company entered into a forbearance agreement that bought it time to negotiate a restructuring. But that grace period came and went, and Murray Energy was unable to pay its bills. S&P Global Ratings downgraded the company's credit rating to "default" earlier this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.