• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flake has asked for a week to investigate further. The Republicans are yielding because he won't vote "yay" otherwise.

In short... 2 ladies at an elevator gave him second thoughts and may cost a nominee a seat on the Supreme Court.

Although honestly, a week isn't much time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flake has asked for a week to investigate further. The Republicans are yielding because he won't vote "yay" otherwise.

In short... 2 ladies at an elevator gave him second thoughts and may cost a nominee a seat on the Supreme Court.

Although honestly, a week isn't much time.

As I listen to him more, he's being pretty clever about it. He knows he has to sell the republicans on this, and he's taking the angle that people will mistrust them if they push Kavanaugh through without an investigation.

I guess yelling at senators works.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the impression from Flake's body language much earlier that his "yes" was going to be conflicted regardless, but I think the confrontations on his way to the meeting were essential in transforming that doubt into this delay.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the impression from Flake's body language much earlier that his "yes" was going to be conflicted regardless, but I think the confrontations on his way to the meeting were essential in transforming that doubt into this delay.
Conflicted in that he probably knows he should vote no but if he torpedoes the one chance Republicans have to get an unassailable conservative SCOTUS majority he will never be able to run for president with any hope in hell of winning.

So, ya know, fuck his conflicts. Blame the President for picking such a fucking tool for a nominee.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitch McConnell still needs to okay this one week delay based on what I'm hearing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflicted in that he probably knows he should vote no but if he torpedoes the one chance Republicans have to get an unassailable conservative SCOTUS majority he will never be able to run for president with any hope in hell of winning.

So, ya know, fuck his conflicts. Blame the President for picking such a fucking tool for a nominee.

Oh sure, that's not a compliment to him, but to the women who accosted him. I'm just pointing out I had hope for him based on his body language, and it turns out I was right.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch McConnell still needs to okay this one week delay based on what I'm hearing.
He's a good guy, I am sure he will do what's best.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good guy, I am sure he will do what's best.

Well, if they don't have the votes (and it appears that they may not), it probably doesn't make much sense to go ahead with the Senate vote.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kavanaugh should be too worried about this in all honesty. If he isn't confirmed I'm sure Eugene Melnyk will be on his doorstep offering up an assistant GM position within the week. Or when he sobers up, whichever comes first.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh sure, that's not a compliment to him, but to the women who accosted him. I'm just pointing out I had hope for him based on his body language, and it turns out I was right.

Though also it's fair to point out he at least has a conflict between his morality and values and his politics. That's a hell of a lot more than you can say about most of the rest of his party.

Status
Not open for further replies.