• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, provinces are under attack now? These people are fucking crazy.

In a press conference the day before, Minister of Energy Sonya Savage told reporters that the body would be open to requests under Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).

FOIP allows journalists and members of the public to ask for documents, specific communications and certain other information about public bodies or organizations.

However, Christine Myatt, press secretary to the premier, sent a statement to reporters Thursday saying that the minister “was not sufficiently clear regarding FOIP legislation’s applicability to the CEC.”

“The CEC’s internal operations are not subject to FOIP, as this would provide a tactical and/or strategic advantage to the very foreign-funded special interests the CEC is looking to counter,” wrote Myatt. “For example, we would not let those foreign-funded special interests seeking to attack our province see our detailed defence plans.”

Alberta now says energy war room not subject to freedom of information laws as a private corporation | The Star
Maybe, but with what's going on in Alberta, the Bloc looking like they might be on a path back to relevance and from what I understand people in Sask. being just generally pissed off for some reason (CFL?) there's some worrying national unity issues creeping to the fore that were generally dormant when PM Aladdin took over 4 years ago.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congress Can Seek Trump’s Financial Records, Appeals Court Rules

Prepare for a tweetstorm.

Remember kids, Tax evasion is what finally put Capone away.

DirtyUnevenIzuthrush-size_restricted.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's gonna have to explain to me how Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition can infringe on the copyright of a Crown Corporation public broadcaster. Pretty fucked up too that Rosie Barton was still a debate moderator despite being named as an applicant in the court filing earlier the same day.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting this weekend in an advance poll. I doubt my vote will make much of a difference, but if you don't vote, you give up your right to complain.
BBB family doing so today on the way to Thanksgiving dinner, as well.

I'm in a big swing riding so my vote for the Communist Party of Canada will be pivotal, methinks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for real, CBC's poll tracker has the NDP and BQ making 2-3% gains each nationally in the last week, the Bloc up 7% in Quebec during that period, which has led them to put the Conservatives in the seat lead (minority) for the first time this election.

CBC News Canada Poll Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.