• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely a success story from the Alberta NDP's carbon tax. Looks like there is a good chance that fatso Kenney cancels this too. He really is going down the Trump path of "cancel everything the black gu... err.. woman did." A total loser.

$850 million in economic growth: Energy Efficiency Alberta releases annual report
If the $850 million number is legit, the additional tax revenue already being received from your typical collections (income, PST, corporate etc.) should be more than enough to keep most of the program funded no?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

David Harbour seems a good dude.

Sorry, Harbo(u)r, per Board rules about the letter "u."

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the $850 million number is legit, the additional tax revenue already being received from your typical collections (income, PST, corporate etc.) should be more than enough to keep most of the program funded no?

It says right in the article though that the UPC feels the program may not "align with their goals". So they'll cancel it regardless of whether it can fund itself if it doesn't. As Kenney said, " We don't want bureaucrats telling us what light bulbs and shower heads to use, DERP!"*

*DERP was assumed and added for realism

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says right in the article though that the UPC feels the program may not "align with their goals". So they'll cancel it regardless of whether it can fund itself if it doesn't. As Kenney said, " We don't want bureaucrats telling us what light bulbs and shower heads to use, DERP!"*

*DERP was assumed and added for realism
I know they might cancel it anyway, I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily hinge on funding from the carbon tax nor does a similar program elsewhere need to either.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they might cancel it anyway, I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily hinge on funding from the carbon tax nor does a similar program elsewhere need to either.

For sure. In this case it was created with funding from the carbon tax. Which is precisely the kind of thing a carbon tax should fund (along with energy innovation, diversification and research). I haven't seen this kind of thing from the federal version. Which makes me even more pissed off at Kenney for cancelling our provincial version just to have our tax dollars go to a much less effective federal carbon tax.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the leader of the Greens, we all have three months to live.

giphy.gif

/Okay, in all seriousness, we should do our best to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. This gif is really just for Elizabeth May.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck lmao :pound:

/do yourself a favo(u)r and follow that guy on twitter lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many "friends" of Epstein are happy about this news. Are we positive it was suicide?!?

He was on 24/7 suicide watch and was "found hanged in his cell in the morning". He should have been in a cell with nothing it but a mattress and been checked on every 15 minutes.

Considering two presidents, many very powerful men and several current high ranking government officials are involved this as likely to be a "suicide" as it is that live monkeys will fly out of my ass.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird. All of the Trump supporters on my facebook feed have chosen today to mention the Clintons and Seth Rich.

You fucking retards, YOU are why these people can get away with shit like this.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, there's been a horrible accident. It's now Mumford And Son.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is good news at least

I am sure that will wind up in front of the Supreme Court. And it's not like the Supreme Court's balance of power was decided by someone with a personal interest in the outcome going a certain way...

So we should be fine.

Looking for jobs in Switzerland as we speak. They have hockey. They have cake. What more could I want?

Status
Not open for further replies.