• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To speak to I know very few Trump supporters, thank goodness. But the ones I do know are Trump supporters and actually like him; they were not voting for him because of who the democrats were running.
Totally agree. The issue isn't the folks that are Trump supporters it is the fringe democrats that will not vote for a specific candidate because of some horrible perception and then we get the same results as this last election.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, I just don't get why. Not directed toward you but toward the radical left who seem cool with doing Trump's work for him.

10% wingnuts on both sides and 80% in the middle disagree on a few things but fundamentally all just want to be happy and therefore not totally different. But both parties seem to have to cater to the wingnuts. Or want to in most cases.

To speak to I know very few Trump supporters, thank goodness. But the ones I do know are Trump supporters and actually like him; they were not voting for him because of who the democrats were running.

My experience also, they got sucked into the cult of personality or voted because he was on their favorite TV show once. I do know of a few who voted for party, and a couple more who voted because they believed the swamp draining shit. Hopefully the latter two groups will not go the same way.

Totally agree. The issue isn't the folks that are Trump supporters it is the fringe democrats that will not vote for a specific candidate because of some horrible perception and then we get the same results as this last election.

This is so true. Bernie didn't win the nomination? THEN I AM NOT VOTING AT ALL! *crosses arms and pouts*

Hopefully those people will realize that it's all too important to sit out. But I fear Bernie's own cult of personality will create the same vacuum when he doesn't get the nom. Hopefully whoever does realizes they need him and makes him Veep candidate.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some Obama voters who went Trump but, by and large, the Democrats lost because they couldn't turn out their own base to vote for Hillary.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some Obama voters who went Trump but, by and large, the Democrats lost because they couldn't turn out their own base to vote for Hillary.
I'd be more inclined to agree if she didn't get 3 million more votes than he did.

I also know some people who didn't vote for her because she is a woman, should the party cater to misogynists in order to turn out the vote? Serious question, not implying any easy answer and not joking.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got more votes
The blue collar vote in less than a handful of states cost them the race

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more inclined to agree if she didn't get 3 million more votes than he did.

I also know some people who didn't vote for her because she is a woman, should the party cater to misogynists in order to turn out the vote? Serious question, not implying any easy answer and not joking.
It doesn't help when those extra votes come from places that aren't important electorally, like the million votes more she got in CA than Obama did in 12.

It's obviously unproveable to date but I believe if any woman other than her ran, they would have a much better chance of succeeding. After 30 years in national spotlight most people had a pretty solid position on whether or not they loved or hated Hillary for whatever reason they had by then.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help when those extra votes come from places that aren't important electorally, like the million votes more she got in CA than Obama did in 12.

It's obviously unproveable to date but I believe if any woman other than her ran, they would have a much better chance of succeeding. After 30 years in national spotlight most people had a pretty solid position on whether or not they loved or hated Hillary for whatever reason they had by then.

I really do not know. I know a number of people who despite thinking themselves very progressive, have issues with voting for a woman.

Did Hillary get one of the highest popular vote totals in history because people were voting against Trump? Or was she not as hated as she is portrayed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not know. I know a number of people who despite thinking themselves very progressive, have issues with voting for a woman.

Did Hillary get one of the highest popular vote totals in history because people were voting against Trump? Or was she not as hated as she is portrayed.
I think she was hated enough by a voting block she was counting on - white women - to cost her the election.

Even a 3 percentage points uptick in that demographic and she's probably president.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she was hated enough by a voting block she was counting on - white women - to cost her the election.

Even a 3 percentage points uptick in that demographic and she's probably president.

And most of that demographic didn't like her because she stood by her husband who was at best a lecherous twat and at worst an assaulter of women.

Ironic, that

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pandering to misogynists to get their votes isn't winning. It's losing. If there's a bunch of people who won't vote for a woman, don't accommodate them, win without them. Beat them.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Econonomy do pretty well means Trump should sweep his next election. Trump in 4.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most of that demographic didn't like her because she stood by her husband who was at best a lecherous twat and at worst an assaulter of women.

Ironic, that
Well the Democrats are a bunch of coastal elites. So naturally people voted for a..........huh

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She still had, if my count is correct, the second most votes in history so I'm not that convinced she was hated by as many people who would normally vote democrat as some people say. I'm not sure there was any great campaign flaw either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She still had, if my count is correct, the second most votes in history so I'm not that convinced she was hated by as many people who would normally vote democrat as some people say. I'm not sure there was any great campaign flaw either.

The Mueller report highlighted the Russian campaign focused on four states: Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota, in particular. Trump won three of them, and those three accounted for 46 electoral votes--and an Electoral College 92-vote swing. He won those three states (Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania) by a combined 107,105 votes.

Second, Manafort briefed Kilimnik on the state of the Trump Campaign and Manafort’s plan to win the election.930 That briefing encompassed the Campaign’s messaging and its internal polling data. According to Gates, it also included discussion of “battleground” states, which Manafort identified as Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota.931 Manafort did not refer explicitly to “battleground” states in his telling of the August 2 discussion,

Perhaps just without Russian interference, Clinton wins those three states she lost that they specifically targeted. She wins the Electoral College 278-260 instead of losing it 306-232. This election wasn't at all close in the popular vote--Clinton's favor--and it was very, very close in the Electoral College, considering how few votes swung it in Trump's favor in key battleground states.

I know it's hard to say the Russians got Trump elected for sure, but there were nearly 14 million votes cast in those three states. That the Russians could have turned a mere 107,105 of them isn't unreasonable, before even considering the voters who might have stayed home because of it.

Last edited:

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The southern pollen invasion has resulted in my first dose of Zyrtec. Which is making me feel more like a zombie than I ever have.

Need a nap.
I take it too, right about this time of year due to tree pollen. It works for me too, but only makes me slightly sleepy. Probably affects different people in different ways.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty low on the Scumbag Scale of Misinformation, even for Donny boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.