• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Lawrence to stay?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well could be but that #1 has some much value I dont think it is very realistic a team trades up. Would probably take 3 1st’s and even then I wouldn’t do it if a team was missing out on TL
The Jets likely have the worst organization in football. Why play in the NY market, which is nothing but ridicule and criticism. Yeah, there's money to be made in NY, but I don't think TL will need the money. I would just tell NY, that he's a southern boy, and that's what he's used to and wants to remain in the South. Other than Kansas City, who wouldn't take him?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well could be but that #1 has some much value I dont think it is very realistic a team trades up. Would probably take 3 1st’s and even then I wouldn’t do it if a team was missing out on TL

I'm thinking along those lines.

There is very little good about the Jets. Them drafting a QB, no matter how good he is, doesn't help them.
Trading for 2 or 3 starters and getting 3 draft picks over two years, will help them more than TL.

I'd guarantee you that NE would trade up for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets likely have the worst organization in football. Why play in the NY market, which is nothing but ridicule and criticism. Yeah, there's money to be made in NY, but I don't think TL will need the money. I would just tell NY, that he's a southern boy, and that's what he's used to and wants to remain in the South. Other than Kansas City, who wouldn't take him?
No doubt they could get a lot for that pick but at least the Jets owner is willing to spend. They just need a new GM/HC combo. Burrow might be in a worse scenario tbh bc the owner will not spend and they haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years. They rebuild the FO and that would be a start. I mean they were winning playoff games with Mark Sanchez

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I still think they could keep Darnold on the roster and compete for the starting job...then if he loses it, ship him off. I just think Trevor is too damn good and that pick has so much value. IMO I wouldn't take 3 1st's for that pick. It is the Jets though.

Well, it worked in the movie "Draft Day" didn't it.... lol

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they could get a lot for that pick but at least the Jets owner is willing to spend. They just need a new GM/HC combo. Burrow might be in a worse scenario tbh bc the owner will not spend and they haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years. They rebuild the FO and that would be a start. I mean they were winning playoff games with Mark Sanchez
I just don't see a kid like TL being happy in NYC. Miami might be willing to trade Tua and 2 number 1's to the Jets. That would actually be a good trade for both sides.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every I heard about Burrow was along the lines of he didn't give a fuck if he went to the Bengals, Skins, Jets etc. He wanted that challenge leading a team from worst to first.

Maybe it was false rumors, either way I think Lawrence will have the same attitude.
Yeah this is just fake news for ESPN to generate clicks. Just add this one to the other TL rumors:
"Trevor Lawrence should hold out after winning a National title"
"Trevor Lawrence should join the XFL and make millions until he's eligible for the NFL"
"Trevor Lawrence should Covid opt-out and go to the NFL"
"Trevor Lawrence should skip the 2021 draft becuase the worst team is getting the #1 draft pick"

rolling eyes unbelivable GIF

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since his home is in Georgia, the Falcons should tank to increase their shot at getting him
Fields also from GA, would be nice for the Falcons but at this point, Falcons are out the running for the #2 selection