• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trick to follow in Dads footsteps

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allan Taylor @AllanTaylorWVU
Follow
Trickett just told us he had 5 concussions in 14 months, hiding 2 from trainers. Will retire from football and begin coaching.
2:06 PM - 26 Dec 2014
236 RETWEETS 50 FAVORITES

Retweet

Favorite

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud of the kid for making a tough, grown up and smart decision and will be rooting hard for him as a coach. Hope he is yet another great CFB coach with WV ties.

Good luck my man :suds:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid has been a warrior.

Glad he made this decision. As I said on another thread, I was told to quit playing football too. I retired at a young age from the game... of course, we never retired from playing in those days.

We quit...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU QB Clint Trickett retires after five concussions in 14 months | FOX Sports

Did one of the two concussions he hid from the trainers occur in the TCU game?

"A senior, Trickett said he's suffered five concussions in the past 14 months and hid two of those injuries from trainers."

I would bet my house that the TCU game was one.
I like our training staff but we need to get a lil better when it comes to diagnosing head injuries imo. There were a heckuvalot of WVU fans that thought that this was a lingering problem after the TCU game but yet... He could hide these injuries from a trainer?
Something just doesn't feel right with that one.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dad is a fine coach, I wish Clint the best

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet my house that the TCU game was one.
I like our training staff but we need to get a lil better when it comes to diagnosing head injuries imo. There were a heckuvalot of WVU fans that thought that this was a lingering problem after the TCU game but yet... He could hide these injuries from a trainer?
Something just doesn't feel right with that one.

One part of this new concussion age treatment is that kids know what to say and when to say it to trainers. Trickett has obviously been through the protocol before and was able to get by the testing without notice to the detriment of himself and the team. I am glad the kid is making this decision now and wish him luck moving forward with his career, but unlike a lot of people applauding his toughness I think his actions were complete stupidity....with all the new knowledge on these brain injuries and the long term affects there is no reason he should have hid these injuries from anyone.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how our season would have went if Clint took himself out at TCU. It is great to be tough to help the team but hiding the concussion only hurt him and his team.

I was impressed with Clint. If he were 40 pounds heavier, I think he would have made a great NFL QB. He really reminded me of Mark Bulger.